1. Committee formed by a special-interest group to raise money for their favorite political candidates.
4. Dormouse of southern Europe and northern Africa.
9. A small island.
13. A river in north central Switzerland that runs northeast into the Rhine.
16. (Irish) Mother of the ancient Irish gods.
17. Naked freshwater or marine or parasitic protozoa that form temporary pseudopods for feeding and locomotion.
18. South American armadillo with three bands of bony plates.
19. A master's degree in fine arts.
20. The month following October and preceding December.
21. Alcoholic drink from fermented cider (`cider' and `cyder' are European (especially British) usage for the fermented beverage).
22. A metabolic acid found in yeast and liver cells.
23. An ugly evil-looking old woman.
24. (Greek mythology) Goddess of the earth and mother of Cronus and the Titans in ancient mythology.
26. Italian violin maker and grandson of Andrea Guarneri (1687?-1745).
28. A state of lawlessness and disorder (usually resulting from a failure of government).
30. One of the conveyances (or cars) in a telpherage.
31. Sweet liqueur made from wine and brandy flavored with plum or peach or apricot kernels and bitter almonds.
34. Concerning those not members of the clergy.
37. Angular distance above the horizon (especially of a celestial object).
38. A trivalent metallic element of the rare earth group.
39. The basic unit of money in Gambia.
43. An intensely radioactive metallic element that occurs in minute amounts in uranium ores.
44. The mission in San Antonio where in 1836 Mexican forces under Santa Anna besieged and massacred American rebels who were fighting to make Texas independent of Mexico.
46. A light touch or stroke.
47. A high wave (often dangerous) caused by tidal flow (as by colliding tidal currents or in a narrow estuary).
49. An antidepressant drug that acts by blocking the reuptake of serotonin so that more serotonin is available to act on receptors in the brain.
53. A constellation in the southern hemisphere near Reticulum and Pictor.
54. Pertaining to or involving or having the nature of space.
56. Footwear shaped to fit the foot (below the ankle) with a flexible upper of leather or plastic and a sole and heel of heavier material.
58. The basic unit of money in Romania.
59. Belonging to or on behalf of a specified person (especially yourself).
60. (botany) Of or relating to the axil.
61. Qualities that do not give pleasure to the senses.
64. A steep part of a glacier resembling a frozen waterfall.
67. Type genus of the family Arcidae.
68. (archaic or Scottish) Faithful and true.
69. Aimlessly drifting.
73. A region of northeastern France famous for its wines.
75. The state of matter distinguished from the solid and liquid states by.
76. An Indian side dish of yogurt and chopped cucumbers and spices.
79. The vertical triangular wall between the sloping ends of gable roof.
82. (Brit) An area of open or forested country.
86. Any of various herbaceous plants of the genus Atriplex that thrive in deserts and salt marshes.
88. The space between two lines or planes that intersect.
89. An narrative telling the adventures of a hero or a family.
93. A humming noise.
94. Little known Kamarupan languages.
95. The first light of day.
96. Type genus of the Amiidae.
97. A rapid bustling commotion.
1. Sudden sharp painful emotion.
2. Small buffalo of the Celebes having small straight horns.
3. A warning against certain acts.
4. Resinlike substance secreted by certain lac insects.
5. Someone who leaves one country to settle in another.
6. Made less in size or amount or degree.
7. A religious belief of African origin involving witchcraft and sorcery.
8. Having the characteristics of pitch or tar.
9. (Greek mythology) The Titan who was father of Atlas and Epimetheus and Prometheus in ancient mythology.
10. A cut of pork ribs with much of the meat trimmed off.
11. Open to change.
12. A period marked by distinctive character or reckoned from a fixed point or event.
13. A member of the Semitic speaking people of northern Ethiopia.
14. (old-fashioned) At or from or to a great distance.
15. A feeling of intense anger.
25. Relating to anemia or suffering from anemia.
27. Joins pieces of metal by welding them together.
29. A rounded thickly curled hairdo.
32. Aromatic West Indian tree that produces allspice berries.
33. A compartment in front of a motor vehicle where driver sits.
35. Be iridescent.
36. Revelry in drinking.
40. A condition (mostly in boys) characterized by behavioral and learning disorders.
41. A mountainous landlocked communist state in southeastern Asia.
42. The mother-in-law of Ruth whose story is told in the Book of Ruth in the Old Testament.
45. A genus of orb-weaving spiders including common garden spiders and barn spiders.
48. A coterie of undesirable people.
50. A large commercial and industrial city in northeastern Texas.
51. Paralysis of the vocal cords resulting in an inability to speak.
52. A lawyer who pleads cases in court.
55. A plant hormone promoting elongation of stems and roots.
57. Oval reproductive body of a fowl (especially a hen) used as food.
62. A white soft metallic element that tarnishes readily.
63. Norwegian explorer of the Arctic and director of the League of Nations relief program for refugees of World War I (1861-1930).
65. Freight car without permanent sides or roof.
66. That is to say.
70. United States baseball player and manager (1873-1934).
71. Darkened with overcast.
72. New Zealand timber tree resembling the cypress.
74. The syllable naming the sixth (submediant) note of a major or minor scale in solmization.
77. An Arabic speaking person who lives in Arabia or North Africa.
78. The villain in William Shakespeare's tragedy who tricked Othello into murdering his wife.
80. A bachelor's degree in science.
81. A set of questions or exercises evaluating skill or knowledge.
83. Title for a civil or military leader (especially in Turkey).
84. (Welsh) A warrior god.
85. A visual presentation showing how something works.
87. A flat wing-shaped process or winglike part of an organism.
90. A bachelor's degree in religion.
91. A soft silvery metallic element of the alkali earth group.
92. Being one more than one hundred.