1. A flexible container with a single opening.
4. A large number or amount.
9. Strong dark beer brewed in the fall and aged through the winter for spring consumption.
13. Strong liquor flavored with juniper berries.
16. A benevolent aspect of Devi.
17. A mountain in the Himalayas in northern India (25,450 feet high).
18. (Old Testament) In Judeo-Christian mythology.
19. Black tropical American cuckoo.
20. (informal) Very bad.
22. Not eaten or used up.
25. A rule made by a local authority to regulate its own affairs.
26. Someone who promotes or exchanges goods or services for money.
28. A bag used for carrying money and small personal items or accessories (especially by women).
31. A member of the Semitic speaking people of northern Ethiopia.
34. The great hall in ancient Persian palaces.
37. The hair growing on the lower part of a man's face.
42. A Chadic language spoken in northern Nigeria and closely related to Hausa.
43. The syllable naming the sixth (submediant) note of a major or minor scale in solmization.
45. The compass point that is one point east (clockwise) of due north.
46. A dull persistent (usually moderately intense) pain.
48. White crystalline compound used as a food additive to enhance flavor.
49. The capital of the Mexican state of Yucatan.
51. Go away from the surface to which it is adsorbed, of a substance.
53. 100 puls equal 1 afghani.
55. Title used for a married Frenchwoman.
57. (Irish) The sea personified.
58. (Greek mythology) Greek god of darkness who dwelt in the underworld.
60. A promontory in northern Morocco opposite the Rock of Gibraltar.
63. An intensely radioactive metallic element that occurs in minute amounts in uranium ores.
64. The branch of computer science that deal with writing computer programs that can solve problems creatively.
67. American novelist (1909-1955).
68. Either of two large African antelopes of the genus Taurotragus having short spirally twisted horns in both sexes.
70. A soft silvery metallic element of the alkali earth group.
71. Striped hyena of southeast Africa that feeds chiefly on insects.
73. A radioactive transuranic element.
74. English scholastic philosopher and assumed author of Occam's Razor (1285-1349).
77. A period marked by distinctive character or reckoned from a fixed point or event.
78. Soreness and warmth caused by friction.
81. Cubes of meat marinated and cooked on a skewer usually with vegetables.
83. Jordan's port.
87. Resinlike substance secreted by certain lac insects.
88. Of or relating to a creed.
92. Being one more than two.
93. A specific piece of work required to be done as a duty or for a specific fee.
94. A strip of land projecting into a body of water.
96. American prizefighter who won the world heavyweight championship three times (born in 1942).
97. Leaf or strip from a leaf of the talipot palm used in India for writing paper.
98. A singular metaphysical entity from which material properties are said to derive.
99. (Babylonian) God of storms and wind.
100. A widely distributed system consisting of all the cells able to ingest bacteria or colloidal particles etc, except for certain white blood cells.
1. A modified bud consisting of a thickened globular underground stem serving as a reproductive structure.
2. Any of the forms of Chinese spoken in Fukien province.
3. A person of French descent.
4. Toward the sky.
5. A white metallic element that burns with a brilliant light.
6. A doctor's degree in musical arts.
7. The brightest star in Cygnus.
8. An ancient upright stone slab bearing markings.
9. Moderate or restrain.
10. A European river.
11. Airtight sealed metal container for food or drink or paint etc..
12. A metric unit of length equal to 1000 meters (or 0.621371 miles).
13. Supernatural half-man and half-bird vehicle or bearer of Vishnu.
14. Chief god of the Rig-Veda.
15. The seventh month of the civil year.
21. The world's largest desert (3,500,000 square miles) in North Africa.
23. Primitive chlorophyll-containing mainly aquatic eukaryotic organisms lacking true stems and roots and leaves.
24. A habitual liar (after a New Testament character who was struck dead for lying).
27. A loose sleeveless outer garment made from aba cloth.
29. A silvery soft waxy metallic element of the alkali metal group.
30. Combined or joined to increase in size or quantity or scope.
32. Of or relating to measure.
33. An instance of intense argument (as in bargaining).
35. Low stingless nettle of Central and South America having velvety brownish-green toothed leaves and clusters of small green flowers.
36. A white linen liturgical vestment with sleeves.
38. (cosmology) The original matter that (according to the big bang theory) existed before the formation of the chemical elements.
39. Mostly black African weaverbird.
40. Wither, esp. with a loss of moisture.
41. Put someone through a debriefing and make him report.
44. A constellation in the southern hemisphere near Telescopium and Norma.
47. Arboreal nocturnal mammal of southeast Asia and the Philippines resembling a lemur and having a fold of skin on each side from neck to tail that is used for long gliding leaps.
50. A Chadic language spoken south of Lake Chad.
52. An international organization of European countries formed after World War II to reduce trade barriers and increase cooperation among its members.
54. The basic unit of money in Great Britain.
56. English essayist (1775-1834).
59. A popular vacation spot in the Canadian Rockies.
61. A river in north central Switzerland that runs northeast into the Rhine.
62. New Zealand timber tree resembling the cypress.
65. The elementary stages of any subject (usually plural).
66. Genus of American of east Asian perennial herbs with yellow to orange or red flower rays.
67. An ancient upright stone slab bearing markings.
69. Any of various spiny trees or shrubs of the genus Acacia.
72. Covered with or as if with clothes or a wrap or cloak.
75. Yellow-fever mosquitos.
76. A master's degree in business.
79. Precipitation of ice pellets when there are strong rising air currents.
80. Electronic warfare undertaken to insure effective friendly use of the electromagnetic spectrum in spite of the enemy's use of electronic warfare.
82. Type genus of the Alcidae comprising solely the razorbill.
84. (botany) Of or relating to the axil.
85. A large bundle bound for storage or transport.
86. A straight line through a body or figure that satisfies certain conditions.
89. The 17th letter of the Greek alphabet.
90. The longest division of geological time.
91. A health resort near a spring or at the seaside.
95. A public promotion of some product or service.