1. A spacecraft that carries astronauts from the command module to the surface of the moon and back.
4. Being one more than two.
9. The capital and chief port of Qatar.
13. The syllable naming the first (tonic) note of any major scale in solmization.
16. A strong emotion.
17. Leafless East Indian vine.
18. A theocratic republic in the Middle East in western Asia.
19. Any of various primates with short tails or no tail at all.
20. Any of several weedy composite plants of the genus Artemisia.
22. A rosid dicot genus that includes moon carrots.
24. Goddess of the dead and queen of the underworld.
25. The United Nations agency concerned with civil aviation.
26. Any of various widely distributed beetles.
29. Sacred writings of Orthodox Judaism.
31. Choose and follow.
32. A person who is rejected (from society or home).
35. A river that rises in northeastern Turkey (near the source of the Euphrates) and flows generally eastward through Armenia to the Caspian Sea.
39. A metallic element having four allotropic forms.
41. A yellow trivalent metallic element of the rare earth group.
42. Any of several Old World tropical aromatic annual or perennial herbs of the genus Ocimum.
44. Any of numerous low-growing cushion-forming plants of the genus Draba having rosette-forming leaves and terminal racemes of small flowers with scapose or leafy stems.
45. Small genus of highly toxic biennials.
48. Of or related to genetically distinguished groups of people.
50. Highly excited.
51. By bad luck.
52. The mission in San Antonio where in 1836 Mexican forces under Santa Anna besieged and massacred American rebels who were fighting to make Texas independent of Mexico.
54. Further or added.
55. Without good reason.
57. Being of the achromatic color of maximum darkness.
60. A unit of pressure.
61. Any of various coarse shrubby plants of the genus Iva with small greenish flowers.
62. Resinlike substance secreted by certain lac insects.
63. Out of bed.
65. A language unit by which a person or thing is known.
67. Large genus of tropical American trees that yield a bast fiber used for cordage and bark used in tanning.
68. A state in northwestern United States on the Pacific.
69. A contorted facial expression.
71. Requiring secret or mysterious knowledge.
74. A period marked by distinctive character or reckoned from a fixed point or event.
78. South American armadillo with three bands of bony plates.
83. A city in southern Turkey on the Seyhan River.
86. Cubes of meat marinated and cooked on a skewer usually with vegetables.
87. Realistic Norwegian author who wrote plays on social and political themes (1828-1906).
89. A feeling of strong eagerness (usually in favor of a person or cause).
90. An interior passage or corridor onto which rooms open.
93. American novelist (1909-1955).
95. An agency of the United Nations affiliated with the World Bank.
96. Advanced in years.
97. Gully or streambed in North Africa and the Middle East that remains dry except during rainy season.
98. The United Nations agency concerned with atomic energy.
99. An associate degree in applied science.
1. The greatest possible degree of something.
2. Annual to perennial herbs of the Mediterranean region.
3. A medium for oil-paints.
4. A branch of the Tai languages.
5. Any of several Orthodox Jewish sects who reject modern secular culture and many of whom do not recognize the spiritual authority of the modern state of Israel.
6. A unit of weight used in some Moslem countries near the Mediterranean.
7. The square of a body of any size of type.
8. Situated in or facing or moving toward the east.
9. British statesman who as Prime Minister bought controlling interest in the Suez Canal and made Queen Victoria the Empress of India (1804-1881).
10. Alloy of copper and tin and zinc.
11. Tranquilizer (trade name Haldol) used to treat some psychotic disorders and Tourette's syndrome.
12. Black tropical American cuckoo.
13. Tropical woody herb with showy yellow flowers and flat pods.
14. An organization of countries formed in 1961 to agree on a common policy for the sale of petroleum.
15. Goddess of the dead and queen of the underworld.
21. Having characteristics associated with women and considered undesirable in men.
23. The branch of engineering science that studies the uses of electricity and the equipment for power generation and distribution and the control of machines and communication.
27. A member of the Semitic speaking people of northern Ethiopia.
28. A drug (trade names Atarax and Vistaril) used as a tranquilizer to treat anxiety and motion sickness.
30. Relating to the Urdu language.
33. The blood group whose red cells carry both the A and B antigens.
34. English diplomat and author (1886-1968).
36. Disparaging terms for the common people.
37. Termination of pregnancy.
38. A chief of a North American tribe or confederation (especially an Algonquian chief).
40. The basic unit of money in Venezuela.
43. South Asian deer with three-tined antlers.
46. Shrub bearing oval-fruited kumquats.
47. Stem of the rattan palm used for making canes and umbrella handles.
49. (computer science) American Standard Code for Information Interchange.
53. A school for students intermediate between elementary school and college.
56. A soft gray malleable metallic element that resembles tin but discolors on exposure to air.
58. A nucleotide derived from adenosine that occurs in muscle tissue.
59. A village of huts for native Africans in southern Africa.
64. A covered passageway.
66. A green transparent form of beryl.
67. A branch of the Tai languages.
70. A colorless and odorless inert gas.
72. A nucleic acid that transmits genetic information from DNA to the cytoplasm.
73. Any of various plants of the genus Aralia.
75. Any of a group of heavenly spirits under the god Anu.
76. A Nilotic language.
77. Lake in northwestern Russia near the border with Finland.
79. Small beads made from polished shells and formerly used as money by native Americans.
80. (usually followed by `to') Having the necessary means or skill or know-how or authority to do something.
81. A city in northern India.
82. A hemoprotein composed of globin and heme that gives red blood cells their characteristic color.
84. A quantity of no importance.
85. Type genus of the Anatidae.
88. (meaning literally `born') Used to indicate the maiden or family name of a married woman.
91. The use of bacteria or viruses of toxins to destroy men and animals or food.
92. A public promotion of some product or service.
94. (Akkadian) God of wisdom.