1. East Indian tree bearing a profusion of intense vermilion velvet-textured blooms and yielding a yellow dye.
4. English scholastic philosopher and assumed author of Occam's Razor (1285-1349).
9. A boy or man.
13. A United Nations agency that invest directly in companies and guarantees loans to private investors.
16. The compass point midway between east and southeast.
17. Virus parasitic in bacteria.
18. Formerly a large constellation in the southern hemisphere between Canis Major and the Southern Cross.
19. The syllable naming the fifth (dominant) note of any musical scale in solmization.
20. Horny projecting mouth of a bird.
21. Sour-tasting liquid produced usually by oxidation of the alcohol in wine or cider and used as a condiment or food preservative.
23. Medium-sized tree-dwelling monkey of the Amazon basin.
25. Mild yellow Dutch cheese made in balls.
27. Low stingless nettle of Central and South America having velvety brownish-green toothed leaves and clusters of small green flowers.
29. Make high-pitched, whiney noises.
30. An early form of modern jazz (originating around 1940).
32. Towards the side away from the wind.
33. A white metallic element that burns with a brilliant light.
34. The highest level or degree attainable.
35. A young woman making her debut into society.
36. Align anew or better.
39. Yellow-fever mosquitos.
42. An inn in some Eastern countries with a large courtyard that provides accommodation for caravans.
44. A silvery ductile metallic element found primarily in bauxite.
45. Bite or chew on with the teeth.
49. Usually brightly colored zygodactyl tropical birds with short hooked beaks and the ability to mimic sounds.
51. A public promotion of some product or service.
53. (Hindu mythology) The most important of the princes in the Bhagavad-Gita to whom Krishna explains the nature of being and of God and how humans can come to know God.
54. A port city in northwestern Algeria and the country's 2nd largest city.
55. Any of several trees or shrubs of the genus Carpinus.
59. A former communist country in eastern Europe and northern Asia.
60. Informal terms for the mouth.
61. The area of the states of North Carolina and South Carolina.
62. Large brownish-green New Zealand parrot.
63. A ballistic missile that is capable of traveling from one continent to another.
65. A white or colorless vitreous insoluble solid (SiO2).
66. An assembly (including one or more judges) to conduct judicial business.
68. Metal shackles.
70. Surpassing in quality.
72. (Akkadian) God of wisdom.
73. A three-tone Chadic language.
74. A special situation.
76. Somewhat elderly.
78. A percussion instrument consisting of a pair of hollow pieces of wood or bone (usually held between the thumb and fingers) that are made to click together (as by Spanish dancers) in rhythm with the dance.
81. Soviet statesman and head of state of the USSR (1875-1946).
86. Made from residue of grapes or apples after pressing.
90. A loose sleeveless outer garment made from aba cloth.
91. Large family of important mostly marine food fishes.
94. Any of various spiny trees or shrubs of the genus Acacia.
96. Japanese ornamental tree with fragrant white or pink blossoms and small yellow fruits.
97. An ancient upright stone slab bearing markings.
98. A Chadic language spoken south of Lake Chad.
100. A kind of person.
101. A condition (mostly in boys) characterized by behavioral and learning disorders.
102. A receiver that displays television images.
103. Someone who works (or provides workers) during a strike.
104. A chronic skin disease occurring primarily in women between the ages of 20 and 40.
1. The brightest star in Cygnus.
2. A line spoken by an actor to the audience but not intended for others on the stage.
3. Cubes of meat marinated and cooked on a skewer usually with vegetables.
4. An oral poliovirus vaccine (containing live but weakened poliovirus) that is given to provide immunity to poliomyelitis.
5. A small fragment of something broken off from the whole.
6. (astronomy) An indistinct surface feature of Mars once thought to be a system of channels.
7. A yellow pungent volatile oil (trade name Agene) formerly used for bleaching and aging flour.
8. One of the three Furies.
9. Type genus of the Caricaceae.
10. A period of time equal to 1/24th of a day.
11. Largest known toad species.
12. Chiefly perennial grasses of cool temperate regions.
13. (Old Testament) The second patriarch.
14. A public meeting or assembly for open discussion.
15. A republic in southern South America on the western slopes of the Andes on the south Pacific coast.
22. Before noon.
24. City in southwestern South Korea.
26. Belonging to the modern era.
28. Offering fun and gaiety.
31. The basic unit of money in Uruguay.
37. Providing legal power or sanction.
38. Tropical American tree grown in southern United States having a whitish pink-tinged fruit.
40. An ache localized in the middle or inner ear.
41. A strong metal bar bearing a hook to attach something to be pulled.
43. Grossly offensive to decency or morality.
46. (Assyrian) God of fire and light.
47. Used in some especially older classifications.
48. Straggling shrub with narrow leaves and conspicuous red flowers in dense globular racemes.
50. Psychoactive substance present in marijuana.
52. Make or become free of frost or ice.
56. An association of countries in the western hemisphere.
57. Perennial plants resembling yucca.
58. Type genus of the Anatidae.
64. A member of the extinct Algonquian people formerly living in northern Indiana and southern Michigan.
67. Swelling from excessive accumulation of serous fluid in tissue.
69. Marked with stria or striations.
70. (astronomy) An indistinct surface feature of Mars once thought to be a system of channels.
71. A baroque musical composition (usually for a keyboard instrument) with full chords and rapid elaborate runs in a rhythmically free style.
72. Chiefly perennial grasses of cool temperate regions.
75. A prolific German composer noted for his oratorios (1685-1759).
76. A self-replicating protein molecule that occupies a fixed place on a chromosome.
77. A gonadotropic hormone that is secreted by the anterior pituitary.
79. An acute but unspecific feeling of anxiety.
80. The branch of computer science that deal with writing computer programs that can solve problems creatively.
82. In bed.
83. Set down according to a plan.
84. The syllable naming the fourth (subdominant) note of the diatonic scale in solmization.
85. United States labor organizer who ran for President as a socialist (1855-1926).
87. Harsh or corrosive in tone.
88. A small stream.
89. A block of solid substance (such as soap or wax).
92. Not in good physical or mental health.
93. Time for Earth to make a complete rotation on its axis.
95. A compartment in front of a motor vehicle where driver sits.
99. A radioactive element of the actinide series.