1. A wad of something chewable as tobacco.
5. The state of owing money.
9. (Old Testament) In Judeo-Christian mythology.
13. (prefix) Coming before or being preliminary or preparatory.
16. A period of time equal to 1/24th of a day.
17. Large elliptical brightly colored deep-sea fish of Atlantic and Pacific and Mediterranean.
18. A Chadic language spoken south of Lake Chad.
19. A unit of absorbed ionizing radiation equal to 100 ergs per gram of irradiated material.
20. Register formally.
22. Prior to a specified or implied time.
24. Freed of dependence on something especially (for mammals) mother's milk.
26. A Mid-Atlantic state.
27. A historical region of Croatia on the Adriatic Sea.
29. An active volcano in southeastern Colombia in the Andes.
32. A river in north central Switzerland that runs northeast into the Rhine.
33. The yarn woven across the warp yarn in weaving.
36. Two items of the same kind.
39. Narrow-leaved green herbage.
42. An ancient city in Asia Minor that was the site of the Trojan War.
44. The highest or uppermost side of anything.
46. (Greek mythology) A maiden seduced by Zeus.
47. A highly unstable radioactive element (the heaviest of the halogen series).
48. A tranquilizer (trade name Mellaril) used to treat schizophrenia and other psychotic disorders.
49. Separated into parts or laid open or penetrated with a sharp edge or instrument.
50. Comb-plate or locomotor organ consisting of a row of strong cilia whose bases are fused.
52. (in golf) The standard number of strokes set for each hole on a golf course, or for the entire course.
53. A tricycle (usually propelled by pedalling).
55. The basic unit of money in Peru.
56. Of or relating to or characteristic of Ireland or its people.
58. A port city in southwestern Iran.
59. A villainous Jew in Charles Dickens' novel "Oliver Twist".
60. Language expressed by visible hand gestures.
62. Small ornamental ladies' bag for small articles.
63. The most common computer memory which can be used by programs to perform necessary tasks while the computer is on.
64. (astronomy) The angular distance of a celestial point measured westward along the celestial equator from the zenith crossing.
65. (in Gnosticism) A divine power or nature emanating from the Supreme Being and playing various roles in the operation of the universe.
68. A radioactive transuranic element produced by bombarding plutonium with neutrons.
73. King of Saudi Arabia since 1982 (born in 1922).
76. One who is playfully mischievous.
78. A South American shrub whose leaves are chewed by natives of the Andes.
80. A hard ferromagnetic silver-white bivalent or trivalent metallic element.
82. Belonging to or befitting a supreme ruler.
84. United States writer noted for his droll epigrams (1902-1971).
88. Plants closely allied to the genera Satureja and Calamintha.
90. Indigo bush.
91. A Chadic language spoken in northern Nigeria.
92. A Chadic language spoken south of Lake Chad.
94. Wading birds of warm regions having long slender down-curved bills.
96. Electronic warfare undertaken to insure effective friendly use of the electromagnetic spectrum in spite of the enemy's use of electronic warfare.
97. The compass point midway between east and southeast.
98. (informal) Exceptionally good.
99. (of a young animal) Abandoned by its mother and raised by hand.
100. The specified day of the month.
1. A wad of something chewable as tobacco.
2. A whetstone made of fine gritstone.
3. A sensation (as of a cold breeze or bright light) that precedes the onset of certain disorders such as a migraine attack or epileptic seizure.
4. Having no legally established claim.
5. An uproarious party.
6. A federal agency established to coordinate programs aimed at reducing pollution and protecting the environment.
7. (Norse mythology) God of light and peace and noted for his beauty and sweet nature.
8. Informal terms for clothing.
9. (Babylonian) God of storms and wind.
10. An informal term for a father.
11. A promontory in northern Morocco opposite the Rock of Gibraltar.
12. Informal terms for a mother.
13. Any tropical African shrub of the genus Protea having alternate rigid leaves and dense colorful flower heads resembling cones.
14. (the feminine of raja) A Hindu princess or the wife of a raja.
15. Tropical starchy tuberous root.
21. A unit of length of thread or yarn.
23. 1 species.
25. A metric unit of volume equal to one tenth of a liter.
28. Possessing or using or characteristic of or appropriate to supernatural powers.
30. Equipment and supplies of a military force.
31. The act of killing yourself.
34. Large genus of Australian evergreen shrubs or small trees with large daisylike flowers.
35. Rig used in drilling for oil or gas.
37. Possessing an education (especially having more than average knowledge).
38. An acute and serious infection of the central nervous system caused by bacterial infection of open wounds.
40. City in the northern Dominican Republic.
41. United States civil engineer noted for designing suspension bridges (including the George Washington Bridge) (1886-1960).
43. A Bantu language.
45. One of the common people.
51. A postulated biochemical change (presumably in neural tissue) that represents a memory.
54. An official prosecutor for a judicial district.
57. A figure of a person made of packed snow.
61. Tag the base runner to get him out.
66. A member of the Siouan people living in the Yazoo river valley in Mississippi.
67. The iridescent internal layer of a mollusk shell.
69. The Tibeto-Burman language spoken in the Dali region of Yunnan.
70. Dyed with henna.
71. A river in eastern Texas that flows south into the Gulf of Mexico.
72. Great coolness and composure under strain.
74. Relating to of containing or affecting blood.
75. A metric unit of volume or capacity equal to 10 liters.
77. Coconut palms.
78. An intensely radioactive metallic element that occurs in minute amounts in uranium ores.
79. Well grounded in logic or truth or having legal force.
81. A male monarch or emperor (especially of Russia prior to 1917).
83. An amino acid that is found in the central nervous system.
85. Type genus of the Alcidae comprising solely the razorbill.
86. A subdivision of a larger religious group.
87. Stable gear consisting of either of two curved supports that are attached to the collar of a draft horse and that hold the traces.
89. An ugly evil-looking old woman.
93. The syllable naming the fourth (subdominant) note of the diatonic scale in solmization.
95. A toxic nonmetallic element related to sulfur and tellurium.