1. A woman religious.
4. Any of several tall tropical palms native to southeastern Asia having egg-shaped nuts.
9. According to the Old Testament he was a pagan king of Israel and husband of Jezebel (9th century BC).
13. White crystalline compound used as a food additive to enhance flavor.
16. The compass point midway between east and southeast.
17. A small Asian country high in the Himalayas between India and Tibet.
18. A Chadic language spoken south of Lake Chad.
19. South American wood sorrel cultivated for its edible tubers.
20. A living organism characterized by voluntary movement.
22. The elementary stages of any subject (usually plural).
24. An island of central Hawaii.
26. Ascribed to Orpheus or characteristic of ideas in works ascribed to Orpheus.
28. The lofty nest of a bird of prey (such as a hawk or eagle).
30. Any of numerous low-growing cushion-forming plants of the genus Draba having rosette-forming leaves and terminal racemes of small flowers with scapose or leafy stems.
31. Large herbivorous tropical American arboreal lizards with a spiny crest along the back.
33. A genus of Lamnidae.
35. Either of two folds of skin that can be moved to cover or open the eye.
38. Thoroughly acquainted with and skilled in something through study or experience.
42. Having no owner.
45. A Finnish steam bath.
46. Port city that is the capital and largest city of Latvia.
47. English monk and scholar (672-735).
49. A white metallic element that burns with a brilliant light.
50. Sound of strumming.
51. (Great Britain) Money received from the state.
52. An aggressive remark directed at a person like a missile and intended to have a telling effect.
54. 30 to 300 kilohertz.
55. A byproduct of inflammation.
56. Used of a single unit or thing.
59. A woman of refinement.
62. Formerly a contemptuous term of address to an inferior man or boy.
64. Cubes of meat marinated and cooked on a skewer usually with vegetables.
65. (law) A comprehensive term for any proceeding in a court of law whereby an individual seeks a legal remedy.
66. An international organization of European countries formed after World War II to reduce trade barriers and increase cooperation among its members.
67. (Irish) Mother of the ancient Irish gods.
72. Lacking external ears.
74. A genus of bee.
76. (Assyrian) Chief god of the Assyrians.
79. Large brownish-green New Zealand parrot.
80. Type genus of the Amiidae.
81. A Formosan language.
83. A popular island resort in the Netherlands Antilles.
87. Genus of hardy perennials with palmately lobed leaves and long racemes of small nodding five-petaled flowers.
90. Filled with the emotional impact of overwhelming surprise or shock.
92. (slang) A gangster's pistol.
93. Title for a civil or military leader (especially in Turkey).
94. A Roman Catholic priest who acts for another higher-ranking clergyman.
96. Consideration in dealing with others and avoiding giving offence.
97. Of or relating to a member of the Buddhist people inhabiting the Mekong river in Laos and Thailand.
98. Lacking in rigor or strictness.
99. A cloth having a crisscross design.
100. (of persons) Highest in rank or authority or office.
101. A belief (or system of beliefs) accepted as authoritative by some group or school.
1. (Babylonian) God of wisdom and agriculture and patron of scribes and schools.
2. A person who makes use of a thing.
3. A less than average tide occurring at the first and third quarters of the moon.
4. Any substance (as a toxin or enzyme) that stimulates the production of antibodies.
5. A rare heavy polyvalent metallic element that resembles manganese chemically and is used in some alloys.
6. A federal agency established to coordinate programs aimed at reducing pollution and protecting the environment.
7. A small tent used as a dressing room beside the sea or a swimming pool.
8. Genus of erect herbs of the Middle East having showy flowers.
9. A public promotion of some product or service.
10. Australian shrubs and small trees with evergreen usually spiny leaves and dense clusters of showy flowers.
11. The blood group whose red cells carry both the A and B antigens.
12. The condition of having no hair (especially on the top of the head).
13. An island northwest of Wales.
14. Someone who works (or provides workers) during a strike.
15. (Greek mythology) Goddess of the earth and mother of Cronus and the Titans in ancient mythology.
21. Structure consisting of a sloping way down to the water from the place where ships are built or repaired.
23. A soft silver-white or yellowish metallic element of the alkali metal group.
25. The mountain peak that Noah's ark landed on as the waters of the great flood receded.
27. Spicy fruit of the cubeb vine.
29. (anatomy) Of or relating to the ilium.
32. A unit of dry measure used in Egypt.
34. A unit of potential equal to one thousandth of a volt.
36. Of or relating to anions.
37. A lumberman who cuts logs into lengths after the trees have been felled.
39. A stopping.
40. Inability to control the flow of urine and involuntary urination.
41. A slight wetness.
43. United States writer of poems and plays about racial conflict (born in 1934).
44. Tranquilizer (trade name Dalmane) used to treat insomnia.
48. A barrier constructed to contain the flow or water or to keep out the sea.
53. Aromatic gum resin.
57. The capital and largest city of Yemen.
58. Hit hard.
60. A loose sleeveless outer garment made from aba cloth.
61. Of or relating to a directionless magnitude.
63. Of or related to genetically distinguished groups of people.
68. An Indian unit of length having different values in different localities.
69. An ability to understand a broad range of topics.
70. Sometimes placed in Smilacaceae.
71. The basic unit of money in Macao.
73. A state in northwestern North America.
75. The ending of a series or sequence.
77. A secret store of valuables or money.
78. A long noosed rope used to catch animals.
79. Large brownish-green New Zealand parrot.
82. A male monarch or emperor (especially of Russia prior to 1917).
84. Large sweet juicy hybrid between tangerine and grapefruit having a thick wrinkled skin.
85. South African term for `boss'.
86. (physics and chemistry) The smallest component of an element having the chemical properties of the element.
88. X-ray picture of the kidneys and ureters after injection of a radiopaque dye.
89. A unit of length equal to one thousandth of an inch.
91. (computer science) A coding system that incorporates extra parity bits in order to detect errors.
92. A strip of land projecting into a body of water.
95. The branch of computer science that deal with writing computer programs that can solve problems creatively.