1. The site of an archeological exploration.
4. Wood of a sumac.
9. (Greek mythology) Daughter of Zeus and Demeter.
13. Extinct flightless bird of New Zealand.
16. A loose sleeveless outer garment made from aba cloth.
17. Jordan's port.
18. Surpassing the ordinary especially in size or scale.
19. A drug combination found in some over-the-counter headache remedies (Aspirin and Phenacetin and Caffeine).
20. English theoretical physicist who applied relativity theory to quantum mechanics and predicted the existence of antimatter and the positron (1902-1984).
22. A bag used for carrying money and small personal items or accessories (especially by women).
25. The largest continent with 60% of the earth's population.
26. (used of opinions and actions) Far beyond the norm.
28. A blood group antigen possessed by Rh-positive people.
30. A unit of absorbed ionizing radiation equal to 100 ergs per gram of irradiated material.
32. Australian clover fern.
35. An associate degree in nursing.
38. A vigorous blow.
42. Again but in a new or different way.
43. A person who announces and plays popular recorded music.
44. Colloquial British abbreviation.
46. Any of various small insectivorous American birds chiefly olive-gray in color.
47. The taste experience when a savoury condiment is taken into the mouth.
49. A very poisonous metallic element that has three allotropic forms.
51. Employed in accomplishing something.
53. The biblical name for ancient Syria.
54. Any of various deciduous or evergreen ornamental shrubs of the genus Abelia having opposite simple leaves and cymes of small white or pink or purplish flowers.
56. A toxic alkaloid found in certain tropical South American trees that is a powerful relaxant for striated muscles.
58. A member of the Siouan people living in the Yazoo river valley in Mississippi.
59. A shaped mass of baked bread.
60. A city of northern Poland near the mouth of the Vistula River on a gulf of the Baltic Sea.
62. A motley assortment of things.
65. Not in good physical or mental health.
66. The 11th letter of the Greek alphabet.
67. A shed containing a number of beehives.
68. A nap in the early afternoon (especially in hot countries).
71. Perennial herb of East India to Polynesia and Australia cultivated for its large edible root yielding Otaheite arrowroot starch.
72. A long projecting or anterior elongation of an animal's head.
73. Half the width of an em.
74. Periodic shedding of the cuticle in arthropods or the outer skin in reptiles.
76. In or associated with the process of passing from life or ceasing to be.
78. Denuded of leaves.
80. A flat-bottomed volcanic crater that was formed by an explosion.
81. Very dark black.
83. An act of gracious kindness.
86. As hot as if in an oven.
90. (dentistry) A filling consisting of a solid substance (as gold or porcelain) fitted to a cavity in a tooth and cemented into place.
93. A Kwa language spoken in Ghana and the Ivory Coast.
95. A midwestern state in north central United States in the Great Lakes region.
97. A flat wing-shaped process or winglike part of an organism.
98. One of a pair of planks used to make a track for rolling or sliding objects.
99. Slightly open.
100. A loud bombastic declamation expressed with strong emotion.
101. United States liquid unit equal to 4 quarts or 3.785 liters.
102. A large number or amount.
103. A small cake leavened with yeast.
104. An inactive volcano in Sicily.
105. The compass point midway between east and southeast.
1. An informal term for a father.
2. Wading birds of warm regions having long slender down-curved bills.
3. Cassava with long tuberous edible roots and soft brittle stems.
4. An enclosed space.
5. A monarchy in northwestern Europe occupying most of the British Isles.
6. A great raja.
7. A port city in southwestern Iran.
8. Any of various fissiped mammals with nonretractile claws and typically long muzzles.
9. Cubes of meat marinated and cooked on a skewer usually with vegetables.
10. A translucent mineral consisting of hydrated silica of variable color.
11. Gear (including necessary machinery) for a particular enterprise.
12. An international organization of European countries formed after World War II to reduce trade barriers and increase cooperation among its members.
13. Informal terms for a mother.
14. An organization of countries formed in 1961 to agree on a common policy for the sale of petroleum.
15. An inflammatory disease involving the sebaceous glands of the skin.
21. Striped hyena of southeast Africa that feeds chiefly on insects.
23. The district occupied entirely by the city of Washington.
24. A peninsula between the Red Sea and the Persian Gulf.
27. A soft silvery metallic element of the alkali earth group.
29. A trivalent metallic element of the rare earth group.
31. A small pellet fired from an air rifle or BB gun.
33. Or or related to the synthetic phase of metabolism.
34. No longer concealed.
36. The fifth day of the week.
37. Type genus of the Aceraceae.
39. A unit of weight used in some Spanish speaking countries.
40. A man who serves as a sailor.
41. Small genus of low perennial herbs of montane Europe.
45. Port city on southern Honshu on Osaka Bay.
48. A state in New England.
50. One who is playfully mischievous.
52. Derange mentally, throw out of mental balance.
55. (Greek mythology) One of the three Graces.
57. Not invited or requested.
61. An official prosecutor for a judicial district.
63. Any of various primates with short tails or no tail at all.
64. English historian best known for his history of the Roman Empire (1737-1794).
69. English writer (1840-1893).
70. A male monarch or emperor (especially of Russia prior to 1917).
75. A historical region in central and northern Yugoslavia.
77. Refuse to acknowledge.
78. A close friend who accompanies his buddies in their activities.
79. An organ in its earliest stage of development.
82. All the plant and animal life of a particular region.
84. A town and port in northwestern Israel in the eastern Mediterranean.
85. Characteristic of false pride.
87. An Arabic speaking person who lives in Arabia or North Africa.
88. A Chadic language spoken in Chad.
89. Stairway in India leading down to a landing on the water.
91. By bad luck.
92. A university in Connecticut.
94. A light touch or stroke.
95. A Hindu prince or king in India.
96. A hotel providing overnight lodging for travelers.