1. A Kwa language spoken by the Yoruba people in southwestern Nigeria.
4. Extensive landed property (especially in the country) retained by the owner for his own use.
9. Assist or encourage, usually in some wrongdoing.
13. A light touch or stroke.
16. A prominent rock or pile of rocks on a hill.
17. Very thin especially from disease or hunger or cold.
18. A strip of land projecting into a body of water.
19. An agency of the United Nations affiliated with the World Bank.
20. An ugly evil-looking old woman.
21. American dramatist (1928- ).
22. (used of count nouns) Every one considered individually.
23. A unit of absorbed ionizing radiation equal to 100 ergs per gram of irradiated material.
24. By bad luck.
26. The branch of computer science that deal with writing computer programs that can solve problems creatively.
27. A subsidiary proposition that is assumed to be true in order to prove another proposition.
29. An intensely radioactive metallic element that occurs in minute amounts in uranium ores.
30. A small cake leavened with yeast.
31. The 3 goddesses of fate or destiny.
36. Having made preparations.
38. 1,000,000,000 periods per second.
40. American professional baseball player who hit more home runs than Babe Ruth (born in 1934).
44. The capital and largest city of Zambia.
46. A yellow pungent volatile oil (trade name Agene) formerly used for bleaching and aging flour.
49. The compass point midway between east and southeast.
50. Using speech rather than writing.
51. A genus of the cactus family with scarlet flowers.
53. Tropical American tree grown in southern United States having a whitish pink-tinged fruit.
55. A light strong gray lustrous corrosion-resistant metallic element used in strong light-weight alloys (as for airplane parts).
56. United States swimmer who in 1926 became the first woman to swim the English Channel (1903- ).
58. (logic or grammar) Of or relating to scope.
62. Adult female chicken.
64. A dry cold north wind in SE France.
65. The power to entice or attract through personal charm.
67. Type genus of the Canidae.
68. How a result is obtained or an end is achieved.
70. A state in New England.
72. Of the nature of or undergoing an experiment.
73. (Old Testament) Moses' successor who led the Israelites into the Promised Land.
77. A large body of water constituting a principal part of the hydrosphere.
80. Any of numerous low-growing cushion-forming plants of the genus Draba having rosette-forming leaves and terminal racemes of small flowers with scapose or leafy stems.
83. A member of a formerly tribal people now living in south central India.
87. Spiritual leader of a Jewish congregation.
89. (Jungian psychology) The inner self (not the external persona) that is in touch with the unconscious.
90. A rapid bustling commotion.
91. Sports equipment that is worn on the feet to enable the wearer to glide along on wheels and to be propelled by the alternate actions of the legs.
93. Someone who works (or provides workers) during a strike.
95. The sense organ for hearing and equilibrium.
96. The habitation of wild animals.
97. Of a tire.
98. God of love and erotic desire.
99. The federal agency that insures residential mortgages.
1. Essential oil or perfume obtained from flowers.
2. Sluggish tailless Australian arboreal marsupial with gray furry ears and coat.
3. The capital and largest city of Mongolia.
4. Title for a civil or military leader (especially in Turkey).
5. West Indian tree having racemes of fragrant white flowers and yielding a durable timber and resinous juice.
6. Type genus of the Rubiaceae.
7. The compass point midway between northeast and east.
8. An ancient upright stone slab bearing markings.
9. A deficiency of red blood cells.
10. A signal transmitted along a narrow path.
11. The act of escaping physically.
12. Anterior pituitary hormone that stimulates the function of the thyroid gland.
13. English theoretical physicist who applied relativity theory to quantum mechanics and predicted the existence of antimatter and the positron (1902-1984).
14. A city in southern Turkey on the Seyhan River.
15. An emblem (a small piece of plastic or cloth or metal) that signifies your status (rank or membership or affiliation etc.).
25. Of or relating to the spine or spinal cord.
28. Genus of prickly shrubs and small trees of the Caribbean region.
32. Paralysis of the vocal cords resulting in an inability to speak.
33. Any orchid of the genus Disa.
34. Aromatic gum resin.
35. Fertility goddess in ancient Greek mythology.
37. A small conical pouch projecting from the upper anterior part of each atrium of the heart.
39. A strip of land projecting into a body of water.
41. Align anew or better.
42. Diffusion of molecules through a semipermeable membrane from a place of higher concentration to a place of lower concentration until the concentration on both sides is equal.
43. (superlative of `near' or `nigh') Most near.
45. Administer an oil or ointment to.
47. United States film actress (born in Sweden) known for her reclusiveness (1905-1990).
48. As of a conifer.
52. A doctor's degree in optometry.
54. (facetious) A serving of an alcoholic beverage.
57. Minor or subordinate.
59. Leaf or strip from a leaf of the talipot palm used in India for writing paper.
60. A historical region on northwestern India and northern Pakistan.
61. A criminal who illegally sets fire to property.
63. A doctor's degree in religion.
66. (zoology) Having a tail or taillike appendage.
67. An ancient upright stone slab bearing markings.
69. A gonadotropic hormone that is secreted by the anterior pituitary.
71. A state in New England.
74. (used of persons or the military) Characterized by having or bearing arms.
75. Genus of tropical plants with creeping rootstocks and small umbellate flowers.
76. Jordan's port.
78. (of a young animal) Abandoned by its mother and raised by hand.
79. Very dark black.
81. The blood group whose red cells carry both the A and B antigens.
82. Derive or receive pleasure from.
84. (`lief' is archaic) Very willing.
85. A woman hired to suckle a child of someone else.
86. God of death.
88. The bill in a restaurant.
92. A radioactive transuranic element which has been synthesized.
94. Before noon.