1. The highest level or degree attainable.
5. (of a fluid) Having been propelled about in flying drops or masses.
13. A state in the western United States.
17. A protective covering that covers or forms the top of a building.
18. Prince's plume.
19. Ctenophores lacking tentacles.
20. Jam-spread sponge cake soaked in wine served with custard sauce.
22. A deceitful and unreliable scoundrel.
23. The bags of letters and packages that are transported by the postal service.
24. A dress worn primarily by Hindu women.
27. Anneal or toughen by a process of gradually heating and cooling.
29. A poisonous colorless flammable gas used in organic synthesis and to dope transistors and as a poison gas in warfare.
31. Type genus of the family Tridacnidae.
34. An ache localized in the middle or inner ear.
37. (Akkadian) God of wisdom.
38. A member of the Siouan people formerly living in the western Dakotas.
41. A metric unit of volume equal to one thousandth of a liter.
42. A person's brother or sister.
44. The cardinal number that is the sum of seven and one.
46. A region of central Europe rich in deposits of coal and iron ore.
49. A slow speech pattern with prolonged vowels.
52. A short trip that is taken in the performance of a necessary task or mission.
56. Someone deranged and possibly dangerous.
57. A dark region of considerable extent on the surface of the moon.
58. Russian founder of the Bolsheviks and leader of the Russian Revolution and first head of the USSR (1870-1924).
59. United States photographer remembered for her portraits of rural workers during the Depression (1895-1965).
61. Small area set off by walls for special use.
63. A rapid series of short loud sounds (as might be heard with a stethoscope in some types of respiratory disorders).
64. A public promotion of some product or service.
67. Worn or shabby from overuse or (of pages) from having corners turned down.
70. According to the Old Testament he was a pagan king of Israel and husband of Jezebel (9th century BC).
75. A member of a Turkic people of Uzbekistan and neighboring areas.
78. Having the wind against the forward side of the sails.
79. Type genus of the Alcidae comprising solely the razorbill.
81. Tag the base runner to get him out.
82. The younger brother of Edwy who became king of Northumbria when it renounced Edwy.
84. Type genus of the Amiidae.
87. Black tropical American cuckoo.
88. The United Nations agency concerned with international maritime activities.
89. United States physicist (born in Austria) who proposed the exclusion principle (thus providing a theoretical basis for the periodic table) (1900-1958).
90. A Chadic language spoken south of Lake Chad.
91. The force of workers available.
92. Annual grass of Europe and North Africa.
93. (Old Testament) The second patriarch.
94. Type genus of the Aceraceae.
95. A sweetened beverage of diluted fruit juice.
1. Studies intended to provide general knowledge and intellectual skills (rather than occupational or professional skills).
2. (Greek mythology) Daughter of Zeus and Demeter.
3. The 3 goddesses of fate or destiny.
4. A former Turkish term of respect.
5. The compass point midway between south and southeast.
6. A heavy precious metallic element.
7. A popular tourist area in northwestern England including England's largest lake and highest mountain.
8. A former copper coin of Pakistan.
9. Speaking a Slavic language.
10. Small genus of South American trees yielding latex.
11. A drop from an eye dropper.
12. An official prosecutor for a judicial district.
13. Not possessing qualities befitting a man.
14. A member of a nomadic Berber people of the Sahara.
15. A nearly horizontal passage from the surface into a mine.
16. Exhibiting or restored to vigorous good health.
21. A Russian river.
25. The fine downy hair covering a human fetus.
26. An independent agency of the United States government responsible for collecting and coordinating intelligence and counterintelligence activities abroad in the national interest.
28. The persistence of a sound after its source has stopped.
30. French romantic writer (1766-1817).
32. Line that is the commercial organization responsible for operating a railway system.
33. A cut of pork ribs with much of the meat trimmed off.
35. Pose a threat to.
36. A crystalline amino acid that occurs in many proteins.
39. An island off southern Alaska in the Gulf of Alaska.
40. (of tempo) Leisurely n.
43. A nobleman (in various countries) of varying rank.
45. The upper house of the parliament of the Republic of Ireland.
47. (Spanish) Sweetened red wine and orange or lemon juice with soda water.
48. Hinge joint in the human leg connecting the tibia and fibula with the femur and protected in front by the patella.
50. Small carnivorous mammal with short legs and elongated body and neck.
51. Indian nun and missionary (born in Albania) dedicated to helping the poor in India (1910-1997).
53. A trivalent metallic element of the rare earth group.
54. A unit of luminous flux equal to the amount of light given out through a solid angle of 1 steradian by a point source of 1 candela intensity radiating uniformly in all directions.
55. Being ten more than one hundred forty.
60. Shrubby tree widely distributed along tropical shores.
61. A popular tourist area in northwestern England including England's largest lake and highest mountain.
62. A white mineral consisting of magnesium sulphate and potassium chloride.
65. A white soft metallic element that tarnishes readily.
66. An esoteric or occult matter that is traditionally secret.
68. An intensely radioactive metallic element that occurs in minute amounts in uranium ores.
69. The superior of an abbey of monks.
71. Of or relating to or containing barium.
72. Jordan's port.
73. (of complexion) Blemished by imperfections of the skin.
74. A state in New England.
76. The battle in 202 BC in which Scipio decisively defeated Hannibal at the end of the second Punic War.
77. A cap with a flat circular top and a visor.
80. A Tibetan or Mongolian priest of Lamaism.
83. Any of several small ungulate mammals of Africa and Asia with rodent-like incisors and feet with hooflike toes.
85. (British) A waterproof raincoat made of rubberized fabric.
86. A river in north central Switzerland that runs northeast into the Rhine.