1. Tag the base runner to get him out.
4. (in music) Much.
9. An amino acid that is found in the central nervous system.
13. A mature blood cell that contains hemoglobin to carry oxygen to the bodily tissues.
16. The 7th letter of the Greek alphabet.
17. Make improvements or corrections to.
18. (Babylonian) God of storms and wind.
19. 10 hao equal 1 dong.
20. The cry made by sheep.
21. Marked by refinement in taste and manners.
23. Elliptical use of "depend on".
25. A city on the Loire river in north central France.
27. Open-heart surgery in which the rib cage is opened and a section of a blood vessel is grafted from the aorta to the coronary artery to bypass the blocked section of the coronary artery and improve the blood supply to the heart.
29. A feeling of intense anger.
30. In or of the month preceding the present one.
32. Make anew.
33. Rhizomatous perennial grasslike herbs.
36. Relating to or near the ulna.
39. Owed and payable immediately or on demand.
43. (Akkadian) God of wisdom.
44. Feeling a need to see others suffer.
46. Remove completely from recognition or memory.
47. The 1st letter of the Hebrew alphabet.
49. A bar of sand.
51. The twelfth month of the civil year.
52. Not widely known.
53. An antidepressant drug that acts by blocking the reuptake of serotonin so that more serotonin is available to act on receptors in the brain.
54. Angular distance above the horizon (especially of a celestial object).
56. A religious belief of African origin involving witchcraft and sorcery.
58. God of fire.
60. (computer science) A coding system that incorporates extra parity bits in order to detect errors.
61. Fasten by sewing.
62. An indehiscent fruit derived from a single ovary having one or many seeds within a fleshy wall or pericarp.
64. Jutting or overhanging.
66. A republic in West Africa on the Gulf of Guinea.
68. (Old Testament) The second patriarch.
69. A period of time containing 365 (or 366) days.
70. The branch of engineering science that studies the uses of electricity and the equipment for power generation and distribution and the control of machines and communication.
71. A heavy brittle metallic element of the platinum group.
72. A state in New England.
79. A particular environment or walk of life.
83. Cubes of meat marinated and cooked on a skewer usually with vegetables.
85. In place of, or as an alternative to.
87. The persistence of a sound after its source has stopped.
90. South American armadillo with three bands of bony plates.
92. According to the Old Testament he was a pagan king of Israel and husband of Jezebel (9th century BC).
93. (prefix) Bad or erroneous or lack of.
95. An ancient Assyrian city on the River Tigris and traditional capital of Assyria.
97. The second larges of the four main islands of Japan.
98. (informal) Of the highest quality.
99. Rock star and drummer for the Beatles (born in 1940).
100. Device for converting sound waves into electrical energy.
101. (meaning literally `born') Used to indicate the maiden or family name of a married woman.
102. A colorless and odorless inert gas.
1. (Babylonian) God of wisdom and agriculture and patron of scribes and schools.
2. Essential oil or perfume obtained from flowers.
3. Any of numerous local fertility and nature deities worshipped by ancient Semitic peoples.
4. A medium for oil-paints.
5. A fold of peritoneum supporting the viscera.
6. A transparent optical device used to converge or diverge transmitted light and to form images.
7. Explosive consisting of a yellow crystalline compound that is a flammable toxic derivative of toluene.
8. A lyric poem with complex stanza forms.
9. Offering fun and gaiety.
10. A public promotion of some product or service.
11. Someone who tries to embarrass you with gibes and questions and objections.
12. A sweetened beverage of diluted fruit juice.
13. Fertility goddess in ancient Greek mythology.
14. A vigorous blow.
15. A set of rules or principles or laws especially written ones.
22. An international organization of European countries formed after World War II to reduce trade barriers and increase cooperation among its members.
24. Treated so as to become resistant.
26. The 2nd smallest continent (actually a vast peninsula of Eurasia).
28. An undergarment worn by women to support their breasts.
31. A bitter alkaloid extracted from chinchona bark.
34. Round gourd of the calabash tree.
35. Large South African antelope.
37. A digital display that uses liquid crystal cells that change reflectivity in an applied electric field.
38. The compass point that is one point east of northeast.
40. Polish labor leader and statesman (born in 1943).
41. Concerned with promoting unity among churches or religions.
42. A river that rises in the Catskills in southeastern New York and flows southward along the border of Pennsylvania with New York and New Jersey to northern Delaware where it empties into Delaware Bay.
45. Large or big relative to something else.
48. Any plant of the genus Erica.
50. On or toward the lee.
55. A graphical recording of the cardiac cycle produced by an electrocardiograph.
57. Resinlike substance secreted by certain lac insects.
59. To say or state again.
63. Conqueror of Gaul and master of Italy (100-44 BC).
65. A unit of length of thread or yarn.
67. Small genus of erect balsam-scented herbs.
73. A rare silvery (usually trivalent) metallic element.
74. (Babylonian) Father of the gods.
75. Tree native to southeastern Asia having reddish wood with a mottled or striped black grain.
76. The branch of computer science that deal with writing computer programs that can solve problems creatively.
77. A city in western Germany near the Dutch and Belgian borders.
78. Lower in esteem.
80. A long noosed rope used to catch animals.
81. To come or go into.
82. A member of a monotheistic sect of Zoroastrian origin.
84. Surpassing the ordinary especially in size or scale.
86. Mild yellow Dutch cheese made in balls.
88. Atmospheric moisture or dust or smoke that causes reduced visibility.
89. A slender double-reed instrument.
91. Separated into parts or laid open or penetrated with a sharp edge or instrument.
94. A bachelor's degree in science.
96. A rare heavy polyvalent metallic element that resembles manganese chemically and is used in some alloys.