1. A defensive missile designed to shoot down incoming intercontinental ballistic missiles.
4. United States writer (born in Poland) who wrote in Yiddish (1880-1957).
8. Hinge joint in the human leg connecting the tibia and fibula with the femur and protected in front by the patella.
12. South African prelate and leader of the antiapartheid struggle (born in 1931).
16. An anxiety disorder characterized by chronic free-floating anxiety and such symptoms as tension or sweating or trembling of light-headedness or irritability etc that has lasted for more than six months.
17. Type genus of the Pipidae.
18. A swift whirling motion (usually of a missile).
19. (legal terminology) The Latin word for wife.
20. Thigh of a hog (usually smoked).
21. Group of people related by blood or marriage.
22. (computer science) A kind of computer architecture that has a relatively small set of computer instructions that it can perform.
23. A strong cord v 1.
24. By bad luck.
26. An honorary degree in science.
28. A region of southern Italy (forming the toe of the Italian `boot').
30. Committee formed by a special-interest group to raise money for their favorite political candidates.
32. A metric unit of length equal to one thousandth of a meter.
34. A river in southeastern Australia that flows generally northwest to join the Darling River.
35. A tricycle (usually propelled by pedalling).
39. Consisting of or made of wood of the oak tree.
41. Mar or spoil the appearance of.
44. Essential oil or perfume obtained from flowers.
45. Pertaining to or associated with agony (especially death agonies).
48. A pale rose-colored variety of the ruby spinel.
49. Stalk of a moss capsule.
50. Enacted by a legislative body.
51. An associate degree in nursing.
52. The local time at the 0 meridian passing through Greenwich, England.
53. A note that alternates rapidly with another note a semitone above it.
55. Used of persons.
58. A hotel providing overnight lodging for travelers.
59. The branch of engineering science that studies the uses of electricity and the equipment for power generation and distribution and the control of machines and communication.
61. Remove with or as if with a ladle.
63. Dried bark of various magnolias.
66. A committee in the executive branch of government that advises the president on foreign and military and national security.
67. A standard or model or pattern regarded as typical.
68. Angular distance above the horizon (especially of a celestial object).
69. Capital and largest city of Iraq.
72. A male child (a familiar term of address to a boy).
75. The square of a body of any size of type.
76. A Kwa language spoken by the Yoruba people in southwestern Nigeria.
77. United by being of the same opinion.
78. Title for the former hereditary monarch of Iran.
80. A small cake leavened with yeast.
82. The United Nations agency concerned with atomic energy.
83. A Uralic language spoken by a Samoyed people of northern Siberia.
86. Small tree of dry open parts of southern Africa having erect angled branches suggesting candelabra.
91. Of or relating to the peoples who speak the language of the Arawak.
93. (Judaism) Sacred chest where the ancient Hebrews kept the two tablets containing the Ten Commandments.
96. Fish eggs or egg-filled ovary.
97. Cubes of meat marinated and cooked on a skewer usually with vegetables.
99. An Arabic speaking person who lives in Arabia or North Africa.
101. 100 fen equal 1 yuan.
102. A federal agency established to regulate the release of new foods and health-related products.
103. Small terrestrial lizard of warm regions of the Old World.
104. An informal term for a father.
105. A condition (mostly in boys) characterized by behavioral and learning disorders.
1. Title for a civil or military leader (especially in Turkey).
2. Any of numerous local fertility and nature deities worshipped by ancient Semitic peoples.
3. Designer drug designed to have the effects of amphetamines (it floods the brain with serotonin) but to avoid the drug laws.
4. A drug combination found in some over-the-counter headache remedies (Aspirin and Phenacetin and Caffeine).
5. A white or colorless vitreous insoluble solid (SiO2).
6. An accountant certified by the state.
7. The (prehensile) extremity of the superior limb.
8. A change in the electrical properties of the skin in response to stress or anxiety.
9. Surpassing the ordinary especially in size or scale.
10. The seventh month of the civil year.
11. Having removed clothing.
12. Jet engine in which a turbine drives air to the burner.
13. Of or befitting or characteristic of a wife.
14. A light-weight hat worn in tropical countries for protection from the sun.
15. The chief solid component of mammalian urine.
25. In the shape of a coil.
27. Having a surface free from roughness or bumps or ridges or irregularities.
29. Naked freshwater or marine or parasitic protozoa that form temporary pseudopods for feeding and locomotion.
31. A radioactive element of the actinide series.
33. Of or relating to the hands.
36. Continuing forever or indefinitely.
37. Use of chemical analysis to estimate the age of geological specimens.
38. A Chadic language spoken south of Lake Chad.
40. The capital and largest city of Nepal.
42. Light informal conversation for social occasions.
43. Having an illustrious reputation.
46. Talks a great deal about uninteresting topics.
47. A city on the River Aire in West Yorkshire in northern England.
54. A zodiacal constellation in northern hemisphere between Cancer and Virgo.
56. Recite in elocution.
57. Submerged freshwater perennials.
60. A river in central Europe that arises in northwestern Czechoslovakia and flows northward through Germany to empty into the North Sea.
62. A bee that is a a member of the genus Andrena.
64. A son of your brother or sister.
65. A metrical unit with unstressed-stressed syllables.
70. A Chadic language spoken south of Lake Chad.
71. Jordan's port.
73. Title for a civil or military leader (especially in Turkey).
74. Fairly small terrestrial ferns of tropical America.
79. King of Judea who (according to the New Testament) tried to kill Jesus by ordering the death of all children under age two in Bethlehem (73-4 BC).
80. Informal terms for a mother.
81. A communist state in Indochina on the South China Sea.
84. The basic unit of money in Bangladesh.
85. A brace that extends from the rear of the keel to support the rudderpost.
87. Toward the mouth or oral region.
88. Long green edible beaked pods of the okra plant.
89. In bed.
90. An unofficial association of people or groups.
92. A loose sleeveless outer garment made from aba cloth.
94. A master's degree in business.
95. A master's degree in fine arts.
98. A soft silvery metallic element of the alkali earth group.
100. A public promotion of some product or service.