1. An ester of adenosine that is converted to ATP for energy storage.
4. Alert agile lizard with reduced limbs and an elongated body covered with shiny scales.
9. Not reflecting light.
13. The syllable naming the first (tonic) note of any major scale in solmization.
16. A toilet in England.
17. A republic in eastern Africa.
18. Largest known toad species.
19. Any of various primates with short tails or no tail at all.
20. A milk substitute containing soybean flour and water.
22. A spirit believed by Muslims to inhabit the earth and influence mankind by appearing in the form of humans or animals.
24. Goddess of the dead and queen of the underworld.
25. A slender double-reed instrument.
26. Any of various butterflies of the family Lycaenidae.
29. Beyond what is natural.
31. A set of related records (either written or electronic) kept together.
32. A unit of absorbed ionizing radiation equal to 100 ergs per gram of irradiated material.
34. An informal term for a father.
36. An ugly evil-looking old woman.
41. Border consisting of anything placed on the edge to finish something (such as a fringe on clothing or on a rug).
46. Relating to or having the characteristics of bees.
47. United States industrialist who manufactured plows suitable for working the prairie soil (1804-1886).
49. A musical form that is often the last movement of a sonata.
50. Antibacterial drug (trade name Nydrazid) used to treat tuberculosis.
52. Having its true character concealed with the intent of misleading.
53. Solid swollen underground bulb-shaped stem or stem base and serving as a reproductive structure.
55. Any of several related languages of the Celts in Ireland and Scotland.
56. A hemoprotein composed of globin and heme that gives red blood cells their characteristic color.
58. (used informally) Very small.
59. Only the bowfins.
63. The habitation of wild animals.
64. Capital and largest city of Iraq.
68. A Mid-Atlantic state.
69. Any member of a Siouan people speaking one of the Dhegiha languages.
71. Rock that in its molten form (as magma) issues from volcanos.
72. A Loloish language.
75. Shrub bearing oval-fruited kumquats.
77. Moderate or restrain.
81. African mahogany trees.
83. Lower in esteem.
85. Chief god.
86. Black-and-white short-necked web-footed diving bird of northern seas.
87. A flat-bottomed volcanic crater that was formed by an explosion.
90. A Chadic language spoken in northern Nigeria.
92. Designer drug designed to have the effects of amphetamines (it floods the brain with serotonin) but to avoid the drug laws.
93. Any of numerous hairy-bodied insects including social and solitary species.
94. A river in central Europe that arises in northwestern Czechoslovakia and flows northward through Germany to empty into the North Sea.
95. Set down according to a plan.
96. Anything that serves as an enticement.
97. (Irish) Mother of the ancient Irish gods.
98. Clean or orderly.
99. (prefix) Outside or outer.
100. A shaft on which a wheel rotates.
1. In addition.
2. Trailing grass native to Europe now cosmopolitan in warm regions.
3. Argentine armadillo with six movable bands and hairy underparts.
4. Narrow wood or metal or plastic runners used for gliding over snow.
5. United States food manufacturer who (with his brother) developed a breakfast cereal of crisp flakes of rolled and toasted wheat and corn.
6. Of the color of black ink.
7. A Mid-Atlantic state.
8. A family of Sino-Tibetan languages spoken in southeastern Asia.
9. A state in New England.
10. God of fire.
11. A vast treeless plain in the arctic regions between the ice cap and the tree line.
12. Of or relating to or characteristic of Thailand of its people.
13. Tropical woody herb with showy yellow flowers and flat pods.
14. An organization of countries formed in 1961 to agree on a common policy for the sale of petroleum.
15. Goddess of the dead and queen of the underworld.
21. A tall upright megalith.
23. A loose cloak with a hood.
27. A radioactive transuranic element.
28. Composed of animal fat.
30. A stick that people can lean on to help them walk.
33. The mountain peak that Noah's ark landed on as the waters of the great flood receded.
35. A benign epithelial tumor of glandular origin.
37. The cry made by sheep.
38. Connected by a link, as railway cars or trailer trucks.
39. Filled with a great quantity.
40. Capable of relieving pain.
42. Baseball player with the New York Yankees.
43. Weapons considered collectively.
44. Willing to face danger.
45. An unpredictable outcome that is unfortunate.
48. A river in north central Switzerland that runs northeast into the Rhine.
51. Darkened with overcast.
54. The middle of the day.
57. Any of numerous local fertility and nature deities worshipped by ancient Semitic peoples.
60. The longer of the two telegraphic signals used in Morse code.
61. Deserving blame or censure as being wrong or evil or injurious.
62. Someone who works (or provides workers) during a strike.
65. Finely ground tobacco wrapped in paper.
66. According to the Old Testament he was a pagan king of Israel and husband of Jezebel (9th century BC).
67. Alternatively, a member of the family Nymphaeaceae.
68. Tropical woody herb with showy yellow flowers and flat pods.
70. A rare silvery (usually trivalent) metallic element.
73. A branch of the Tai languages.
74. Australian shrubs and small trees with evergreen usually spiny leaves and dense clusters of showy flowers.
76. (Old Testament) The second patriarch.
77. A hard malleable ductile silvery metallic element that is resistant to corrosion.
78. Large antelope with lightly spiraled horns of desert regions of North Africa.
79. Of or relating to a speaker of the Tamil language or the language itself.
80. Related on the mother's side.
82. A primeval personification of air and breath.
84. Make editorial changes (in a text).
88. Fermented alcoholic beverage similar to but heavier than beer.
89. A loose sleeveless outer garment made from aba cloth.
91. The capital and largest city of Japan.