1. Extremely pleasing.
4. Type genus of Ochnaceae.
9. Wading birds of warm regions having long slender down-curved bills.
13. The United Nations agency concerned with the international collection of meteorological data.
16. Title for a civil or military leader (especially in Turkey).
17. A formal expression of praise.
18. An enclosure made or wire or metal bars in which birds or animals are kept.
19. A small piece of cloth.
20. An intersection or crossing of two tracts in the form of the letter X.
22. Greek philosopher and astronomer (who predicted an eclipse in 585 BC) who was said by Aristotle to be the founder of physical science.
24. Either extremity of something that has length.
25. A fine grained mineral having a soft soapy feel and consisting of hydrated magnesium silicate.
26. Small deciduous open-crowned tree of eastern North America having creamy white flowers and large leaves in formations like umbrellas at the ends of branches.
28. Lower in esteem.
30. Distinctly separate from the first.
31. A cheese dish made with bread and egg crumbs that is baked and served in individual fireproof dishes.
33. (old-fashioned) At or from or to a great distance.
36. A group of cattle or sheep or other domestic mammals all of the same kind that are herded by humans.
37. A vehicle carrying many passengers.
38. Any tree of the genus Genipa bearing yellow flowers and edible fruit with a thick rind.
40. Optical instrument consisting of a pair of lenses for correcting defective vision.
43. Destruction of heart tissue resulting from obstruction of the blood supply to the heart muscle.
46. A strategically located monarchy on the southern and eastern coasts of the Arabian Peninsula.
47. A nucleic acid consisting of large molecules shaped like a double helix.
49. Consisting of or made of wood of the oak tree.
51. The basic monetary unit of most members of the European Union (introduced in 1999).
53. Monotypic genus of palms of Australasia.
54. In a dorsal location or direction.
57. Any of various small biting flies.
58. (Babylonian) The sky god.
59. Capable of being done with means at hand and circumstances as they are.
60. (heraldry) An ordinary consisting of a broad horizontal band across a shield.
61. A full skirt with a gathered waistband.
64. A member of the extinct Algonquian people formerly living in northern Indiana and southern Michigan.
66. The act of hopping (jumping upward or forward (especially on one foot)).
67. A former copper coin of Pakistan.
68. An institution that issues something (securities or publications or currency etc.).
71. Type genus of the Annonaceae.
74. The main organ of photosynthesis and transpiration in higher plants.
75. United States computer entrepreneur whose software company made him the youngest multi-billionaire in the history of the United States (born in 1955).
77. Having help.
78. A notation cancelling a previous sharp or flat.
82. Roman general who was governor of Britain and extended Roman rule north to the Firth of Forth (37-93).
85. Spanish poet and dramatist considered one of the great Spanish writers (1600-1681).
89. Any of numerous local fertility and nature deities worshipped by ancient Semitic peoples.
90. A white or colorless vitreous insoluble solid (SiO2).
92. Eurasian perennial bulbous herbs.
93. The compass point that is one point north of due east.
95. (botany) Of or relating to the axil.
97. The sediment from fermentation of an alcoholic beverage.
98. An informal term for a father.
99. Fermented alcoholic beverage brewed from malt and hops.
100. Designer drug designed to have the effects of amphetamines (it floods the brain with serotonin) but to avoid the drug laws.
101. Type genus of the Alcidae comprising solely the razorbill.
1. A piece of information about circumstances that exist or events that have occurred.
2. Title for a civil or military leader (especially in Turkey).
3. (criminal law) Money that must be forfeited by the bondsman if an accused person fails to appear in court for trial.
4. (Roman mythology) Goddess of abundance and fertility.
5. Engraving or carving in low relief on a stone (as in a brooch or ring).
6. A healthy state of wellbeing free from disease.
7. A silvery soft waxy metallic element of the alkali metal group.
8. A port in northern Belgium on the Scheldt river.
9. The United Nations agency concerned with civil aviation.
10. (Norse mythology) God of light and peace and noted for his beauty and sweet nature.
11. One of the five major classes of immunoglobulins.
12. Tropical African and Indian herbs.
13. Cause to happen or to occur as a consequence.
14. A member of a nomadic people of the northern Ural mountains.
15. English psychologist who collaborated with I. A. Richards in designing Basic English (1889-1957).
21. Mites and ticks.
23. A vast multitude.
27. European annual grown for forage.
29. Surround so as to force to give up.
32. The blood group whose red cells carry both the A and B antigens.
34. Associated with women and not with men.
35. Wife of Siva and a benevolent aspect of Devi.
39. A condition (mostly in boys) characterized by behavioral and learning disorders.
41. A band that fits around the neck and is usually folded over.
42. Capital of the state of Oregon in the northwestern part of the state on the Willamette River.
44. A dehydrogenated analogue of cortisol (trade names Orasone or Deltasone or Liquid Pred or Meticorten).
45. A pad of paper for keeping notes.
48. The month following October and preceding December.
50. A state in east central United States.
52. (used of certain religious orders) Barefoot or wearing only sandals.
55. (Old Testament) Hebrew prophet and judge who anointed Saul as king.
56. True firs.
62. A penicillinase-resistant form of penicillin (trade name Nafcil) used (usually in the form of its sodium salt) to treat infections caused by penicillin-resistant strains of staphylococci.
63. A category in some early taxonomies.
65. A state in midwestern United States.
69. Shaped like a pouch.
70. A criminal who takes property belonging to someone else with the intention of keeping it or selling it.
71. A port in northern Belgium on the Scheldt river.
72. Smaller of two tall fast-running flightless birds similar to ostriches but three-toed.
73. Any plant of the genus Nigella.
74. Cause to happen or to occur as a consequence.
76. The 7th letter of the Greek alphabet.
79. A radioactive element of the actinide series.
80. A burn cause by hot liquid or steam.
81. (used of opinions and actions) Far beyond the norm.
83. An amino acid that is found in the central nervous system.
84. The basic unit of money in South Africa.
86. The basic unit of money in Cambodia.
87. An organization of countries formed in 1961 to agree on a common policy for the sale of petroleum.
88. An independent agency of the United States government responsible for aviation and spaceflight.
91. A rotating disk shaped to convert circular into linear motion.
94. A small pellet fired from an air rifle or BB gun.
96. Before noon.