1. Any of various units of capacity.
4. Someone unpleasantly strange or eccentric.
9. An expression of open-mouthed astonishment.
13. A caustic detergent useful for removing grease.
16. A constellation in the southern hemisphere near Telescopium and Norma.
17. Type genus of the Vespidae.
18. On, to, or at the top.
19. Large brownish-green New Zealand parrot.
20. Swiss hotelier who created a chain of elegant hotels (1850-1918).
22. Constituting or having to do with or suggestive of a literary epic.
24. Of or relating to or venerating the Virgin Mary.
26. Cut the head of.
28. West Indian tree having racemes of fragrant white flowers and yielding a durable timber and resinous juice.
30. Tropical starchy tuberous root.
31. A belief (or system of beliefs) accepted as authoritative by some group or school.
32. The probability of a specified outcome.
33. An early French settler in the Maritimes.
39. Goddess of fertility.
43. Failure to attend (especially school).
44. A resource.
45. Lacking in strength or firmness or resilience.
46. A river in north central Switzerland that runs northeast into the Rhine.
50. A group of African language in the Niger-Congo group spoken from the Ivory Coast east to Nigeria.
53. An electrically charged particle.
54. A public promotion of some product or service.
57. An ancient Hebrew unit of dry measure equal to about a bushel.
61. A river in northeastern Brazil that flows generally northward to the Atlantic Ocean.
63. Material used to daub walls.
64. (prefix) Opposite or opposing or neutralizing.
65. (Babylonian) God of storms and wind.
66. A member of the Siouan people formerly living in the Missouri river valley in NE Nebraska.
68. Not in good physical or mental health.
69. (Akkadian) God of wisdom.
70. Of the blackest black.
72. A small pellet fired from an air rifle or BB gun.
74. A group of islands off the west coast of Sicily in the Mediterranean.
77. (Old Testament) The second patriarch.
81. A loose sleeveless outer garment made from aba cloth.
82. A soft silvery metallic element of the alkali earth group.
87. A woman hired to suckle a child of someone else.
90. The compass point that is one point east of due south.
93. By bad luck.
95. An undergarment worn by women to support their breasts.
96. Bulky grayish-brown eagle with a short wedge-shaped white tail.
97. The Uralic language spoken by the Yeniseian people.
98. Sterile offspring of a male donkey and a female horse.
99. (informal) Of the highest quality.
100. A coenzyme derived from the B vitamin nicotinic acid.
101. Boiled or baked buckwheat.
102. Chief port of Yemen.
103. A rotating disk shaped to convert circular into linear motion.
1. An aggressive remark directed at a person like a missile and intended to have a telling effect.
2. Soft creamy white cheese.
3. A narrow thin strip of wood used as backing for plaster or to make latticework.
4. Being five more than one hundred.
5. Tall marsh plant with cylindrical seed heads that explode when mature shedding large quantities of down.
6. Apparent power to perceive things that are not present to the senses.
7. Surpassing the ordinary especially in size or scale.
8. Large burrowing rodent of South and Central America.
9. Offering fun and gaiety.
10. A highly unstable radioactive element (the heaviest of the halogen series).
11. (of hair) Groomed with pomade.
12. A federal agency established to coordinate programs aimed at reducing pollution and protecting the environment.
13. One of a pair of planks used to make a track for rolling or sliding objects.
14. A soft heavy toxic malleable metallic element.
15. The capital and largest city of Yemen.
21. A family of fish in the order Zeomorphi.
23. Type genus of the Alcidae comprising solely the razorbill.
25. Draw back from an agreement, contract, statement, etc..
27. The seventh month of the Hindu calendar.
29. A cricket ball bowled as if to break one way that actually breaks in the opposite way.
34. Tiny lobster-like crustaceans usually boiled briefly.
35. A sensation (as of a cold breeze or bright light) that precedes the onset of certain disorders such as a migraine attack or epileptic seizure.
36. A Mid-Atlantic state.
37. A conveyance that transports passengers or freight in carriers suspended from cables and supported by a series of towers.
38. A member of a North American people formerly living in the Colorado river valley in Arizona.
40. Relating to or resembling an ape.
41. An imported person brought from a foreign country.
42. Tropical trees having one-seeded fruit.
47. A region of Malaysia in northeastern Borneo.
48. In bed.
49. The fifth day of the week.
51. A self-funded retirement plan that allows you to contribute a limited yearly sum toward your retirement.
52. Cubes of meat marinated and cooked on a skewer usually with vegetables.
55. Relating to the Andes and their inhabitants.
56. Lacking in light.
58. A Polynesian rain dance performed by a woman.
59. (usually followed by `to') Having the necessary means or skill or know-how or authority to do something.
60. Melon having yellowish rind and whitish flesh.
62. A Hindu prince or king in India.
67. A loss of will power.
71. A crystalline metallic element not found in nature.
73. The cry made by sheep.
75. A rare silvery (usually trivalent) metallic element.
76. An alloy of copper and zinc (and sometimes arsenic) used to imitate gold in cheap jewelry and for gilding.
78. A native-born Israeli.
79. Grind together, of teeth.
80. Wild or domesticated South American cud-chewing animal related to camels but smaller and lacking a hump.
83. An island northwest of Wales.
84. A book of the New Testament.
85. (Welsh) A warrior god.
86. A university in Connecticut.
88. Type genus of the family Arcidae.
89. A complex red organic pigment containing iron and other atoms to which oxygen binds.
91. Either extremity of something that has length.
92. The basic unit of money in Albania.
93. (trademark) A liquid that temporarily disables a person.
94. A fractional monetary unit of Japan and Indonesia and Cambodia.