1. A unit of electrical power in an AC circuit equal to the power dissipated when 1 volt produces a current of 1 ampere.
4. (of complexion) Blemished by imperfections of the skin.
9. Move as if through a sieve.
13. 36th President of the United States.
16. A period marked by distinctive character or reckoned from a fixed point or event.
17. Virus parasitic in bacteria.
18. Not in action or at work.
19. Compete for something.
20. (informal) `johnny' was applied as a nickname for Confederate soldiers by the Federal soldiers in the American Civil War.
21. (used of opinions and actions) Far beyond the norm.
23. A member of the Iroquoian people formerly living east of Lake Ontario.
25. A metabolic acid found in yeast and liver cells.
27. Pronounce with a lowered velum.
29. A city of central China.
30. Surveying instrument consisting of the upper movable part of a theodolite including the telescope and its attachments.
32. The front of the head from the forehead to the chin and ear to ear.
34. (anatomy) Of or relating to the ilium.
37. The academic world.
41. The rate of moving (especially walking or running).
44. Wild goose having white adult plumage.
47. A dull persistent (usually moderately intense) pain.
48. Being five more than fifty.
49. Relatively small fast-moving sloth.
52. Herb of the Pacific islands grown throughout the tropics for its edible root and in temperate areas as an ornamental for its large glossy leaves.
54. A lipoprotein that transports cholesterol in the blood.
56. Suggestive of the supernatural.
58. (British informal) An airless smoky smelly atmosphere.
59. Large South American evergreen tree trifoliate leaves and drupes with nutlike seeds used as food and a source of cooking oil.
61. Large burrowing rodent of South and Central America.
63. Strong lightweight wood of the balsa tree used especially for floats.
65. Worn around arm as identification or to indicate mourning.
67. The biblical name for ancient Syria.
70. Set down according to a plan.
71. The cardinal number that is the sum of one and one and one.
72. Any plant of the genus Gerardia.
75. (Roman mythology) God of love.
76. Informal terms for a meal.
77. United States physicist (born in Austria) who proposed the exclusion principle (thus providing a theoretical basis for the periodic table) (1900-1958).
78. A gonadotropic hormone that is secreted by the anterior pituitary.
79. A city in western Nevada at the foot of the Sierra Nevada Mountains.
80. A ray of moonlight.
83. American prizefighter who won the world heavyweight championship three times (born in 1942).
84. East Indian tree yielding a resin used medicinally and burned as incense.
87. A flat-bottomed volcanic crater that was formed by an explosion.
89. Open-heart surgery in which the rib cage is opened and a section of a blood vessel is grafted from the aorta to the coronary artery to bypass the blocked section of the coronary artery and improve the blood supply to the heart.
93. (Jewish cookery) A loaf of white bread containing eggs and leavened with yeast.
97. The cry made by sheep.
98. A river in north central Switzerland that runs northeast into the Rhine.
99. Any plant of the genus Erica.
101. Type genus of the Majidae.
102. A cgs unit of work or energy.
103. A condition (mostly in boys) characterized by behavioral and learning disorders.
104. Station where transport vehicles load or unload passengers or goods.
105. (Old Testament) In Judeo-Christian mythology.
106. A nucleic acid consisting of large molecules shaped like a double helix.
1. A morel whose fertile portion resembles a bell and is attached to the stipe only at the top.
2. Of or relating to or involving an area.
3. Spiritual leader of a Jewish congregation.
4. The month following March and preceding May.
5. Malevolent aspect of Devi.
6. A quantity of no importance.
7. Armor plate that protects the chest.
8. Coffee with the caffeine removed.
9. A white or colorless vitreous insoluble solid (SiO2).
10. A state in the Rocky Mountains.
11. A flat mass of ice (smaller than an ice field) floating at sea.
12. Being one more than nine.
13. Being seven more than fifty.
14. The capital and chief port of Qatar.
15. Close-fitting pants of heavy denim for casual wear (usually in the plural).
22. A flat wing-shaped process or winglike part of an organism.
24. Go beyond.
26. A farewell remark.
28. Cereal grass widely cultivated for its grain.
31. A silvery ductile metallic element found primarily in bauxite.
33. Hormone secreted by the posterior pituitary gland (trade name Pitressin) and also by nerve endings in the hypothalamus.
35. A unit of area (4840 square yards) used in English-speaking countries.
36. Relatively low in price or charging low prices.
38. Type genus of the Aceraceae.
39. An erroneous mental representation.
40. Italian physicist noted for his work on gases.
42. A small republic in the eastern Pyrenees between Spain and France.
43. A highly decorated ceremonial pipe of Amerindians.
45. Tropical starchy tuberous root.
46. A hard malleable ductile silvery metallic element that is resistant to corrosion.
50. A Kachinic language.
51. The hair growing on the lower part of a man's face.
53. Keenly excited (especially sexually) or indicating excitement.
55. A constellation in the southern hemisphere near Telescopium and Norma.
57. A soft silvery metallic element.
60. Very great.
62. Type genus of the Cariamidae comprising only the crested cariama.
64. King of the Visigoths who captured Rome in 410 (370-410).
66. The position or office of a dean.
68. Aromatic bulb used as seasoning.
69. A great raja.
73. An unforeseen obstacle.
74. Fermented alcoholic beverage similar to but heavier than beer.
81. Treated with oil.
82. Molten rock in the earth's crust.
85. According to the Old Testament he was a pagan king of Israel and husband of Jezebel (9th century BC).
86. Soft white semisolid fat obtained by rendering the fatty tissue of the hog v 1.
88. (Babylonian) God of storms and wind.
90. In bed.
91. An outlying farm building for storing grain or animal feed and housing farm animals.
92. Mentally or physically infirm with age.
94. A unit of surface area equal to 100 square meters.
95. Nocturnal mouselike mammal with forelimbs modified to form membranous wings and anatomical adaptations for echolocation by which they navigate.
96. A barrier constructed to contain the flow or water or to keep out the sea.
100. A heavy odorless colorless gas formed during respiration and by the decomposition of organic substances.