1. A wooden pin pushed or driven into a surface.
4. A coffee cake flavored with orange rind and raisins and almonds.
9. A slick spokesperson who can turn any criticism to the advantage of their employer.
13. A transuranic element that has not been found in nature.
16. A hospital unit staffed and equipped to provide intensive care.
17. A wicker basket used by anglers to hold fish.
18. Port city that is the capital and largest city of Latvia.
19. Estrangement from god.
20. A narcotic that is considered a hard drug.
22. A region of Malaysia in northeastern Borneo.
24. Painted beauty and red admiral.
26. Type genus of the Amiidae.
27. A dehydrogenated analogue of cortisol (trade names Orasone or Deltasone or Liquid Pred or Meticorten).
29. (nautical) Of an anchor.
30. Sweet pulpy tropical fruit with thick scaly rind and shiny black seeds.
32. Lessen the density or solidity (of a substance).
34. A city in central Georgia southeast of Atlanta.
37. A blue dye obtained from plants or made synthetically.
38. An independent group of closely related Chadic languages spoken in the area between the Biu-Mandara and East Chadic languages.
42. The sciences concerned with gathering and manipulating and storing and retrieving and classifying recorded information.
46. A strategically located monarchy on the southern and eastern coasts of the Arabian Peninsula.
47. Of or relating to or characteristic of the Republic of Chad or its people or language.
49. Liquorice-flavored seeds or oil used in cookies or cakes or pickles.
51. Capital and largest city of Italy.
52. Having or denoting a low vocal or instrumental range.
53. A gonadotropic hormone that is secreted by the anterior pituitary.
54. (used especially of commodities) In the natural unprocessed condition.
55. Alloy of copper and tin and zinc.
57. A frequently visited place.
60. Affect with wonder.
62. Neckwear consisting of a long narrow piece of material worn (mostly by men) under a collar and tied in knot at the front.
63. A silvery ductile metallic element found primarily in bauxite.
64. 100 pyas equal 1 kyat.
65. 100 halers equal 1 koruna.
66. A member of a Turkic people of Uzbekistan and neighboring areas.
69. The basic unit of money in China.
72. A radioactive transuranic metallic element.
73. American gurnard.
75. A genus of Stromateidae.
77. A distinct part that can be specified separately in a group of things that could be enumerated on a list.
78. An intensely radioactive metallic element that occurs in minute amounts in uranium ores.
79. A white crystalline double sulfate of aluminum.
82. (sometimes used ironically) A man of great strength and agility (after the hero of a series of novels by Edgar Rice Burroughs).
89. In favor of (an action or proposal etc.).
90. A spread made chiefly from vegetable oils and used as a substitute for butter.
91. (Greek mythology) Goddess of the earth and mother of Cronus and the Titans in ancient mythology.
93. Any of numerous plants of the genus Plantago.
95. The act of scanning.
96. (Old Testament) In Judeo-Christian mythology.
97. A genus of Mustelidae.
98. Feline mammal usually having thick soft fur and being unable to roar.
99. God of love and erotic desire.
100. A Russian river.
101. Slightly wet.
102. Fermented alcoholic beverage similar to but heavier than beer.
1. A city in Tuscany.
2. Electronic warfare undertaken to insure effective friendly use of the electromagnetic spectrum in spite of the enemy's use of electronic warfare.
3. Hard greenish-brown wood of the lignum vitae tree and other trees of the genus Guaiacum.
4. Date used in reckoning dates before the supposed year Christ was born.
5. Malicious burning to destroy property.
6. Massive plantigrade carnivorous or omnivorous mammals with long shaggy coats and strong claws.
7. Cubes of meat marinated and cooked on a skewer usually with vegetables.
8. By bad luck.
9. A radioactive element of the alkali-metal group discovered as a disintegration product of actinium.
10. Wearing livery.
11. Title for a civil or military leader (especially in Turkey).
12. Valuable fiber plant of East Indies now widespread in cultivation.
13. A former communist country in eastern Europe and northern Asia.
14. Not final or absolute.
15. The act of catching an object with the hands.
21. A group of mostly extinct primitive bony fishes characterized by armor-like bony scales.
23. Roman lyric poet said to have influenced English poetry (65-8 BC).
25. A simple form inferred as the common basis from which related words in several languages can be derived by linguistic processes.
28. A durable fabric formerly loomed by hand in China from natural cotton having a yellowish color.
31. In operation or operational.
33. Late time of life.
35. Speak or write in aphorisms.
36. The battle in 1806 in which Napoleon decisively defeated the Prussians.
39. Without moral standards or principles.
40. United States golfer who was first to win all four major golf tournaments (1902-1999).
41. A port in northern Belgium on the Scheldt river.
43. A confusion of voices and other sounds.
44. Large pan for washing dishes.
45. An analytic or interpretive literary composition.
48. Naked freshwater or marine or parasitic protozoa that form temporary pseudopods for feeding and locomotion.
50. Title for the former hereditary monarch of Iran.
56. A member of the Siouan people of the northern Mississippi valley.
58. Medium-sized tree-dwelling monkey of the Amazon basin.
59. Of or relating to or characteristic of Thailand of its people.
61. Molten rock in the earth's crust.
67. A state in southwestern United States.
68. Lacking in light.
70. Covered with or as if with clothes or a wrap or cloak.
71. An electrically charged particle.
74. A region whose eastern part is Bangladesh and western part is included in India.
75. The sense organ for hearing and equilibrium.
76. Wool of the alpaca.
80. Bearded reddish sheep of southern Asia.
81. A gambling card game of Spanish origin.
83. Type genus of the Alcidae comprising solely the razorbill.
84. A large quantity of written matter.
85. Wild or seedling sweet cherry used as stock for grafting.
86. Avatar of Vishnu.
87. English essayist (1775-1834).
88. Strike sharply.
92. A sweetened beverage of diluted fruit juice.
94. A human limb.