1. (computer science) The rate at which data is transferred (as by a modem).
4. Any of numerous low-growing cushion-forming plants of the genus Draba having rosette-forming leaves and terminal racemes of small flowers with scapose or leafy stems.
9. Dutch astronomer who proved that the galaxy is rotating and proposed the existence of the Oort cloud (1900-1992).
13. A bloody and prolonged operation in which American marines landed and defeated Japanese defenders (February and March 1945).
16. A strong emotion.
17. Wild sheep of northern Africa.
18. The inner and longer of the two bones of the human forearm.
19. An emotional response that has been acquired by conditioning.
20. A combat between two mounted knights tilting against each other with blunted lances.
22. An Italian poet famous for `The Divine Comedy'--a journey through hell and purgatory and paradise guided by Virgil and his idealized Beatrice (1265-1321).
24. A coffee cake flavored with orange rind and raisins and almonds.
26. A member of the Siouan people formerly living in the Missouri river valley in NE Nebraska.
29. Cause to lose one's nerve.
30. United States writer who was a leading figure of the beat generation (1922-1969).
32. An uproarious party.
34. Large sweet juicy hybrid between tangerine and grapefruit having a thick wrinkled skin.
36. Small family of usually tropical butterflies.
41. The elementary stages of any subject (usually plural).
44. A stronghold into which people could go for shelter during a battle.
47. Apartment consisting of a series of connected rooms used as a living unit (as in a hotel).
48. The world's largest desert (3,500,000 square miles) in North Africa.
50. A port city in southwestern Iran.
51. A lump of material formed from the content of a liquid.
52. A chronic disease of the nose characterized by a foul-smelling nasal discharge and atrophy of nasal structures.
54. The Mon-Khmer language spoken in Cambodia.
55. Fitting or appropriate and deserved.
57. A noticeable decline in performance.
60. A loose sleeveless outer garment made from aba cloth.
61. An electrically charged particle.
62. A beverage made by steeping tea leaves in water.
63. Type genus of the Caviidae.
65. Jordan's port.
67. Preferred above all others.
70. 1/10 gram.
71. The habitation of wild animals.
73. An Old World reptile family of Sauria.
76. Horny projecting mouth of a bird.
79. A Tibetan or Mongolian priest of Lamaism.
80. Cubes of meat marinated and cooked on a skewer usually with vegetables.
85. Goods (or wreckage) on the sea bed that is attached to a buoy so that it can be recovered.
88. (Babylonian) God of storms and wind.
91. Not reflecting light.
92. (Islam) The man who leads prayers in a mosque.
93. Mentally or physically infirm with age.
95. A machine-readable version of a standard dictionary.
96. A woman hired to suckle a child of someone else.
97. A member of the Siouan people formerly living in the Missouri river valley in NE Nebraska.
98. The biblical name for ancient Syria.
99. The 7th letter of the Greek alphabet.
1. A Russian dish made with patties of ground meat (mixed with onions and bread and milk) and served with a sauce of sour cream.
2. First in rank or degree.
3. Big-eyed scad.
4. An official prosecutor for a judicial district.
5. Floor covering consisting of a piece of thick heavy fabric (usually with nap or pile).
6. A public promotion of some product or service.
7. A Chadic language spoken in northern Nigeria.
8. The sixth month of the civil year.
9. Out of fashion.
10. Evergreen trees and shrubs having oily one-seeded fruits.
11. A radioactive gaseous element formed by the disintegration of radium.
12. Arranged or displayed systematically in table form.
13. A ballistic missile that is capable of traveling from one continent to another.
14. Flightless New Zealand rail of thievish disposition having short wings each with a spur used in fighting.
15. A port city in northwestern Algeria and the country's 2nd largest city.
21. Denoting a quantity consisting of 1,000 items or units.
23. A sign of assent or salutation or command.
25. A town in southern Turkey.
27. The month following July and preceding September.
28. Being two more than ninety.
31. Type genus of the Alcidae comprising solely the razorbill.
33. An organization of independent states to promote international peace and security.
35. Very spicy sauce made from tabasco peppers.
37. Causing alarm or fear.
38. Well-seasoned rice (with nuts or currants of minced lamb) simmered or braised in stock.
39. The animal order including amoebas.
40. remove from customary environment or associations.
42. A portable rocket launcher used by infantrymen as an anti-tank weapon.
43. A city in Tamil Nadu on the Bay of Bengal.
45. Of or relating to or characteristic of Thailand of its people.
46. A large commercial and industrial city in northeastern Texas.
49. An Indian side dish of yogurt and chopped cucumbers and spices.
53. A light informal meal.
56. A brittle gray crystalline element that is a semiconducting metalloid (resembling silicon) used in transistors.
58. The part of the eye that contains the iris and ciliary body and choroid.
59. An informal term for a father.
64. Of the appetites and passions of the body.
66. An ability to understand a broad range of topics.
67. An official prosecutor for a judicial district.
68. (Judaism) An eight-day Jewish holiday commemorating the rededication of the Temple of Jerusalem.
69. An alloy of mercury with another metal (usually silver) used by dentists to fill cavities in teeth.
72. A doctor's degree in optometry.
74. A silvery ductile metallic element found primarily in bauxite.
75. Source of a tough elastic wood.
77. Tropical American tree grown in southern United States having a whitish pink-tinged fruit.
78. A room or establishment where alcoholic drinks are served over a counter.
81. Mild yellow Dutch cheese made in balls.
82. A Chadic language spoken south of Lake Chad.
83. A federally chartered corporation that purchases mortgages.
84. Kamarupan languages spoken in northeastern India and western Burma.
86. Channel into a new direction.
87. A quantity of no importance.
89. An anticipated outcome that is intended or that guides your planned actions.
90. Title for a civil or military leader (especially in Turkey).
94. A colorless and odorless inert gas.