1. A piece of metal covered by leather with a flexible handle.
5. Little known Kamarupan languages.
9. A Loloish language.
13. White crystalline compound used as a food additive to enhance flavor.
16. Type genus of the Alcidae comprising solely the razorbill.
17. Plant with an elongated head of broad stalked leaves resembling celery.
18. Plants with sword-shaped leaves and erect stalks bearing bright-colored flowers composed of three petals and three drooping sepals.
19. United States musician (born in Japan) who married John Lennon and collaborated with him on recordings (born in 1933).
20. Any of various edible seeds of plants of the family Leguminosae.
21. Having an eye or eyes or eyelike feature especially as specified.
22. Type genus of the Majidae.
23. (British) Your grandmother.
24. A cushion on a throne for a prince in India.
26. A radioactive element of the actinide series.
29. A state-chartered savings bank owned by its depositors and managed by a board of trustees.
32. Necessary for relief or supply.
34. A narcotic drug that contains opium or an opium derivative.
39. Any of numerous showy orchids of the genus Vanda having many large flowers in loose racemes.
41. Weapons considered collectively.
43. A software system that facilitates the creation and maintenance and use of an electronic database.
47. A city in western Germany.
48. Small spiny outgrowth on the wings of certain insects.
49. A shape that sags.
50. Any of various long-tailed rodents similar to but larger than a mouse.
51. A Chadic language spoken south of Lake Chad.
53. Title for a civil or military leader (especially in Turkey).
55. A unit of area (4840 square yards) used in English-speaking countries.
56. A state in north central United States.
59. Of or relating to or toward the cheek.
61. Italian operatic soprano (born in 1922).
63. Highly excited.
65. Not in good physical or mental health.
66. A town in north central Oklahoma.
67. Germanic barbarian leader who ended the western Roman Empire in 476 and became the first barbarian ruler of Italy (434-493).
69. Administer an oil or ointment to.
71. Being everywhere equidistant and not intersecting.
73. God of fire.
75. A period of time containing 365 (or 366) days.
76. A religious belief of African origin involving witchcraft and sorcery.
77. That is to say.
81. The blood group whose red cells carry both the A and B antigens.
83. A drug combination found in some over-the-counter headache remedies (Aspirin and Phenacetin and Caffeine).
85. The address where a person lives.
86. Small terrestrial lizard of warm regions of the Old World.
89. An ugly evil-looking old woman.
91. A deep prolonged sound (as of thunder or large bells).
93. A Chadic language spoken south of Lake Chad.
95. An Arabic speaking person who lives in Arabia or North Africa.
96. A loose sleeveless outer garment made from aba cloth.
97. At or constituting a border or edge.
98. An onerous or difficult concern.
99. The basic unit of money in Iran.
100. Having undesirable or negative qualities.
101. Portuguese explorer who in 1488 was the first European to get round the Cape of Good Hope (thus establishing a sea route from the Atlantic to Asia) (1450-1500).
102. United States virologist who developed the Salk vaccine that is injected against poliomyelitis (born 1914).
103. A river in north central Switzerland that runs northeast into the Rhine.
1. Open-heart surgery in which the rib cage is opened and a section of a blood vessel is grafted from the aorta to the coronary artery to bypass the blocked section of the coronary artery and improve the blood supply to the heart.
2. Evergreen trees and shrubs having oily one-seeded fruits.
3. Any of a number of fishes of the family Carangidae.
4. Made by hand or a hand process.
5. Used of a single unit or thing.
6. Common Indian weaverbird.
7. An organization of countries formed in 1961 to agree on a common policy for the sale of petroleum.
8. A unit of absorbed ionizing radiation equal to 100 ergs per gram of irradiated material.
9. A genus of Limacidae.
10. Any of various strong liquors distilled from the fermented sap of toddy palms or from fermented molasses.
11. Noisy and mischievous merrymaking.
12. North American republic containing 50 states - 48 conterminous states in North America plus Alaska in northwest North America and the Hawaiian Islands in the Pacific Ocean.
13. An atom having a valence of one.
14. Limbless scaly elongate reptile.
15. A gland in which gametes (sex cells) are produced.
25. The largest city and former capital of Turkey.
27. A general anesthetic (not a barbiturate) that is administered intravenously or intramuscularly.
28. Small often spiny insectivorous mammal of Madagascar.
30. A light strong brittle gray toxic bivalent metallic element.
31. (astronomy) The angular distance of a celestial point measured westward along the celestial equator from the zenith crossing.
33. (Akkadian) God of wisdom.
35. A city in southwestern California east of Los Angeles.
36. In or of the present month.
37. Large burrowing rodent of South and Central America.
38. A woman hired to suckle a child of someone else.
40. Fish with dorsoventrally flattened bodies.
42. Popular music originating in the West Indies.
44. Italian lawn bowling (played on a long narrow dirt court).
45. With respect to moral principles.
46. Someone who spells words.
52. An oily colorless liquid obtained by the condensation of two molecules of acetaldehyde.
54. A dark-skinned member of a race of people living in Australia when Europeans arrived.
57. A member of an agricultural people in southeastern India.
58. A federal agency established to coordinate programs aimed at reducing pollution and protecting the environment.
60. A landlocked republic in eastern Africa.
62. A pen that has a small metal ball as the point of transfer of ink to paper.
64. Characterized by beauty of movement, style, form etc..
68. Coextensive with the family Oleaceae.
69. A unit of absorbed ionizing radiation equal to 100 ergs per gram of irradiated material.
70. Waterfall in Canada is the Horseshoe Falls.
71. An atom having a valence of one.
72. Having a lip or lips.
73. A colorless odorless gaseous element that give a red glow in a vacuum tube.
74. A rare silvery (usually trivalent) metallic element.
78. God of blame and mockery.
79. A city in southern Turkey on the Seyhan River.
80. A dark region of considerable extent on the surface of the moon.
82. A small cake leavened with yeast.
84. The basic unit of money in Ghana.
87. A flat-bottomed volcanic crater that was formed by an explosion.
88. (usually followed by `to') Having the necessary means or skill or know-how or authority to do something.
90. An anxiety disorder characterized by chronic free-floating anxiety and such symptoms as tension or sweating or trembling of light-headedness or irritability etc that has lasted for more than six months.
91. Produced by a manufacturing process.
92. Title for a civil or military leader (especially in Turkey).
94. Inquire about.