1. A lipoprotein that transports cholesterol in the blood.
4. An independent agency of the United States government responsible for aviation and spaceflight.
8. Carbon fuel produced by distillation of coal.
12. Relating to the Urdu language.
16. Being one more than two.
17. (Greek mythology) God of love.
18. Using speech rather than writing.
19. French physicist noted for research on magnetism (born in 1904).
20. A guided missile fired from shipboard against an airborne target.
21. A member of an American Indian peoples of NE South America and the Lesser Antilles.
23. A proinflammatory cytokine that is produced by white blood cells (monocytes and macrophages).
24. (statistics) Approximating the statistical norm or average or expected value.
25. A member of a Turkic people of Uzbekistan and neighboring areas.
27. The second wife of Henry VIII of England and mother of Elizabeth I.
30. A republic on the west coast of Africa.
32. The act of scanning.
35. Beyond what is natural.
37. (Babylonian) God of storms and wind.
41. The capital and largest city of Mongolia.
42. Enduring strength and energy.
44. (Hindu) A manner of sitting (as in the practice of Yoga).
46. Long-winged web-footed aquatic bird of the gull family.
48. A fundamental principle or practice.
49. Of textiles.
53. Providing sophisticated amusement by virtue of having artificially (and vulgarly) mannered or banal or sentimental qualities.
54. An ester of adenosine that is converted to ATP for energy storage.
57. Plant with an elongated head of broad stalked leaves resembling celery.
59. Highly excited.
60. Any of numerous local fertility and nature deities worshipped by ancient Semitic peoples.
62. Mythical bird of prey having enormous size and strength.
63. (Babylonian) A demigod or first man.
65. Sometimes placed in family Hyacinthaceae.
68. An intensely radioactive metallic element that occurs in minute amounts in uranium ores.
69. Large dark brown North American arboreal carnivorous mammal.
71. Fertility goddess in ancient Greek mythology.
72. Essential oil or perfume obtained from flowers.
74. A constitutional monarchy in a tiny enclave on the French Riviera.
77. A city in southern Turkey on the Seyhan River.
79. A translucent mineral consisting of hydrated silica of variable color.
80. Numbered or proceeding by tens.
85. Short-horned dark-coated goat antelope of mountain areas of south and southeast Asia.
88. A spacecraft that carries astronauts from the command module to the surface of the moon and back.
91. A rare chronic progressive encephalitis caused by the measles virus and occurring primarily in children and young adults.
92. A unit of surface area equal to 100 square meters.
93. God of fire.
94. A member of an Iroquoian people formerly living on the south shore of Lake Erie in northern Ohio and northwest Pennsylvania and western New York.
96. A branch of the Tai languages.
97. A boy or man.
98. The basic unit of money in China.
99. Having been read.
100. Type genus of the Alcidae comprising solely the razorbill.
1. A Loloish language.
2. Portuguese explorer who in 1488 was the first European to get round the Cape of Good Hope (thus establishing a sea route from the Atlantic to Asia) (1450-1500).
3. One of the jointed appendages of an animal used for locomotion or grasping.
4. The part of an organism that connects the head to the rest of the body.
5. A constellation in the southern hemisphere near Telescopium and Norma.
6. A material that sorbs another substance.
7. A genus of European owls.
8. A heavy odorless colorless gas formed during respiration and by the decomposition of organic substances.
9. Any of several East Indian birds.
10. A Dravidian language spoken in southern India.
11. (folklore) Fairies that are somewhat mischievous.
12. Cause to lose one's nerve.
13. A submerged ridge of rock or coral near the surface of the water.
14. Lacking or deprive of the sense of hearing wholly or in part.
15. The inner and longer of the two bones of the human forearm.
22. The organic process of bearing flowers.
26. A loose narrow strip of skin near the base of a fingernail.
28. Of or relating to or characteristic of the Jews or their culture or religion.
29. A vehicle carrying many passengers.
31. A soft silvery metallic element of the alkali earth group.
33. Tiny lobster-like crustaceans usually boiled briefly.
34. Roman general who commanded the fleet that defeated the forces of Antony and Cleopatra at Actium (63-12 BC).
36. A republic on the western coast of central Africa.
38. Of or relating to the palm of the hand.
39. Using a pronoun or other pro-word instead of repeating a word.
40. Type genus of the Caryocaraceae.
43. Goddess of spring and wife of Bragi.
45. Speaking a Slavic language.
47. A metric unit of volume equal to one tenth of a liter.
50. A religious doctrine that is proclaimed as true without proof.
51. Informal terms for clothing.
52. A region of Malaysia in northeastern Borneo.
55. A white metallic element that burns with a brilliant light.
56. Submerged aquatic plant having narrow leaves and small flowers.
58. Strike with disgust or revulsion.
61. Of or relating to or involving an area.
64. A former agency (from 1946 to 1974) that was responsible for research into atomic energy and its peacetime uses in the United States.
66. Someone who tricks or coerces men into service as sailors or soldiers.
67. Painted beauty and red admiral.
68. A submerged ridge of rock or coral near the surface of the water.
70. A member of an aboriginal people living in the hills in southeastern India.
73. Of or relating to or near the tarsus of the foot.
75. A drama set to music.
76. Given or having a specified name.
78. A very poisonous metallic element that has three allotropic forms.
81. An inactive volcano in Sicily.
82. (Old Testament) Cain and Abel were the first children of Adam and Eve born after the Fall of Man.
83. Being nine more than forty.
84. A river in north central Switzerland that runs northeast into the Rhine.
85. A quantity of no importance.
86. An organization of countries formed in 1961 to agree on a common policy for the sale of petroleum.
87. Flightless New Zealand rail of thievish disposition having short wings each with a spur used in fighting.
89. A coral reef off the southern coast of Florida.
90. A piece of furniture that provides a place to sleep.
95. A state in midwestern United States.