1. A room or establishment where alcoholic drinks are served over a counter.
4. Pulled or drawn tight.
8. A strategically located monarchy on the southern and eastern coasts of the Arabian Peninsula.
12. Mild yellow Dutch cheese made in balls.
16. A member of the Shoshonean people of Utah and Colorado and New Mexico.
17. An inflammatory disease involving the sebaceous glands of the skin.
18. Wrap us in a cerecloth, as of a corpse.
19. A soft wet area of low-lying land that sinks underfoot.
20. Resinlike substance secreted by certain lac insects.
21. An anxiety disorder associated with serious traumatic events and characterized by such symptoms as guilt about surviving or reliving the trauma in dreams or numbness and lack of involvement with reality or recurrent thoughts and images.
22. A television system that has more than the usual number of lines per frame so its pictures show more detail.
23. Danish physicist who studied atomic structure and radiations.
24. Genus of tropical American epiphytic orchids having striking axillary racemes of yellow to green spiderlike flowers with long slender sepals and warty lips.
27. (of snakes and eels) Naturally footless.
29. A gonadotropic hormone that is secreted by the anterior pituitary.
30. Streaming or flapping or spreading wide as if in a current of air.
32. Remove or make invisible.
33. A share of money or food or clothing that has been charitably given.
35. Witnessed at first hand.
36. A choice or delicious dish.
38. A silvery ductile metallic element found primarily in bauxite.
39. 16 ounces.
41. A river of southwestern Africa that rises in central Angola and flows east and then north (forming part of the border between Angola and Congo) and continuing northwest through Congo to empty into the Congo River on the border between Congo and Republic of the Congo.
43. Status with respect to the relations between people or groups.
47. Lead someone in the wrong direction.
51. A unit of length equal to one thousandth of an inch.
53. Title for a civil or military leader (especially in Turkey).
54. Occurring at or forming an end or termination.
57. A colloid in a more solid form than a sol.
58. Nocturnal fruit-eating bird of South America that has fatty young yielding an oil that is used instead of butter.
60. (computer science) A graphic symbol (usually a simple picture) that denotes a program or a command or a data file or a concept in a graphical user interface.
63. Irritate or vex.
64. The biblical name for ancient Syria.
65. The closing section of a musical composition.
66. Unknown god.
67. Bright with a steady but subdued shining.
69. A bottle with a stopper.
73. A person who gains weight.
75. An uproarious party.
76. A note placed below the text on a printed page.
78. The cry made by sheep.
79. (used informally) Very small.
81. An informal term for a father.
82. Malicious burning to destroy property.
88. Genus of sticky herbs with yellow flowers open in morning or evening but closed in bright light.
91. An African antelope closely related to the waterbuck.
93. Harsh or corrosive in tone.
95. The blood group whose red cells carry both the A and B antigens.
96. Goddess of spring and wife of Bragi.
97. Type genus of the Alcidae comprising solely the razorbill.
100. (Babylonian) God of storms and wind.
101. Make a plat of.
102. A small cake leavened with yeast.
103. An associate degree in applied science.
1. A modified bud consisting of a thickened globular underground stem serving as a reproductive structure.
2. Essential oil or perfume obtained from flowers.
3. The process of remembering (especially the process of recovering information by mental effort).
4. (military) Signal to turn the lights out.
5. Luna moths.
6. Lacking in security or safety.
7. (Brit) A tough youth of 1950's and 1960's wearing Edwardian style clothes.
8. Of a moderate orange-yellow color.
9. Relating to or belonging to the Middle Ages.
10. The products of human creativity.
11. A state in the western United States.
12. Give encouragement to.
13. A thermionic tube having two electrodes.
14. A Buddhist who has attained nirvana.
15. Common black European thrush.
25. Lac purified by heating and filtering.
26. The capital of Bahrain.
28. The cardinal number that is the sum of four and one.
31. The basic unit of money in Albania.
34. Abnormally small production of urine.
37. Being one more than one.
40. A light strong brittle gray toxic bivalent metallic element.
42. A white or colorless vitreous insoluble solid (SiO2).
44. East Indian cereal grass whose seed yield a somewhat bitter flour, a staple in the Orient.
45. South African mongoose-like viverrine having a face like a lemur and only four toes.
46. A light medieval helmet with a slit for vision.
48. The female or generative principle.
49. (old-fashioned) At or from or to a great distance.
50. English theoretical physicist who applied relativity theory to quantum mechanics and predicted the existence of antimatter and the positron (1902-1984).
52. (Irish) Mother of the Tuatha De Danann.
55. A member of a people who have no permanent home but move about according to the seasons.
56. An exhibition of cowboy skills.
59. Of or relating to or characteristic of Hades or Tartarus.
61. Coffee trees.
62. The father of your father or mother.
68. Directed or moving inward or toward a center.
69. (military) Signal to turn the lights out.
70. A small boat of shallow draft with cross thwarts for seats and rowlocks for oars with which it is propelled.
71. Enduring strength and energy.
72. Weight to be borne or conveyed.
74. An intensely radioactive metallic element that occurs in minute amounts in uranium ores.
77. A doctor's degree in optometry.
80. (computer science) A coding system that incorporates extra parity bits in order to detect errors.
83. European freshwater fish resembling the roach.
84. Gull-like jaeger of northern seas.
85. A public area set aside as a pedestrian walk.
86. Predatory black-and-white toothed whale with large dorsal fin.
87. Large burrowing rodent of South and Central America.
89. The United Nations agency concerned with atomic energy.
90. The elementary stages of any subject (usually plural).
92. A diagrammatic representation of the earth's surface (or part of it).
93. A heavy ductile magnetic metallic element.
94. A compartment in front of a motor vehicle where driver sits.
98. A metallic element having four allotropic forms.
99. An official prosecutor for a judicial district.