1. A river that rises in northeastern Turkey (near the source of the Euphrates) and flows generally eastward through Armenia to the Caspian Sea.
5. South American armadillo with three bands of bony plates.
9. Large burrowing rodent of South and Central America.
13. Aromatic bulb used as seasoning.
16. Being nothing more than specified.
17. A small cake leavened with yeast.
18. A human female who does housework.
19. Aircraft landing in bad weather in which the pilot is talked down by ground control using precision approach radar.
20. (medicine) Having or experiencing a rapid onset and short but severe course.
22. A Hindu theistic philosophy.
24. Feeling or caused to feel uneasy and self-conscious.
26. Light foamy custard-like dessert served hot or chilled.
28. English writer and a central member of the Fabian Society (1858-1943).
30. (of a young animal) Abandoned by its mother and raised by hand.
31. A cut of pork ribs with much of the meat trimmed off.
33. A silvery ductile metallic element found primarily in bauxite.
34. A loose sleeveless outer garment made from aba cloth.
36. Tropical American tree grown in southern United States having a whitish pink-tinged fruit.
37. A state in New England.
38. Give a spanking to.
42. (archaic) Strict and severe.
45. A member of an agricultural people in southeastern India.
48. An inflammatory complication of leprosy that results in painful skin lesions on the arms and legs and face.
49. A plant hormone promoting elongation of stems and roots.
50. A young woman making her debut into society.
54. Primitive chlorophyll-containing mainly aquatic eukaryotic organisms lacking true stems and roots and leaves.
56. A coffee cake flavored with orange rind and raisins and almonds.
60. A state in northwestern United States on the Pacific.
61. Mark with spots or blotches of different color or shades of color as if stained.
64. A long noosed rope used to catch animals.
66. Lower in esteem.
67. (electronics) Of a circuit or device having an output that is proportional to the input.
68. One of the often brightly colored and branching hornlike structures on the back of the nudibranch (and other related mollusks) that serve as gills.
69. The mansion of the lord of the manor.
70. Be in contradiction with.
71. A form of address for a married woman.
72. Informal terms for a mother.
73. A ductile silvery-white ductile ferromagnetic trivalent metallic element of the rare earth group.
74. A member of the lowest or worker Hindu caste.
77. (computer science) A coding system that incorporates extra parity bits in order to detect errors.
82. A hard gray lustrous metallic element that is highly corrosion-resistant.
83. Muslims collectively and their civilization.
87. Primitive chlorophyll-containing mainly aquatic eukaryotic organisms lacking true stems and roots and leaves.
90. The median ridge on the breastbone of birds that fly.
93. A sheet or band of fibrous connective tissue separating or binding together muscles and organs etc.
94. The cry made by sheep.
95. A defeat of the Persian army by the Greeks in 479 BC.
99. Electronic warfare undertaken to prevent or reduce an enemy's effective use of the electromagnetic spectrum.
100. A noisemaker (as at parties or games) that makes a loud noise when you blow through it.
101. A city in northern India.
103. The central area of a church.
104. A unit of length of thread or yarn.
105. The capital of Western Samoa.
106. Informal or slang terms for mentally irregular.
107. Type genus of the Aceraceae.
1. Collect or gather.
2. A summary that repeats the substance of a longer discussion.
3. A popular island resort in the Netherlands Antilles.
4. Annual or perennial grasses of warm regions.
5. The blood group whose red cells carry both the A and B antigens.
6. A heathen (especially a Muslim).
7. A dark-skinned member of a race of people living in Australia when Europeans arrived.
8. A small piece of cloth.
9. A small digital computer based on a microprocessor and designed to be used by one person at a time.
10. According to the Old Testament he was a pagan king of Israel and husband of Jezebel (9th century BC).
11. An esoteric or occult matter that is traditionally secret.
12. A constellation in the southern hemisphere near Telescopium and Norma.
13. Title for a civil or military leader (especially in Turkey).
14. Made agreeably cold (especially by ice).
15. Remove with or as if with a ladle.
21. Either of two folds of skin that can be moved to cover or open the eye.
23. A grant made by a law court.
25. A mark left by the healing of injured tissue.
27. Talk pompously.
29. English essayist (1775-1834).
32. A flexible container with a single opening.
35. A soft silvery metallic element of the alkali earth group.
39. 40th President of the United States (1911- ).
40. Relieve oneself of troubling information.
41. A deciduous tree of the family Ulmaceae that grows in the southeastern United States.
43. Of animals.
44. Disparaging terms for the common people.
46. American dramatist (1928- ).
47. Date used in reckoning dates before the supposed year Christ was born.
51. A small pellet fired from an air rifle or BB gun.
52. The biblical name for ancient Syria.
53. Cubes of meat marinated and cooked on a skewer usually with vegetables.
55. State capital and largest city of Georgia.
57. (architecture) Forming or resembling an arch.
58. (Hinduism and Buddhism) The effects of a person's actions that determine his destiny in his next incarnation.
59. Essential oil or perfume obtained from flowers.
62. (often followed by `of') A large number or amount or extent.
63. Eliminate from the body.
65. Place a value on.
75. Medium-sized tree-dwelling monkey of the Amazon basin.
76. Fertility goddess in ancient Greek mythology.
78. Being ten more than one hundred forty.
79. A small restaurant where drinks and snacks are sold.
80. A narrow zigzag ribbon used as trimming.
81. Small terrestrial lizard of warm regions of the Old World.
84. Hardened sugary exudation of various trees.
85. A strainer for separating lumps from powdered material or grading particles.
86. An official who carries a mace of office.
88. A cord that is drawn through eyelets or around hooks in order to draw together two edges (as of a shoe or garment).
89. An ancient Hebrew unit of dry measure equal to about a bushel.
91. An inactive volcano in Sicily.
92. A soft heavy toxic malleable metallic element.
96. Cut off from a whole.
97. Title for a civil or military leader (especially in Turkey).
98. Tastelessness by virtue of being cheap and vulgar.
102. A substance produced by the hypothalamus that is capable of accelerating the secretion of a given hormone by the anterior pituitary gland.
103. A white soft metallic element that tarnishes readily.