1. A port in southern Lebanon on the Mediterranean Sea.
4. The longest river of Asia.
9. Avatar of Vishnu.
13. (Roman mythology) Goddess of abundance and fertility.
16. Electronic equipment that provides visual images of varying electrical quantities.
17. The lofty nest of a bird of prey (such as a hawk or eagle).
18. Any group or radical of the form RCO- where R is an organic group.
19. (British) A waterproof raincoat made of rubberized fabric.
20. Title for a civil or military leader (especially in Turkey).
21. Tired to the point of exhaustion.
22. The process of becoming softened and saturated as a consequence of being immersed in water (or other liquid).
23. An undergarment worn by women to support their breasts.
24. A member of an agricultural people of southern India.
26. A city in western Lithuania on the Baltic Sea.
28. Before noon.
30. A public promotion of some product or service.
32. Surrealist Spanish painter (1904-1989).
34. An association of people to promote the welfare of senior citizens.
39. Bur marigolds.
43. A member of an Algonquian people living in central Canada.
44. Denoting a quantity consisting of six items or units.
45. A large oven for firing or burning or drying such things as porcelain or bricks.
47. Not carefully or expertly made.
48. Wear away.
50. (archaic) A fitting reward.
52. The atomic weight of an element that has the same combining capacity as a given weight of another element.
53. A person who acts and gets things done.
54. The large yellow root of a rutabaga plant used as food.
56. Used as a Hindi courtesy title.
58. A period marked by distinctive character or reckoned from a fixed point or event.
60. Fill with high spirits.
62. (used informally) Very small.
63. Aristocratic Italian family of powerful merchants and bankers who ruled Florence in the 15th century.
65. A silvery soft waxy metallic element of the alkali metal group.
66. (bridge) A bid that is higher than your opponent's bid (especially when your partner has not bid at all and your bid exceeds the value of your hand).
69. A state in midwestern United States.
70. A performer who provides erotic entertainment by undressing to music.
72. A particular geographical region of indefinite boundary (usually serving some special purpose or distinguished by its people or culture or geography).
73. Report or maintain.
76. Devoid of warmth and cordiality.
77. Stable gear consisting of either of two curved supports that are attached to the collar of a draft horse and that hold the traces.
79. Thigh of a hog (usually smoked).
84. A correctional institution used to detain persons who are in the lawful custody of the government (either accused persons awaiting trial or convicted persons serving a sentence).
90. A legal document codifying the result of deliberations of a committee or society or legislative body.
93. West Indian tree having racemes of fragrant white flowers and yielding a durable timber and resinous juice.
94. A transuranic element that has not been found in nature.
95. (botany) Relating to a plant of the family Araceae.
96. Biennial Eurasian plant usually having a swollen edible root.
98. A rotating disk shaped to convert circular into linear motion.
99. Towards the side away from the wind.
100. Tropical Asian starlings.
101. A Chadic language spoken in northern Nigeria.
102. A loose sleeveless outer garment made from aba cloth.
103. A rare heavy polyvalent metallic element that resembles manganese chemically and is used in some alloys.
1. Someone who works (or provides workers) during a strike.
2. The capital and largest city of Mongolia.
3. Taking place over public roads.
4. Open-heart surgery in which the rib cage is opened and a section of a blood vessel is grafted from the aorta to the coronary artery to bypass the blocked section of the coronary artery and improve the blood supply to the heart.
5. Goddess of the dead and queen of the underworld.
6. A unit of surface area equal to 100 square meters.
7. The capital and largest city of Niger.
8. Slender east African antelope with slim neck and backward-curving horns.
9. Tear down so as to make flat with the ground.
10. (archaic) Of persons.
11. Type genus of the family Myacidae.
12. (chemistry) Relating to or containing an alkali.
13. The executive agency that advises the President on the federal budget.
14. (obstetrics) The number of live-born children a woman has delivered.
15. Any of a number of fishes of the family Carangidae.
25. Give a certain impression or have a certain outward aspect.
27. A percussion instrument with wooden bars tuned to produce a chromatic scale and with resonators.
29. The vein in the center of a leaf.
31. Being one more than sixty.
33. The blood group whose red cells carry both the A and B antigens.
35. Of or relating to or formed by trees.
36. Read anew.
37. Too ripe.
38. Dependent on chance.
40. A bivalent and trivalent metallic element of the rare earth group.
41. A Bantu language sometimes considered a dialect of Zulu.
42. Any abnormality following or resulting from a disease or injury or treatment.
46. A desert in southern Israel.
49. Comb-plate or locomotor organ consisting of a row of strong cilia whose bases are fused.
51. An official prosecutor for a judicial district.
55. Paralysis of the vocal cords resulting in an inability to speak.
57. (sometimes followed by `of') Having or showing realization or perception.
59. A radioactive element of the actinide series.
61. A nonmetallic largely pentavalent heavy volatile corrosive dark brown liquid element belonging to the halogens.
64. Conforming to an ultimate standard of perfection or excellence.
67. Increased or intensified in value or beauty or quality.
68. A medieval hood of mail suspended from a basinet to protect the head and neck.
71. (computer science) A coding system that incorporates extra parity bits in order to detect errors.
74. A mountain in the central Himalayas on the border of Tibet and Nepal (27,890 feet high).
75. A metric unit of weight equal to one thousandth of a kilogram.
78. (biology) Of unlike parts or organs.
80. (folklore) A corpse that rises at night to drink the blood of the living.
81. A hard malleable ductile silvery metallic element that is resistant to corrosion.
82. Cubes of meat marinated and cooked on a skewer usually with vegetables.
83. Small terrestrial lizard of warm regions of the Old World.
85. An inflammatory disease involving the sebaceous glands of the skin.
86. Cover from sight.
87. A primeval personification of air and breath.
88. English writer and a central member of the Fabian Society (1858-1943).
89. Large burrowing rodent of South and Central America.
91. The most common computer memory which can be used by programs to perform necessary tasks while the computer is on.
92. Hormone secreted by the posterior pituitary gland (trade name Pitressin) and also by nerve endings in the hypothalamus.
97. (Akkadian) God of wisdom.