1. A verbalization that encourages you to attempt something.
5. The clock time given by a clock carried on board a spacecraft.
9. Large elliptical brightly colored deep-sea fish of Atlantic and Pacific and Mediterranean.
13. (computer science) The rate at which data is transferred (as by a modem).
16. Tree of low-lying coastal areas of southeastern United States having glossy leaves and racemes of fragrant white flowers.
17. One of the two main branches of orthodox Islam.
18. Ctenophores lacking tentacles.
19. Decay usually accompanied by an offensive odor.
20. A Japanese shrub that resembles members of the genus Spiraea.
22. A male servant (especially a footman).
24. Being one more than two.
25. The process of gradually becoming inferior.
26. Strong snuff made from dark coarse tobacco.
28. Limited or below average in number or quantity or magnitude or extent.
29. A mouth or mouthlike opening.
30. The capital and largest city of Venezuela.
33. An undergarment worn by women to support their breasts.
36. An expression of greeting.
37. Any of numerous plants of the genus Gnaphalium having flowers that can be dried without loss of form or color.
40. Of a quality, as in.
42. Resinlike substance secreted by certain lac insects.
45. Striped hyena of southeast Africa that feeds chiefly on insects.
49. A fit of shivering.
50. Providing legal power or sanction.
53. A particular geographical region of indefinite boundary (usually serving some special purpose or distinguished by its people or culture or geography).
54. In the Arabian Nights a hero who tells of the fantastic adventures he had in his voyages.
56. (Scotland) A landowner.
57. A trivalent metallic element of the rare earth group.
58. A trivalent metallic element of the rare earth group.
59. Employing variations in pitch to distinguish meanings of otherwise similar words.
60. A worker who applies spray to a surface.
63. Related on the mother's side.
64. A river in north central Switzerland that runs northeast into the Rhine.
65. Bottom-dwelling tropical rays.
67. A recognizable kind.
71. (Roman mythology) Roman god of death.
72. American prizefighter who won the world heavyweight championship three times (born in 1942).
74. The sixth month of the civil year.
78. An international organization of European countries formed after World War II to reduce trade barriers and increase cooperation among its members.
80. A narcotic drug that contains opium or an opium derivative.
85. Tropical starchy tuberous root.
89. So exceedingly large or extensive as to suggest a giant or mammoth.
91. United States swimmer who in 1926 became the first woman to swim the English Channel (1903- ).
93. An associate degree in applied science.
94. Someone who works (or provides workers) during a strike.
95. An officer who acts as military assistant to a more senior officer.
97. Sweet pulpy tropical fruit with thick scaly rind and shiny black seeds.
98. A mature blood cell that contains hemoglobin to carry oxygen to the bodily tissues.
99. God of love and erotic desire.
100. A less than average tide occurring at the first and third quarters of the moon.
101. Relating to or characteristic of or occurring on land.
102. The longer of the two telegraphic signals used in Morse code.
1. An anxiety disorder associated with serious traumatic events and characterized by such symptoms as guilt about surviving or reliving the trauma in dreams or numbness and lack of involvement with reality or recurrent thoughts and images.
2. Fully developed or matured and ready to be eaten or used.
3. Of or relating to near the ear.
4. English theoretical physicist who applied relativity theory to quantum mechanics and predicted the existence of antimatter and the positron (1902-1984).
5. The compass point midway between south and southeast.
6. Green algae common in freshwater lakes of limestone districts.
7. Being one more than fifty.
8. A high-crowned black cap (usually made of felt or sheepskin) worn by men in Turkey and Iran and the Caucasus.
9. Belonging to some prior time.
10. A person who is deemed to be despicable or contemptible.
11. A sweetened beverage of diluted fruit juice.
12. Not very intelligent or interested in culture.
13. Eurasian rose with prickly stems and fragrant leaves and bright pink flowers followed by scarlet hips.
14. Thick stew made of rice and chicken and small game.
15. A column of wood or steel or concrete that is driven into the ground to provide support for a structure.
21. An Indian nursemaid who looks after children.
23. (Akkadian) Father of the gods and consort of Tiamat.
27. A radioactive element of the actinide series.
29. Equally distant from the extremes.
31. Aroused to impatience or anger.
32. A large mass of ice floating at sea.
34. Characteristic of a region.
35. (Babylonian) Any of a group of powerful earth spirits or genii.
38. A farm where dairy products are produced.
39. Someone who leads a wandering unsettled life.
41. A discussion in which reasons are advanced for and against some proposition or proposal.
43. An associate degree in nursing.
44. A high-crowned black cap (usually made of felt or sheepskin) worn by men in Turkey and Iran and the Caucasus.
46. A state in northwestern United States on the Pacific.
47. On the side away from the wind.
48. A Scandinavian language (closely related to Icelandic) that is spoken on the Faroe Islands.
51. United States writer of poems and plays about racial conflict (born in 1934).
52. A person who has lied or who lies repeatedly.
55. Fermented alcoholic beverage similar to but heavier than beer.
61. A unit of absorbed ionizing radiation equal to 100 ergs per gram of irradiated material.
62. A material effigy that is worshipped as a god.
66. Any of a class of organic compounds that contain the divalent radical -CONHCO-.
68. Of or relating to or characteristic of Tibet or its people or their language.
69. An agency of the United Nations affiliated with the World Bank.
70. Relating to or consisting of or producing or resembling milk.
71. A person who is deemed to be despicable or contemptible.
73. Wife or mistress of Zeus and mother of Apollo and Artemis in ancient mythology.
75. No longer having or seeming to have or expecting to have life.
76. A hard gray lustrous metallic element that is highly corrosion-resistant.
77. A Bantu language spoken by the Kamba people in Kenya.
79. A thermoplastic polyamide.
81. Large burrowing rodent of South and Central America.
82. (Islam) The man who leads prayers in a mosque.
83. A short high tone produced as a signal or warning.
84. The form of RNA that attaches the correct amino acid to the protein chain that is being synthesized at the ribosome of the cell (according to directions coded in the mRNA).
86. Any of a group of Indic languages spoken in Kashmir and eastern Afghanistan and northern Pakistan.
87. A Chadic language spoken south of Lake Chad.
88. United States writer (born in Poland) who wrote in Yiddish (1880-1957).
90. Step on it.
92. Either extremity of something that has length.
96. An official prosecutor for a judicial district.