1. An enclosed space.
4. A unit of elastance equal to the reciprocal of a farad.
9. Providing sophisticated amusement by virtue of having artificially (and vulgarly) mannered or banal or sentimental qualities.
13. Large brownish-green New Zealand parrot.
16. Sexually transmitted urethritis (usually caused by chlamydia).
17. Jordan's port.
18. Small buffalo of the Celebes having small straight horns.
19. A pointed tool for marking surfaces or for punching small holes.
20. European bison having a smaller and higher head than the North American bison.
22. The quantity contained in a carton.
24. (meaning literally `born') Used to indicate the maiden or family name of a married woman.
25. Soft blue-gray mineral.
28. A hard malleable ductile silvery metallic element that is resistant to corrosion.
29. English theoretical physicist who applied relativity theory to quantum mechanics and predicted the existence of antimatter and the positron (1902-1984).
30. Cattle that are reared for their meat.
31. Of or relating to or characteristic of Asia or the peoples of Asia or their languages or culture.
34. A Chadic language spoken in northern Nigeria.
38. A boat for communication between ship and shore.
41. The quantity a shovel can hold.
44. Any mixture of a soft and malleable consistency.
45. Characteristic of false pride.
48. Large bamboo having thick-walled culms.
49. A woman hired to suckle a child of someone else.
53. Australian shrubs and small trees with evergreen usually spiny leaves and dense clusters of showy flowers.
54. Restored to a new condition.
56. Lower in esteem.
58. A hotel providing overnight lodging for travelers.
59. The compass point midway between east and southeast.
60. (informal) Of the highest quality.
61. One skilled in caring for the sick (usually under the supervision of a physician).
63. A chronic inflammatory collagen disease affecting connective tissue (skin or joints).
66. A bivalent and trivalent metallic element of the rare earth group.
68. A colorless and odorless inert gas.
69. A colorless explosive liquid that is volatile and poisonous and foul-smelling.
71. Swelling from excessive accumulation of serous fluid in tissue.
73. (Hindu) A manner of sitting (as in the practice of Yoga).
77. (cosmology) The original matter that (according to the big bang theory) existed before the formation of the chemical elements.
78. A region of Malaysia in northeastern Borneo.
79. Optical instrument consisting of a pair of lenses for correcting defective vision.
81. Hungarian choreographer who developed Labanotation (1879-1958).
84. Mud or clay or small rocks deposited by a river or lake.
87. American novelist (1909-1955).
88. A genus of European owls.
89. According to the Old Testament he was a pagan king of Israel and husband of Jezebel (9th century BC).
91. An honorary law degree.
92. Produced by a manufacturing process.
93. The noise made by a short puff of steam (as from an engine).
94. A small cake leavened with yeast.
95. Type genus of the family Myacidae.
1. An unforeseen obstacle.
2. Largest known toad species.
3. A round shape formed by a series of concentric circles.
4. The honeycreepers.
5. A Loloish language.
6. The network in the reticular formation that serves an alerting or arousal function.
7. The blood group whose red cells carry both the A and B antigens.
8. (a dated Briticism) A serious difficulty with which one is suddenly faced.
9. The capital and largest city of Venezuela.
10. (prefix) Opposite or opposing or neutralizing.
11. A ray of moonlight.
12. Cooking utensil consisting of a wide metal vessel.
13. Valuable fiber plant of East Indies now widespread in cultivation.
14. An open vessel with a handle and a spout for pouring.
15. On or toward the lee.
21. Poisonous herbs.
23. An Arabic speaking person who lives in Arabia or North Africa.
26. The site of an archeological exploration.
27. Any plant of the genus Reseda.
32. Of or relating to or characteristic of Thailand of its people.
33. Afflicted with or characteristic of mental derangement.
35. A person forced to flee from home or country.
36. A famous waterfall in Venezuela.
37. Or family Polypodiaceae.
39. Avoid or try to avoid, as of duties, questions and issues.
40. An atom or molecule or radical or ion that forms a complex around a central atom.
42. The longer of the two telegraphic signals used in Morse code.
43. A Muslim or Hindu mendicant monk who is regarded as a holy man.
46. An associate degree in nursing.
47. (Babylonian) God of wisdom and agriculture and patron of scribes and schools.
50. Either of two large muscles of the chest.
51. Worn or shabby from overuse or (of pages) from having corners turned down.
52. An ancient Assyrian city on the River Tigris and traditional capital of Assyria.
55. (India) Usually in combination.
57. The branch of engineering science that studies the uses of electricity and the equipment for power generation and distribution and the control of machines and communication.
62. A severe or trying experience.
64. Sirenian mammal of tropical coastal waters of America.
65. English comedian and film maker.
66. (a dated Briticism) A serious difficulty with which one is suddenly faced.
67. A loose cloak with a hood.
69. (of a roof) Constructed with a single slope on each side of the ridge supported at the end by a gable or vertical triangular portion of an end wall.
70. A tax on employees and employers that is used to fund the Social Security system.
72. Preserve a dead body.
74. Goat-like antelope of central Eurasia having a stubby nose like a proboscis.
75. Small shrubby African tree having compound leaves and racemes of small fragrant green flowers.
76. Put in a new, usually larger, pot, as of a plant that has grown.
80. Someone who works (or provides workers) during a strike.
82. In a competent capable manner.
83. A quantity of no importance.
85. A tight-fitting headdress.
86. A compartment in front of a motor vehicle where driver sits.
90. (astronomy) The angular distance of a celestial point measured westward along the celestial equator from the zenith crossing.