1. A port city on the Caspian Sea that is the capital of Azerbaijan and an important center for oil production.
5. Milk thickened with a butter and flour roux.
13. An Arabic speaking person who lives in Arabia or North Africa.
17. An organic compound that contains a hydroxyl group bonded to a carbon atom which in turn is doubly bonded to another carbon atom.
18. A fatty deposit in the intima (inner lining) of an artery.
19. Tear down so as to make flat with the ground.
20. The process whereby heat changes something from a solid to a liquid.
21. (usually followed by `to' or `for') On the point of or strongly disposed.
22. German physicist who developed the Geiger counter (1882-1945).
24. A grant made by a law court.
26. An agency of the United Nations responsible for programs to aid education and the health of children and mothers in developing countries.
28. Hungarian choreographer who developed Labanotation (1879-1958).
29. Small genus of herbs usually included in the genus Origanum.
30. Scottish geneticist (son of John Haldane) who contributed to the development of population genetics.
32. A white soft metallic element that tarnishes readily.
35. A unit of dry measure used in Egypt.
38. Jordan's port.
44. Manufactured in standard sizes to be shipped and assembled elsewhere.
46. (usually followed by `to') Strongly opposed.
49. The cry made by sheep.
50. A decree that prohibits something.
52. Any of various small biting flies.
54. Belonging to some prior time.
56. Singing jazz.
58. Large arboreal boa of tropical South America.
60. Intense feelings of suffering.
61. A sheet or band of fibrous connective tissue separating or binding together muscles and organs etc.
63. Make less active or intense.
64. Tear or be torn violently.
67. Cubes of meat marinated and cooked on a skewer usually with vegetables.
68. Large gregarious predatory feline of Africa and India having a tawny coat with a shaggy mane in the male.
69. A doctor's degree in religion.
70. Toward the mouth or oral region.
72. A loose sleeveless outer garment made from aba cloth.
74. An informal term for a father.
78. An organism especially a bacterium that requires air or free oxygen for life.
82. According to the Old Testament he was a pagan king of Israel and husband of Jezebel (9th century BC).
86. An informal term for a father.
90. A unit of surface area equal to 100 square meters.
93. Group of people related by blood or marriage.
95. A local computer network for communication between computers.
96. A nucleic acid consisting of large molecules shaped like a double helix.
97. Relating to or applicable to or concerned with the administration of a city or town or district rather than a larger area.
98. Suggestive of the supernatural.
99. A doctor's degree in theology.
1. Area around the altar of a church for the clergy and choir.
2. Again but in a new or different way.
3. A member of a formerly tribal people now living in south central India.
4. A cephalosporin antibiotic (trade name Ultracef).
5. (Scotland) A small loaf or roll of soft bread.
6. An ancient country in central Italy.
7. A communist nation that covers a vast territory in eastern Asia.
8. A reddish-brown chloride of heme.
9. Any of several tall tropical palms native to southeastern Asia having egg-shaped nuts.
10. A manner of performance.
11. The square of a body of any size of type.
12. The act of slowing down or falling behind.
13. Beautiful daughter of Minos and Pasiphae.
14. A motley assortment of things.
15. An association of nations dedicated to economic and political cooperation in southeastern Asia.
16. The capital of Switzerland.
23. (Norse mythology) Goddess of old age who defeated Thor in a wrestling match.
25. A person who announces and plays popular recorded music.
27. The federal agency that insures residential mortgages.
31. Common house and field crickets.
33. Disposed or placed in a particular kind of order.
34. A river in northeastern Brazil that flows generally northward to the Atlantic Ocean.
36. A Protestant layman who assists the minister.
37. A soft silvery metallic element of the alkali earth group.
39. Valuable fiber plant of East Indies now widespread in cultivation.
40. The eleventh month of the civil year.
41. Call upon in supplication.
42. A car that resembles a convertible but has a fixed rigid top.
43. Type genus of the Lycaenidae.
45. (computer science) A computer that is running software that allows users to leave messages and access information of general interest.
47. The capital and largest city of Yemen.
48. An island of central Hawaii.
51. A radioactive element of the actinide series.
53. A titled peer of the realm.
55. Any of various parasites that live in the internal organs of animals (especially intestinal worms).
57. The basic unit of money in Bangladesh.
59. A white metallic element that burns with a brilliant light.
62. Inhabitant of the island of Cebu.
65. A stick that people can lean on to help them walk.
66. A federal agency established to regulate the release of new foods and health-related products.
71. Take something away by force or without the consent of the owner.
73. An official prosecutor for a judicial district.
75. Type genus of the Ardeidae.
76. Move unobtrusively or furtively.
77. Being ten more than one hundred ninety.
79. Earn on some commercial or business transaction.
80. Any of numerous local fertility and nature deities worshipped by ancient Semitic peoples.
81. Any competition.
83. The handle of a sword or dagger.
84. A woman hired to suckle a child of someone else.
85. An unofficial association of people or groups.
87. An enclosed space.
88. A federal agency established to coordinate programs aimed at reducing pollution and protecting the environment.
89. One or some or every or all without specification.
91. A silvery ductile metallic element found primarily in bauxite.
92. An uproarious party.
93. A state in midwestern United States.
94. A colorless and odorless inert gas.