1. An easy return of a tennis ball in a high arc.
4. Any of various strong liquors distilled from the fermented sap of toddy palms or from fermented molasses.
8. A long walk usually for exercise or pleasure.
12. Neither warm or very cold.
16. A Turkish unit of weight equal to about 2.75 pounds.
17. The basic unit of money in Bangladesh.
18. A blue dye obtained from plants or made synthetically.
19. Beyond what is natural.
20. (Greek mythology) God of love.
22. Resembling or characteristic of a prophet or prophecy.
24. A Japanese woman trained to entertain men with conversation and singing and dancing.
25. A small cake leavened with yeast.
26. The Palestinian uprising (beginning in 1987) against the Israeli occupation of the West Bank and Gaza Strip.
27. Cause to go somewhere.
28. On or toward the lee.
30. A white metallic element that burns with a brilliant light.
31. A Black youth subculture and religious movement that arose in the ghettos of Kingston, Jamaica, in the 1950s.
33. Flat-topped or rounded inflorescence characteristic of the family Umbelliferae in which the individual flower stalks arise from about the same point.
39. A ductile gray metallic element of the lanthanide series.
40. A hard malleable ductile silvery metallic element that is resistant to corrosion.
41. A city in southern Turkey on the Seyhan River.
43. South African term for `boss'.
48. Taken or to be taken at random.
50. An amino acid that is found in the central nervous system.
52. White grape grown in Europe and California.
54. A British peer ranking below a Marquess and above a Viscount.
55. The largest tarsal bone.
57. Primitive chlorophyll-containing mainly aquatic eukaryotic organisms lacking true stems and roots and leaves.
58. A soft gray ductile metallic element used in alloys.
59. A set of questions or exercises evaluating skill or knowledge.
60. A city in northwestern Syria.
61. The flesh of animals (including fishes and birds and snails) used as food.
62. A beverage made by steeping tea leaves in water.
64. A republic in southern Europe on the Italian Peninsula.
67. The sound of laughing.
68. Set down according to a plan.
72. United States architect (born in China in 1917).
73. The 4th largest of Jupiter's satellites.
75. Someone who uses another person's words or ideas is they were his own.
77. An honorary degree in science.
78. (Greek mythology) Goddess of discord.
79. A plant hormone promoting elongation of stems and roots.
80. Being ten more than one hundred ninety.
81. A tricycle (usually propelled by pedalling).
84. A Chadic language spoken south of Lake Chad.
87. Tropical starchy tuberous root.
91. (Babylonian) God of storms and wind.
92. Someone employed by a gas company.
95. Of or relating to or characteristic of Hades or Tartarus.
97. A large bundle bound for storage or transport.
98. Marked by or showing unaffected simplicity and lack of guile or worldly experience.
99. An Arabic speaking person who lives in Arabia or North Africa.
101. A sweetened beverage of diluted fruit juice.
102. A primeval personification of air and breath.
103. Type genus of the Alcidae comprising solely the razorbill.
104. A island in the Netherlands Antilles that is the top of an extinct volcano.
105. Common black-and-gray Eurasian bird noted for thievery.
106. A colorless and odorless inert gas.
1. United States physiologist (born in Germany) who did research on parthenogenesis (1859-1924).
2. Long green edible beaked pods of the okra plant.
3. African tree having an exceedingly thick trunk and fruit that resembles a gourd and has an edible pulp called monkey bread.
4. A highly unstable radioactive element (the heaviest of the halogen series).
5. Tall perennial herb of tropical Asia with dark green leaves.
6. A Kwa language spoken in Ghana and the Ivory Coast.
7. Influential German idealist philosopher (1724-1804).
8. A port in northwestern Israel on the Bay of Acre.
9. A ruler of the Inca Empire (or a member of his family).
10. (Sumerian) Goddess personifying earth.
11. British composer (1857-1934).
12. Armor plate that protects the thigh.
13. The beginning or early stages.
14. Type genus of Ochnaceae.
15. A large number or amount.
21. Possible to sell.
23. A local and habitual twitching especially in the face.
29. Late time of life.
32. A radioactive element of the actinide series.
34. French revolutionary who was prominent in the early days of the French Revolution (1749-1791).
35. A lack of vitality.
36. A very young child (birth to 1 year) who has not yet begun to walk or talk.
37. The area of the states of North Carolina and South Carolina.
38. Disinclined to work or exertion.
42. Title for a civil or military leader (especially in Turkey).
44. Pass gradually or leak through or as if through small openings.
45. Multiple collisions of vehicles.
46. Having ones attention or mind or energy engaged.
47. Kauri pine.
49. A colorless and odorless inert gas.
51. A silvery ductile metallic element found primarily in bauxite.
53. A Tibetan or Mongolian priest of Lamaism.
56. Elder brother of Krishna.
63. Breed of large wiry-coated terrier bred in Yorkshire.
65. A member of the South American Indian people living in Brazil and Paraguay.
66. The largest continent with 60% of the earth's population.
69. Sedative (trade name Doriden) used to treat some sleep disorders.
70. Baked dish of layers of lasagna pasta with sauce and cheese and meat or vegetables.
71. The branch of engineering science that studies the uses of electricity and the equipment for power generation and distribution and the control of machines and communication.
74. A form of entertainment that enacts a story by a sequence of images giving the illusion of continuous movement.
76. Made agreeably cold (especially by ice).
82. Mild yellow Dutch cheese made in balls.
83. Any of numerous local fertility and nature deities worshipped by ancient Semitic peoples.
85. Type genus of the Anatidae.
86. According to the Old Testament he was a pagan king of Israel and husband of Jezebel (9th century BC).
88. No longer having or seeming to have or expecting to have life.
89. An informal term for a father.
90. Again but in a new or different way.
93. Intentionally so written (used after a printed word or phrase).
94. A master's degree in fine arts.
96. A loose sleeveless outer garment made from aba cloth.
97. A toxic nonmetallic element related to sulfur and tellurium.
100. An intensely radioactive metallic element that occurs in minute amounts in uranium ores.