1. A flat device with narrow pointed teeth on one edge.
5. A barbiturate (trade name Nembutal) used as a sedative and hypnotic and anti-spasmodic.
13. An anxiety disorder associated with serious traumatic events and characterized by such symptoms as guilt about surviving or reliving the trauma in dreams or numbness and lack of involvement with reality or recurrent thoughts and images.
17. The capital of Western Samoa.
18. Excessively fastidious and easily disgusted.
19. The United Nations agency concerned with atomic energy.
20. Beetle that produces a secretion that blisters the skin.
21. Steps consisting of two parallel members connected by rungs.
22. At a previous time.
23. An Arabic speaking person who lives in Arabia or North Africa.
24. An independent ruler or chieftain (especially in Africa or Arabia).
26. The capital and largest city of Yemen.
30. Genus of prickly shrubs and small trees of the Caribbean region.
31. Any branch of Shinto other than Kokka.
34. An inhabitant of Lappland.
37. The bill in a restaurant.
40. Of or relating to or characteristic of Hades or Tartarus.
44. (Akkadian) God of wisdom.
45. Of or concerning this.
47. (Brit) An area of open or forested country.
49. The lower part of the abdomen just above the external genital organs.
51. The mast nearest the bow in vessels with two or more masts.
53. In addition.
54. East Indian evergreen tree bearing very acid fruit.
56. A Spanish title of respect for a man.
57. The granite-like rocks that form the outermost layer of the earth's crust.
58. The right to take another's property if an obligation is not discharged.
59. A city in southern Turkey on the Seyhan River.
60. Cooking utensil consisting of a wide metal vessel.
63. Kamarupan languages spoken in northeastern India and western Burma.
65. (Islam) The man who leads prayers in a mosque.
66. The Palestinian uprising (beginning in 1987) against the Israeli occupation of the West Bank and Gaza Strip.
69. A state in northwestern North America.
70. City in southwestern Colombia in a rich agricultural area.
71. (British) Your grandmother.
72. Antibacterial drug (trade name Nydrazid) used to treat tuberculosis.
75. Any plant of the genus Bergenia.
83. (Old Testament) The second patriarch.
85. A Chadic language spoken south of Lake Chad.
86. Someone (especially a woman) who annoys people by constantly finding fault.
87. The capital and largest city of Ghana with a deep-water port.
90. Avatar of Vishnu.
92. A spacecraft that carries astronauts from the command module to the surface of the moon and back.
93. Owed and payable immediately or on demand.
94. An avalanche volcanic water and mud down the slopes of a volcano.
95. Someone who works (or provides workers) during a strike.
96. A federal agency established to regulate the release of new foods and health-related products.
1. Any of several plants of the genus Camassia.
2. A drama set to music.
3. The capital of Lombardy in northern Italy.
4. African tree having an exceedingly thick trunk and fruit that resembles a gourd and has an edible pulp called monkey bread.
5. A connecting point at which several lines come together.
6. A unit of energy equal to the work done by an electron accelerated through a potential difference of 1 volt.
7. A noisy riotous fight.
8. Type genus of the Bramidae.
9. Beneath the surface of the sea.
10. The periodic rise and fall of the sea level under the gravitational pull of the moon.
11. Type genus of the Aceraceae.
12. (Irish) The sea personified.
13. Having sections or patches colored differently and usually brightly.
14. National capital of Kiribati.
15. A strong-smelling plant from whose dried leaves a number of euphoriant and hallucinogenic drugs are prepared.
16. The specified day of the month.
25. A silvery ductile metallic element found primarily in bauxite.
27. An ancient city in southeastern Greece.
28. The longer of the two telegraphic signals used in Morse code.
29. The syllable naming the fourth (subdominant) note of the diatonic scale in solmization.
32. Tropical and subtropical marine and freshwater fishes having an elongated body and long protruding lower jaw.
33. An act that makes a previous act of no effect (as if not done).
35. Concerning or affecting a particular person or his or her private life and personality.
36. Highly seasoned cut of smoked beef.
38. Relating to or caused by wind.
39. Of or relating to the power (the shattering effect) of an explosive.
41. Absent without permission.
42. (Judeo-Christian religion) Chief spirit of evil and adversary of God.
43. A port city of south central Ukraine on an arm of the Black Sea.
46. An organic compound that contains a hydroxyl group bonded to a carbon atom which in turn is doubly bonded to another carbon atom.
48. The capital of Bahrain.
50. A rechargeable battery with a nickel cathode and a cadmium anode.
52. Health care for the needy.
55. Tropical Asian starlings.
61. United States educator who introduced reforms that significantly altered the system of public education (1796-1859).
62. (Greek mythology) Goddess of the earth and mother of Cronus and the Titans in ancient mythology.
64. A state in the southeastern United States on the Gulf of Mexico.
67. Any tree or shrub of the genus Inga having pinnate leaves and showy usually white flowers.
68. Foul with waste matter.
69. A lyric poem with complex stanza forms.
73. English theoretical physicist who applied relativity theory to quantum mechanics and predicted the existence of antimatter and the positron (1902-1984).
74. A metric unit of volume equal to one tenth of a liter.
76. (Old Testament) The eldest son of Isaac who would have inherited the Covenant that God made with Abraham and that Abraham passed on to Isaac.
77. A feeling of intense anger.
78. A contagious skin infection caused by the itch mite.
79. Gymnastic apparatus consisting of two parallel wooden bars supported on uprights.
80. Young of domestic cattle.
81. In bed.
82. A Tibetan or Mongolian priest of Lamaism.
84. 4-wheeled motor vehicle.
88. A white metallic element that burns with a brilliant light.
89. An intensely radioactive metallic element that occurs in minute amounts in uranium ores.
91. The blood group whose red cells carry both the A and B antigens.