1. A caustic detergent useful for removing grease.
4. Informal language consisting of words and expressions that are not considered appropriate for formal occasions.
9. A small lake.
13. (computer science) The rate at which data is transferred (as by a modem).
16. A federation of North American industrial unions that merged with the American Federation of Labor in 1955.
17. A Chadic language spoken south of Lake Chad.
18. The sixth month of the civil year.
19. Informal abbreviation of `representative'.
20. Away from the mouth or oral region.
22. A fine grained mineral having a soft soapy feel and consisting of hydrated magnesium silicate.
24. The basic unit of money in Macao.
26. Generator consisting of a coil (the armature) that rotates between the poles of an electromagnet (the field magnet) causing a current to flow in the armature.
27. (trademark) An alloy of iron and nickel having a low coefficient of thermal expansion.
29. A roll of tobacco for smoking.
30. A branch of the Tai languages.
31. A cushion on a throne for a prince in India.
33. A Loloish language.
35. A colorless odorless gaseous element that give a red glow in a vacuum tube.
36. A state in New England.
37. A silvery ductile metallic element found primarily in bauxite.
38. The branch of computer science that deal with writing computer programs that can solve problems creatively.
39. A short crowbar.
41. A colorless and odorless inert gas.
43. A tricycle (usually propelled by pedalling).
46. An association of people to promote the welfare of senior citizens.
49. A hidden storage space (for money or provisions or weapons).
51. (astronomy) The angular distance of a celestial point measured westward along the celestial equator from the zenith crossing.
52. A building where animals are butchered.
53. Fossil fuel consisting of carbonized vegetable matter deposited in the Carboniferous period.
57. North American republic containing 50 states - 48 conterminous states in North America plus Alaska in northwest North America and the Hawaiian Islands in the Pacific Ocean.
58. United States writer of humorous stylized stories about Broadway and the New York underground (1884-1946).
60. Of or relating to or living in actively moving water.
64. Large northern deer with enormous flattened antlers in the male.
65. Date used in reckoning dates before the supposed year Christ was born.
66. A resort city in southern Ukraine on the Black Sea.
67. A feeling of strong eagerness (usually in favor of a person or cause).
68. Bound or secured closely.
70. A midwestern state in north central United States in the Great Lakes region.
71. A river that rises in central Germany and flows north to join the Elbe River.
73. A shop selling delicatessen (as salads or cooked meats).
74. Gained or acquired.
78. The branch of engineering science that studies the uses of electricity and the equipment for power generation and distribution and the control of machines and communication.
79. Water frozen in the solid state.
80. A brittle silver-white metalloid element that is related to selenium and sulfur.
81. Cheap showy jewelry or ornament or clothing.
83. Ratio of the hypotenuse to the opposite side.
89. A Hindu prince or king in India.
92. A city in northwestern Syria.
96. 4-wheeled motor vehicle.
97. An elaborate party (often outdoors).
98. A French abbot.
99. (usually followed by `to') Having the necessary means or skill or know-how or authority to do something.
100. An independent agency of the United States government responsible for collecting and coordinating intelligence and counterintelligence activities abroad in the national interest.
101. Of a temperature scale that registers the freezing point of water as 32 degrees F and the boiling point as 212 degrees F at one atmosphere of pressure.
102. A member of an American Indian people of Yucatan and Belize and Guatemala who once had a culture characterized by outstanding architecture and pottery and astronomy.
103. Common Indian weaverbird.
104. A white linen liturgical vestment with sleeves.
105. (Akkadian) God of wisdom.
1. A large number or amount.
2. A military dictatorship in North Africa on the Mediterranean.
3. Comparatives of `soon' or `early'.
4. (trademark) A tinned luncheon meat made largely from pork.
5. A lake in northwestern Russia north of St. Petersburg.
6. The blood group whose red cells carry both the A and B antigens.
7. Bright with a steady but subdued shining.
8. The father of your father or mother.
9. Large burrowing rodent of South and Central America.
10. A doctor's degree in optometry.
11. A period of time spent sleeping.
12. A unit of apothecary weight equal to an eighth of an ounce or to 60 grains.
13. (informal) Exceptionally good.
14. Wood of a pecan tree.
15. Thin and fit.
21. In a rakish manner.
23. Being eight more than fifty.
25. (Akkadian) Mother of the gods and consort of Apsu.
28. The seventh month of the Moslem calendar.
32. First in order of importance.
34. Cubes of meat marinated and cooked on a skewer usually with vegetables.
40. The capital of Cameroon.
42. Genus of low-growing mat-forming New Zealand plants.
44. At or near the beginning of a period of time or course of events or before the usual or expected time.
45. (biology) Being abruptly enlarged and globose at the tip n.
47. Minced cooked meat or fish coated in egg and breadcrumbs and fried in deep fat.
48. A treeless grassy plain.
50. An ulceration (especially of the lips or living of the mouth) v 1.
54. Convert ordinary language into code.
55. Any of various perennial South American plants of the genus Loasa having stinging hairs and showy white or yellow or reddish-orange flowers.
56. State capital and largest city of Georgia.
59. A Russian river.
61. City in southwestern Colombia in a rich agricultural area.
62. Informal terms for a mother.
63. A feeling of strong eagerness (usually in favor of a person or cause).
69. A river that rises in Russia near Smolensk and flowing south through Belarus and Ukraine to empty into the Black Sea.
70. (trademark) A tinned luncheon meat made largely from pork.
72. With eagerness.
73. A unit of apothecary weight equal to an eighth of an ounce or to 60 grains.
75. (computer science) A coding system that incorporates extra parity bits in order to detect errors.
76. Covered with scabs.
77. A rare silvery (usually trivalent) metallic element.
82. The capital and largest city of Bangladesh.
83. Airtight sealed metal container for food or drink or paint etc..
84. Evergreen trees and shrubs having oily one-seeded fruits.
85. (Old Testament) Third son of Adam.
86. An amino acid that is found in the central nervous system.
87. (Greek mythology) Goddess of the earth and mother of Cronus and the Titans in ancient mythology.
88. A small cake leavened with yeast.
90. A correctional institution used to detain persons who are in the lawful custody of the government (either accused persons awaiting trial or convicted persons serving a sentence).
91. An Arabic speaking person who lives in Arabia or North Africa.
93. A barrier constructed to contain the flow or water or to keep out the sea.
94. A compartment in front of a motor vehicle where driver sits.
95. Large brownish-green New Zealand parrot.