1. Singing jazz.
5. A sock with a separation for the big toe.
9. Largest known toad species.
13. An advantageous purchase.
16. A blind god.
17. Toward the mouth or oral region.
18. An aggressive remark directed at a person like a missile and intended to have a telling effect.
19. Fermented alcoholic beverage similar to but heavier than beer.
20. The United Nations agency concerned with civil aviation.
21. 1 species.
23. Wife or mistress of Zeus and mother of Apollo and Artemis in ancient mythology.
25. Shrub bearing round-fruited kumquats.
27. Cubes of meat marinated and cooked on a skewer usually with vegetables.
28. A region of Malaysia in northeastern Borneo.
29. Durable fragrant wood.
32. The slender spear of the Bantu-speaking people of Africa.
35. Make synchronous and adjust in time or manner.
37. The elementary stages of any subject (usually plural).
40. (computer science) A graphic symbol (usually a simple picture) that denotes a program or a command or a data file or a concept in a graphical user interface.
41. Place (seeds) in the ground for future growth.
43. Using speech rather than writing.
45. (informal) Being satisfactory or in satisfactory condition.
46. United States cartoonist who drew intricate diagrams of very complicated and impractical contraptions that accomplished little or nothing (1883-1970).
48. A doctor's degree in education.
50. (informal) Having or revealing stupidity.
52. European strong-scented perennial herb with gray-green bitter-tasting leaves.
53. Surveying instrument consisting of the upper movable part of a theodolite including the telescope and its attachments.
56. An open sore on the back of a horse caused by ill-fitting or badly adjusted saddle.
57. Bulky grayish-brown eagle with a short wedge-shaped white tail.
60. Resembling milk in color or cloudiness.
61. An independent agency of the United States government responsible for collecting and coordinating intelligence and counterintelligence activities abroad in the national interest.
62. A white powder used as a pigment for its high covering power and durability.
65. A state in east central United States.
69. Moth having nonfunctional mouthparts as adults.
74. A genus of herbs and shrubs belonging to the family Euphorbiaceae.
80. A soft fabric made from the wool of the Cashmere goat.
83. German chemist noted for the synthetic production of ammonia (1868-1934).
84. Inflammation of the ileum.
86. Agitation resulting from active worry.
87. A self-funded retirement plan that allows you to contribute a limited yearly sum toward your retirement.
88. A translucent mineral consisting of hydrated silica of variable color.
90. Spanish painter best known for his portraits (1746-1828).
91. Any of several related languages of the Celts in Ireland and Scotland.
92. A wooden pin pushed or driven into a surface.
93. (Irish) Mother of the Tuatha De Danann.
94. A woman hired to suckle a child of someone else.
95. No longer having or seeming to have or expecting to have life.
1. A thin wedge of material (wood or metal or stone) for driving into crevices.
2. A South American shrub whose leaves are chewed by natives of the Andes.
3. Essential oil or perfume obtained from flowers.
4. Denoting a quantity consisting of 1,000 items or units.
5. A drug (trade name Tolinase) used in treating stable adult-onset diabetes mellitus.
6. A constellation in the southern hemisphere near Telescopium and Norma.
7. A coffee cake flavored with orange rind and raisins and almonds.
8. Person who does no work.
9. The jurisdiction or office of an abbot.
10. A rare silvery (usually trivalent) metallic element.
11. The address of a web page on the world wide web.
12. Lower in esteem.
13. African tree having an exceedingly thick trunk and fruit that resembles a gourd and has an edible pulp called monkey bread.
14. The inner and longer of the two bones of the human forearm.
15. Not only so, but.
22. Feeling or caused to feel uneasy and self-conscious.
24. A member of a people native to the Philippines chiefly inhabiting central Luzon around and including Manila.
26. A periodic paperback publication.
30. A picture (or series of pictures) representing a continuous scene.
31. A magnetic tape recorder for recording (and playing back) TV programs.
33. Moving over territory to search for something.
34. A strait of the English Channel between the coast of Hampshire and the Isle of Wight.
36. (biology) Having branches or flower heads that bend downward.
38. Of or in or belonging to the cavity of the abdomen.
39. Brown-speckled European lark noted for singing while hovering at a great height.
42. Large sweet juicy hybrid between tangerine and grapefruit having a thick wrinkled skin.
44. A public promotion of some product or service.
47. Date used in reckoning dates before the supposed year Christ was born.
49. The occurrence of a change for the worse.
51. A civil or military authority in Turkey or Egypt.
54. A state in midwestern United States.
55. Late time of life.
58. An ache localized in the middle or inner ear.
59. A resource.
63. Goddess of the dead and queen of the underworld.
64. Made clean.
66. The brightest star in Auriga.
67. The syllable naming the sixth (submediant) note of a major or minor scale in solmization.
68. Wrap us in a cerecloth, as of a corpse.
70. Talks a great deal about uninteresting topics.
71. A rod used to ram the charge into a muzzle-loading firearm.
72. Of or relating to or characteristic of Syria or its people or culture.
73. Oriental moth that produces brownish silk.
74. Serving as or forming a base.
75. A chronic inflammatory collagen disease affecting connective tissue (skin or joints).
76. A member of a people in India living in Orissa and neighboring areas.
77. (KNO3) Used especially as a fertilizer and explosive.
78. A port city of south central Ukraine on an arm of the Black Sea.
79. Fastened with stitches.
81. A river in north central Switzerland that runs northeast into the Rhine.
82. (physics and chemistry) The smallest component of an element having the chemical properties of the element.
85. One of the most common of the five major classes of immunoglobulins.
89. An informal term for a father.