1. A former monetary unit in Great Britain.
4. A hard copal derived from an African tree.
9. (prefix) In front of or before in space.
13. A close friend who accompanies his buddies in their activities.
16. The month following March and preceding May.
17. Of or relating to punishment.
18. According to the Old Testament he was a pagan king of Israel and husband of Jezebel (9th century BC).
19. The United Nations agency concerned with the interests of labor.
20. The cry made by sheep.
21. Someone who travels about selling his wares (as on the streets or at carnivals).
23. Give an injection to.
25. Primitive chlorophyll-containing mainly aquatic eukaryotic organisms lacking true stems and roots and leaves.
27. The amount a salary is increased.
28. A state in the western United States.
29. A member of a Muslim Turkic people of western Asia (especially in Kazakstan).
33. With self-possession (especially in times of stress).
40. Chocolate cookie with white cream filling.
41. A unit of weight equivalent to 1000 kilograms.
44. A person responsible for hiring workers.
46. The basic unit of money in Iran.
47. Aromatic Eurasian perennial.
49. (medicine) Having or experiencing a rapid onset and short but severe course.
50. Long green edible beaked pods of the okra plant.
51. Any plant of the genus Gerardia.
53. A city in northern India.
54. A silvery soft waxy metallic element of the alkali metal group.
56. Electronic warfare undertaken to insure effective friendly use of the electromagnetic spectrum in spite of the enemy's use of electronic warfare.
57. The state of matter distinguished from the solid and liquid states by.
58. Dry brandy distilled in the Armagnac district of France.
61. Uttering in an irritated tone.
63. A cord that is drawn through eyelets or around hooks in order to draw together two edges (as of a shoe or garment).
64. An extreme state of adversity.
67. Counting the number of white and red blood cells and the number of platelets in 1 cubic millimeter of blood.
70. A Russian river.
73. A public promotion of some product or service.
74. (classical mythology) A hero noted for his strength.
80. (Babylonian) Goddess of healing and consort of Ninurta.
81. Large high frilly cap with a full crown.
84. A region of central Europe rich in deposits of coal and iron ore.
87. Praise, glorify, or honor.
89. A member of the Iroquoian people formerly living east of Lake Ontario.
90. An indehiscent fruit derived from a single ovary having one or many seeds within a fleshy wall or pericarp.
91. (prefix) Reverse of or absence of.
92. Reconnaissance (by shortening).
94. A small island.
96. A rotating disk shaped to convert circular into linear motion.
97. A cgs unit of work or energy.
98. Australian shrubs and small trees with evergreen usually spiny leaves and dense clusters of showy flowers.
99. United States tennis player who was the first Black to win United States and English singles championships (1943-1993).
100. A loose sleeveless outer garment made from aba cloth.
1. A small cake leavened with yeast.
2. A translucent mineral consisting of hydrated silica of variable color.
3. (informal) Exceptionally good.
4. Earnest or urgent request.
5. (meaning literally `born') Used to indicate the maiden or family name of a married woman.
6. Chief god of the Rig-Veda.
7. Large bamboo having thick-walled culms.
8. (Norse mythology) Goddess of old age who defeated Thor in a wrestling match.
9. A river in north central Switzerland that runs northeast into the Rhine.
10. A state in New England.
11. The capital of Nationalist China.
12. The compass point that is one point north of due east.
13. Righteousness by virtue of being pious.
14. Type genus of the Alcidae comprising solely the razorbill.
15. Unwillingness to do something contrary to your custom.
22. A radioactive transuranic element produced by bombarding plutonium with neutrons.
24. Historical and literary materials relating to Judaism.
26. Remote city of Kazakhstan that (ostensibly for security reasons) was made the capital in 1998.
30. Any of a group of compounds that are inactive precursors of enzymes and require some change (such as the hydrolysis of a fragment that masks an active enzyme) to become active.
31. Ostentatious hammy conduct.
32. A Loloish language.
34. A member of the Caddo people who formerly lived in the Dakotas west of the Missouri river.
35. British artist and writer of nonsense verse (1812-1888).
36. A cut of pork ribs with much of the meat trimmed off.
37. A small railroad car propelled by hand or by a small motor.
38. An Italian poet famous for love lyrics (1304-1374).
39. Having a breast or breasts.
42. A surgical instrument used to remove sections of bone from the skull.
43. Title for a civil or military leader (especially in Turkey).
45. (British) A form of football played with an oval ball.
48. Any plant of the genus Erica.
52. The basic unit of electric current adopted under the System International d'Unites.
55. One thousand grams.
59. One million periods per second.
60. Of or belonging to an aecium.
62. An esoteric or occult matter that is traditionally secret.
65. Any of various shrubs or small trees of the genus Dombeya grown for their rounded clusters of exquisite often sweet-scented flowers usually hanging beneath the leaves.
66. (trademark) A light plastic disk about 10 inches in diameter.
68. A bachelor's degree in religion.
69. A ductile gray metallic element of the lanthanide series.
71. A road that takes traffic around the edge of a town.
72. A colorless and odorless inert gas.
75. A city in central Egypt on the east bank of the Nile.
76. A loud resonant repeating noise.
77. An loose coverall (coat or frock) reaching down to the ankles.
78. Genus of sticky herbs with yellow flowers open in morning or evening but closed in bright light.
79. The capital and largest city of Bangladesh.
80. A white metallic element that burns with a brilliant light.
82. Belonging to some prior time.
83. Being one more than one hundred.
85. Someone who works (or provides workers) during a strike.
86. God of love and erotic desire.
88. Hormone released by the hypothalamus that controls the release of thyroid-stimulating hormone from the anterior pituitary.
93. (Akkadian) God of wisdom.
95. A gonadotropic hormone that is secreted by the anterior pituitary.