1. The compass point that is midway between north and northwest.
4. A Russian prison camp for political prisoners.
9. An amino acid that is found in the central nervous system.
13. To what extent or amount or degree.
16. A unit of surface area equal to 100 square meters.
17. The fourth month of the Hindu calendar.
18. Harsh or corrosive in tone.
19. A flat wing-shaped process or winglike part of an organism.
20. The town was taken from the Turks by the Russians in 1877 after a siege of 143 days.
22. South African plant widely cultivated for its showy pure white spathe and yellow spadix.
25. The blood group whose red cells carry both the A and B antigens.
26. A soft white precious univalent metallic element having the highest electrical and thermal conductivity of any metal.
29. A resident of Indiana.
31. An iconic mental representation.
33. A state in midwestern United States.
35. Motherless calf in a range herd of cattle.
39. English scholastic philosopher and assumed author of Occam's Razor (1285-1349).
43. Half the width of an em.
44. Not out.
45. Tropical woody herb with showy yellow flowers and flat pods.
49. A town in southwestern Idaho.
51. The United Nations agency concerned with the interests of labor.
52. The arch of bone beneath the eye that forms the prominence of the cheek.
53. (computer science) Written programs or procedures or rules and associated documentation pertaining to the operation of a computer system and that are stored in read/write memory.
54. Women's stockings made from a sheer material (nylon or rayon or silk).
57. (Sumerian) God of the air and king of the Sumerian gods.
59. The 13th letter of the Hebrew alphabet.
60. The act of mimicking.
61. A small skullcap.
62. Port city in the United Arab Emirates on the Persian Gulf.
63. A unit of luminous flux equal to the amount of light given out through a solid angle of 1 steradian by a point source of 1 candela intensity radiating uniformly in all directions.
64. Any of various small to minute sucking insects with narrow feathery wings if any.
67. A quantity of no importance.
68. (Akkadian) God of wisdom.
69. A island in the Netherlands Antilles that is the top of an extinct volcano.
71. The French-speaking capital of the province of Quebec.
74. A radioactive element of the actinide series.
76. A Powhatan Indian woman (the daughter of Powhatan) who befriended the English at Jamestown and is said to have saved Captain John Smith's life (1595-1617).
80. A family of Sino-Tibetan languages spoken in southeastern Asia.
85. Having services engaged for a fee.
86. Title for a civil or military leader (especially in Turkey).
87. One of the three Furies.
91. The number that is represented as a one followed by 6 zeros.
92. (botany) Relating to a plant of the family Araceae.
93. An utterance expressing pain or disapproval.
95. Artists or writers whose ideas are ahead of their time.
96. A sweetened beverage of diluted fruit juice.
97. In a desperate manner.
98. A French abbot.
99. A loose sleeveless outer garment made from aba cloth.
100. A metric unit of length equal to one billionth of a meter.
1. Plant with an elongated head of broad stalked leaves resembling celery.
2. Agency of the United States government charged with mediating disputes between management and labor.
3. (used informally) Very small.
4. Underworld organizations.
5. North American republic containing 50 states - 48 conterminous states in North America plus Alaska in northwest North America and the Hawaiian Islands in the Pacific Ocean.
6. A white soft metallic element that tarnishes readily.
7. Requiring secret or mysterious knowledge.
8. A republic in West Africa on the Gulf of Guinea.
9. Offering fun and gaiety.
10. Any of various spiny trees or shrubs of the genus Acacia.
11. A heavy brittle diamagnetic trivalent metallic element (resembles arsenic and antimony chemically).
12. A public promotion of some product or service.
13. (Judaism) A chant of praise (Psalms 113 through 118) used at Passover and Shabuoth and Sukkoth and Hanukkah and Rosh Hodesh.
14. Evergreen trees and shrubs having oily one-seeded fruits.
15. A large number or amount.
21. Someone who willfully destroys or defaces property.
23. United States sculptor and architect whose public works include the memorial to veterans of the Vietnam War in Washington (born in 1959).
24. A town in east central Michigan on an arm of Lake Huron.
27. South American plant cultivated for its large fragrant trumpet-shaped flowers.
28. (of devices and processes) Protected by patent.
30. A class of proteins produced in lymph tissue in vertebrates and that function as antibodies in the immune response.
32. A chronic progressive nervous disorder involving loss of myelin sheath around certain nerve fibers.
34. A genus of herbs and shrubs belonging to the family Euphorbiaceae.
36. The capital of Moldova.
37. Interpret by lipreading.
38. A lack of vitality.
40. An irritable petulant feeling.
41. Someone who lends money or gives credit in business matters.
42. An associate degree in nursing.
46. A syndrome that occurs in many women from 2 to 14 days before the onset of menstruation.
47. Fleshy spore-bearing inner mass of e.g. a puffball or stinkhorn.
48. The ambiguity of an individual word or phrase that can be used (in different contexts) to express two or more different meanings.
50. Arboreal snake of central and southern Africa whose bite is often fatal.
55. State in eastern India on the Bay of Bengal.
56. Monotypic genus of palms of Australasia.
58. A black resinous substance obtained from certain trees and used as a natural varnish.
63. Unwind or untwist.
65. An enclosed space.
66. A master's degree in business.
70. A soft silvery metallic element of the alkali earth group.
72. A colorless odorless gas used as fuel.
73. A condensed but memorable saying embodying some important fact of experience that is taken as true by many people.
75. Having a tone of a reed instrument.
77. An anti-TNF compound (trade name Arava) that is given orally.
78. Cubes of meat marinated and cooked on a skewer usually with vegetables.
79. A city in southern Turkey on the Seyhan River.
81. Advanced in years.
82. (Islam) The man who leads prayers in a mosque.
83. Horny plate covering and protecting part of the dorsal surface of the digits.
84. Fallow deer.
85. An independent agency of the United States government responsible for collecting and coordinating intelligence and counterintelligence activities abroad in the national interest.
88. A period marked by distinctive character or reckoned from a fixed point or event.
89. The supernatural being conceived as the perfect and omnipotent and omniscient originator and ruler of the universe.
90. A compartment in front of a motor vehicle where driver sits.
94. A Russian river.