1. (informal) `johnny' was applied as a nickname for Confederate soldiers by the Federal soldiers in the American Civil War.
4. The compass point that is one point south of southeast.
8. (Scotland) A slope or hillside.
12. Someone who works (or provides workers) during a strike.
16. A period marked by distinctive character or reckoned from a fixed point or event.
17. A woman hired to suckle a child of someone else.
18. Rock that in its molten form (as magma) issues from volcanos.
19. The villain in William Shakespeare's tragedy who tricked Othello into murdering his wife.
20. Aromatic bulb used as seasoning.
21. A three-dimensional shape with six square or rectangular sides.
22. Slightly open.
23. United States actor (born in Ireland).
24. Red Bordeaux wine from the Medoc district of southwestern France.
26. The quarter of many North African cities in which the citadel is located.
29. Long pinkish sour leafstalks usually eaten cooked and sweetened.
31. Divided into two lobes.
33. A silvery ductile metallic element found primarily in bauxite.
35. A kind of person.
37. Mild yellow Dutch cheese made in balls.
38. Small and elegant.
43. Deeply moved.
46. A white trivalent metallic element.
47. Out of bed.
49. A copy of a written work or composition that has been published (printed on pages bound together).
50. A chronic inflammatory collagen disease affecting connective tissue (skin or joints).
51. Tall annual cereal grass bearing kernels on large ears.
53. Conspicuously and offensively loud.
55. Enthusiastic approval.
58. A self-funded retirement plan that allows you to contribute a limited yearly sum toward your retirement.
59. Having great power or force or potency or effect.
61. Profane or obscene expression usually of surprise or anger.
62. Having a specified size.
65. An associate degree in nursing.
66. Liveliness and eagerness.
68. Used of locations.
69. A Bantu language spoken by the Kamba people in Kenya.
71. A mountain range in South America running 5000 miles along the Pacific coast.
72. Yellow-fever mosquitos.
75. Genus of tropical hardwood timber trees.
81. An upper floor projecting from the rear over the main floor in an auditorium.
84. An organization of countries formed in 1961 to agree on a common policy for the sale of petroleum.
86. A submachine gun operated by gas pressure.
87. (used of metals) Debased by mixture with an inferior element.
90. A religious belief of African origin involving witchcraft and sorcery.
91. A hospital unit staffed and equipped to provide intensive care.
92. With the mouth wide open as in wonder or awe.
94. Made agreeably cold (especially by ice).
95. A member of a Mayan people of southwestern Guatemala.
96. Someone who is morally reprehensible.
97. Genus of western United States annuals with showy yellow or white flowers.
98. Relating to or characteristic of or occurring on land.
99. A loose sleeveless outer garment made from aba cloth.
1. A large quantity of written matter.
2. A member of an Iroquoian people formerly living on the south shore of Lake Erie in northern Ohio and northwest Pennsylvania and western New York.
3. (Norse mythology) God of light and peace and noted for his beauty and sweet nature.
4. A small sc or pouch (especially the smaller chamber of the membranous labyrinth).
5. Any of various systems of units for measuring electricity and magnetism.
6. A coffee cake flavored with orange rind and raisins and almonds.
7. (physics) A deformation of an object in which parallel planes remain parallel but are shifted in a direction parallel to themselves.
8. Divulge information or secrets.
9. The seventh month of the Moslem calendar.
10. A genus of Indriidae.
11. The sense organ for hearing and equilibrium.
12. (law) A courtroom conference between the lawyers and the judge in a trial that is held out of the jury's hearing.
13. Type genus of the Cariamidae comprising only the crested cariama.
14. An active and efficient cause.
15. Haul with a tackle.
25. A resident of Ohio.
27. A metallic element having four allotropic forms.
28. (British) A linear measure of 16.5 feet.
30. A radioactive transuranic element.
32. An accidental hole that allows something (fluid or light etc.) to enter or escape.
34. Deep-rooted coarse-textured plant native to the Mediterranean region having blue flowers and pinnately compound leaves.
36. An imaginary elephant that appears in a series of French books for children.
39. Small drought-resistant sorghums having large yellow or whitish grains.
40. Of or relating to the peoples who speak the language of the Arawak.
41. An informal conversation.
42. Cosmopolitan herbs especially southern hemisphere.
44. A river in Nebraska that flows eastward to become a tributary of the Missouri River.
45. (Greek mythology) A Titaness and sea goddess.
48. A protocol developed for the internet to get data from one network device to another.
52. Torn down and broken up.
54. A social unit living together.
56. The hard cylindrical core that bears the kernels of an ear of corn.
57. Set down according to a plan.
60. A white soft metallic element that tarnishes readily.
63. Romanian violinist and composer (1881-1955).
64. Showing lack of love for your country.
67. A heavy open wagon usually having two wheels and drawn by an animal.
70. The sound made by a cat (or any sound resembling this).
73. An internationally recognized distress signal via radiotelephone (from the French m'aider).
74. A city in western Germany near the Dutch and Belgian borders.
76. Lake in northwestern Russia near the border with Finland.
77. Joint capital (with Riyadh) of Saudi Arabia.
78. Any property detected by the olfactory system.
79. Cubes of meat marinated and cooked on a skewer usually with vegetables.
80. (Jungian psychology) The inner self (not the external persona) that is in touch with the unconscious.
82. Type genus of the Alcidae comprising solely the razorbill.
83. (Welsh) A warrior god.
85. A roughly cylindrical that is vessel open at the top.
86. An expression of greeting.
88. Large brownish-green New Zealand parrot.
89. A condition (mostly in boys) characterized by behavioral and learning disorders.
90. A room or establishment where alcoholic drinks are served over a counter.
93. The ratio of the circumference to the diameter of a circle.