1. (of securities) Not quoted on a stock exchange.
4. Small drought-resistant sorghums having large yellow or whitish grains.
8. Block consisting of a thick piece of something.
12. A mixture of mashed malt grains and hot water.
16. A federation of North American industrial unions that merged with the American Federation of Labor in 1955.
17. An arithmetic operation performed on floating-point numbers.
18. A strip of land projecting into a body of water.
19. On or toward the lee.
20. A genus of Pyralidae.
22. Put a new facing on, as of a garment.
24. A particular geographical region of indefinite boundary (usually serving some special purpose or distinguished by its people or culture or geography).
26. Annual and perennial herbs of damp habitats.
28. English poet (1621-1678).
31. Burrowing marine mollusk living on sand or mud.
32. A small island.
37. A cravat with wide square ends.
40. Tropical American tree grown in southern United States having a whitish pink-tinged fruit.
43. A republic in the western central Pacific Ocean in association with the United States.
44. Taken dishonestly.
45. A unit of current equal to 10 amperes.
47. Inquire about.
48. Suggestive of the supernatural.
50. Wash out with a solvent, as in chromatography.
52. The foot of a human being.
53. The arch of bone beneath the eye that forms the prominence of the cheek.
55. A distinct part that can be specified separately in a group of things that could be enumerated on a list.
57. (Norse mythology) Ruler of the Aesir.
58. A cut of pork ribs with much of the meat trimmed off.
60. A subdivision of a larger religious group.
61. Offering fun and gaiety.
62. A Greek epic poem (attributed to Homer) describing the siege of Troy.
63. An association of countries in the western hemisphere.
66. A white soft metallic element that tarnishes readily.
67. A member of a Slavic people who settled in Serbia and neighboring areas in the 6th and 7th centuries.
69. Any plant that crowds out cultivated plants.
71. State in northeastern India.
73. A member of the Siouan people formerly living in the Missouri river valley in NE Nebraska.
76. Fastener consisting of a resinous composition that is plastic when warm.
78. Sluggish tailless Australian arboreal marsupial with gray furry ears and coat.
82. English theoretical physicist who applied relativity theory to quantum mechanics and predicted the existence of antimatter and the positron (1902-1984).
84. (Greek mythology) A woman transformed into a Gorgon by Athena.
88. Of or relating to apnea.
90. A member of a South American Indian people in Peru who were formerly the ruling class of the Inca empire.
92. Framework for holding objects.
93. An adult male person (as opposed to a woman).
94. Not very intelligent or interested in culture.
96. Harass with persistent criticism or carping.
97. A woman hired to suckle a child of someone else.
98. A flat wing-shaped process or winglike part of an organism.
99. (used especially of vegetation) Having lost all moisture.
100. A member of an Iroquoian people formerly living on the south shore of Lake Erie in northern Ohio and northwest Pennsylvania and western New York.
101. A small cake leavened with yeast.
1. English scholastic philosopher and assumed author of Occam's Razor (1285-1349).
2. A crown-like jewelled headdress worn by women on formal occasions.
3. A person who designs and writes and tests computer programs.
4. A master's degree in fine arts.
5. Being nine more than forty.
6. A siren of German legend who lured boatmen in the Rhine to destruction.
7. An organization of countries formed in 1961 to agree on a common policy for the sale of petroleum.
8. A large number or amount.
9. Resinlike substance secreted by certain lac insects.
10. A short synopsis.
11. A light strong brittle gray toxic bivalent metallic element.
12. A percussion instrument with wooden bars tuned to produce a chromatic scale and with resonators.
13. A city in northwestern Syria.
14. Pass gradually or leak through or as if through small openings.
15. Goddess of the dead and queen of the underworld.
21. Small circular or square cases of dough with savory fillings.
23. Small sunfishes of the genus Pomoxis of central United States rivers.
25. An extension at the end and at right angles to the main building.
27. European cave-dwelling aquatic salamander with permanent external gills.
29. Having an illustrious reputation.
30. Jordan's port.
33. The wrist bone in line with the 4th and 5th fingers.
34. Type genus of the Alaudidae.
35. A region of central Spain.
36. A famous waterfall in Venezuela.
38. A tall tower that forms the superstructure of a building (usually a church or temple) and that tapers to a point at the top.
39. A pirate along the Barbary coast.
41. A basin for washing the hands (`wash-hand basin' is a British expression).
42. French painter and sculptor.
46. Be earlier in time.
49. American prizefighter who won the world heavyweight championship three times (born in 1942).
51. The divine word of God.
54. A colorless and odorless inert gas.
56. A unit of weight equivalent to 1000 kilograms.
59. A disorderly crowd of people.
64. (sometimes followed by `of') Having or showing realization or perception.
65. (British) An open river valley (in a hilly area).
68. A metric unit of length equal to one hundredth of a meter.
70. A dry scab formed on the skin following a burn or cauterization of the skin.
72. A protective structure resembling a scale.
74. A public promotion of some product or service.
75. A foot traveler.
77. Affect with wonder.
79. A translucent mineral consisting of hydrated silica of variable color.
80. A former copper coin of Pakistan.
81. Affected manners intended to impress others.
83. A unit of area (4840 square yards) used in English-speaking countries.
85. Lacking in liveliness or charm or surprise.
86. Someone who works (or provides workers) during a strike.
87. A Loloish language.
89. An actor's line that immediately precedes and serves as a reminder for some action or speech.
90. Flower arrangement consisting of a circular band of foliage or flowers for ornamental purposes.
91. A type of submachine gun that is designed and manufactured in Israel.
95. A soft silvery metallic element of the alkali earth group.