1. Support resembling the rib of an animal.
4. An intensive care unit designed with special equipment to care for premature or low-birth-weight or seriously ill newborn.
8. Mentally or physically infirm with age.
12. (British) Traditional jazz as revived in the 1950s.
16. A strong emotion.
17. Any place of complete bliss and delight and peace.
18. Highly excited.
19. A republic consisting of 26 of 32 counties comprising the island of Ireland.
20. A group of African languages in the Niger-Congo group spoken from Senegal east as far as the Ivory Coast.
22. Small European freshwater fish with a slender bluish-green body.
24. A port city in southwestern Turkey on the Gulf of Antalya.
26. A sweet white French wine.
27. Wild sheep of northern Africa.
29. An association of nations dedicated to economic and political cooperation in southeastern Asia.
30. 300 to 3000 kilohertz.
32. Any of a class of organic compounds that contain the divalent radical -CONHCO-.
34. A metabolic acid found in yeast and liver cells.
36. A genus of tropical American plants have sword-shaped leaves and a fleshy compound fruits composed of the fruits of several flowers (such as pineapples).
40. Well-seasoned rice (with nuts or currants of minced lamb) simmered or braised in stock.
44. An organization of independent states to promote international peace and security.
45. A fluorocarbon with chlorine.
46. The face or front of a building.
48. The elementary stages of any subject (usually plural).
49. A body of (usually fresh) water surrounded by land.
51. Squash bugs.
53. Genus of American of east Asian perennial herbs with yellow to orange or red flower rays.
56. The month following March and preceding May.
57. Motivation based on ideas of right and wrong.
59. Of or relating to the spleen.
60. Source of a wood mentioned frequently in the Bible.
63. Noisy talk.
65. A Chadic language spoken in northern Nigeria.
66. Extremely large treelike cactus of desert regions of southwestern United States having a thick columnar sparsely branched trunk bearing white flowers and edible red pulpy fruit.
69. Chief port of Yemen.
70. Of or relating to or characteristic of Asia or the peoples of Asia or their languages or culture.
71. A day set aside for doing household laundry.
73. A Mid-Atlantic state.
74. Not far distant in time or space or degree or circumstances.
76. South African term for `boss'.
77. A public promotion of some product or service.
80. A strategically located monarchy on the southern and eastern coasts of the Arabian Peninsula.
86. God of wealth and love.
90. (Sumerian) Consort of Dumuzi (Tammuz).
93. Any of various perennial South American plants of the genus Loasa having stinging hairs and showy white or yellow or reddish-orange flowers.
94. A river in north central Switzerland that runs northeast into the Rhine.
95. Weight to be borne or conveyed.
97. A river in north central Switzerland that runs northeast into the Rhine.
99. King of Denmark and Norway who forced Edmund II to divide England with him.
100. A benevolent aspect of Devi.
101. Fabric dyed with splotches of green and brown and black and tan.
102. Portuguese explorer who in 1488 was the first European to get round the Cape of Good Hope (thus establishing a sea route from the Atlantic to Asia) (1450-1500).
103. A unit of area (4840 square yards) used in English-speaking countries.
104. A young woman making her debut into society.
105. Similar or related in quality or character.
106. Of or being the lowest female voice.
107. A soft heavy toxic malleable metallic element.
1. Covered with frost.
2. A republic in the Middle East in western Asia.
3. Make numb or insensitive.
4. Large semi-evergreen tree of East India.
5. A state in the Rocky Mountains.
6. Consisting of or made of cedar.
7. Relatively small fast-moving sloth.
8. (Greek mythology) Goddess of the earth and mother of Cronus and the Titans in ancient mythology.
9. A soft white precious univalent metallic element having the highest electrical and thermal conductivity of any metal.
10. Functioning correctly and ready for action.
11. Title for a civil or military leader (especially in Turkey).
12. Any of several herbs of the genus Dipsacus native to the Old World having flower heads surrounded by spiny bracts.
13. Cause annoyance in.
14. An elaborate song for solo voice.
15. An administrator in charge of a division of a university or college.
21. Mar or spoil the appearance of.
23. Being one hundred more than three hundred.
25. Panel forming the lower part of an interior wall when it is finished differently from the rest.
28. Any orchid of the genus Disa.
31. Tropical American insectivorous bird having a long sharp bill and iridescent green or bronze plumage.
33. Conforming to an ultimate standard of perfection or excellence.
35. The stage of meiosis or mitosis when chromosomes move toward opposite ends of the nuclear spindle.
37. (old-fashioned) At or from or to a great distance.
38. An independent agency of the United States government responsible for aviation and spaceflight.
39. A genus of herbs and shrubs belonging to the family Euphorbiaceae.
41. An unnaturally frenzied or distraught woman.
42. Having the skin scraped off.
43. (mathematics) Of a triangle having three sides of different lengths.
47. A person forced to flee from home or country.
50. Any small branched yellow-flowered North American herb of the genus Krigia.
52. In no manner.
54. Being one more than one hundred.
55. Cubes of meat marinated and cooked on a skewer usually with vegetables.
58. The region of the shore of a lake or sea or ocean.
61. A member of a nomadic Berber people of the Sahara.
62. Of a light yellowish-brown color n 1.
64. Large brownish-green New Zealand parrot.
67. (Hindu) A manner of sitting (as in the practice of Yoga).
68. An Indian nursemaid who looks after children.
72. The trait of lacking restraint or control.
75. A heavy odorless colorless gas formed during respiration and by the decomposition of organic substances.
78. A metric unit of volume or capacity equal to 10 liters.
79. A quick look.
81. A member of the extinct Algonquian people formerly living in northern Indiana and southern Michigan.
82. A unit of weight for precious stones = 200 mg.
83. Relating to or applicable to or concerned with the administration of a city or town or district rather than a larger area.
84. Earlier a god.
85. Treated with contempt.
87. Stable gear consisting of either of two curved supports that are attached to the collar of a draft horse and that hold the traces.
88. An Arabic speaking person who lives in Arabia or North Africa.
89. Type genus of the Alcidae comprising solely the razorbill.
91. A quantity of no importance.
92. Horny plate covering and protecting part of the dorsal surface of the digits.
96. Consisting of or made of wood of the oak tree.
97. A radioactive gaseous element formed by the disintegration of radium.
98. The second larges of the four main islands of Japan.