1. A defensive missile designed to shoot down incoming intercontinental ballistic missiles.
4. Notable English cricketer (1882-1963).
9. (Babylonian) God of storms and wind.
13. A nucleic acid consisting of large molecules shaped like a double helix.
16. An anxiety disorder characterized by chronic free-floating anxiety and such symptoms as tension or sweating or trembling of light-headedness or irritability etc that has lasted for more than six months.
17. Strike with disgust or revulsion.
18. Offering fun and gaiety.
19. A reproach for some lapse or misdeed.
20. Thigh of a hog (usually smoked).
21. Armor plate that protects legs below the knee.
23. Give pleasure to.
25. By bad luck.
27. Cubes of meat marinated and cooked on a skewer usually with vegetables.
28. Moth having nonfunctional mouthparts as adults.
29. An informal term for a father.
33. Any of various parasites that live in the internal organs of animals (especially intestinal worms).
37. A Chadic language spoken south of Lake Chad.
40. An emotion experienced in anticipation of some specific pain or danger (usually accompanied by a desire to flee or fight).
43. Any of the three Fates or goddesses of destiny.
44. White Southerner supporting Reconstruction policies after the Civil War usually for self-interest.
47. A light strong brittle gray toxic bivalent metallic element.
48. Offering safety.
49. A liquid terpene with a lemon odor.
50. Employed in accomplishing something.
52. An annual award for outstanding achievements in television.
53. A member of the Siouan people inhabiting the valleys of the Platte and Missouri rivers in Nebraska.
54. The fleshy part of the human body that you sit on.
56. Characteristic of a mob.
58. Apply a lubricant to.
59. A prominent aspect of something.
60. A borough of New York City.
64. The most common computer memory which can be used by programs to perform necessary tasks while the computer is on.
65. A white soft metallic element that tarnishes readily.
66. The basic unit of money in Thailand.
69. Feeling or showing extreme anger.
71. English essayist (1775-1834).
73. A linear unit of length equal to 12 inches or a third of a yard.
75. An emotional response that has been acquired by conditioning.
76. Fed beyond capacity or desire.
77. A fine cord of twisted fibers (of cotton or silk or wool or nylon etc.) used in sewing and weaving.
80. Large west African tree having large palmately lobed leaves and axillary cymose panicles of small white flowers and one-winged seeds.
83. Evergreen tree of New Zealand resembling the kawaka.
85. A substitution of part of speech or gender or number or tense etc. (e.g., editorial `we' for `I').
89. A loose sleeveless outer garment made from aba cloth.
90. A round shape formed by a series of concentric circles.
92. An Anatolian language.
93. Counting the number of white and red blood cells and the number of platelets in 1 cubic millimeter of blood.
94. Type genus of the Amiidae.
95. Any maneuver made as part of progress toward a goal.
97. A nearly horizontal passage from the surface into a mine.
98. Large brownish-green New Zealand parrot.
99. Lacking excess flesh.
100. Being nothing more than specified.
101. A city in western Nevada at the foot of the Sierra Nevada Mountains.
1. Title for a civil or military leader (especially in Turkey).
2. Any of numerous local fertility and nature deities worshipped by ancient Semitic peoples.
3. Designer drug designed to have the effects of amphetamines (it floods the brain with serotonin) but to avoid the drug laws.
4. A pilgrimage to Mecca.
5. Large elliptical brightly colored deep-sea fish of Atlantic and Pacific and Mediterranean.
6. (music) The pace of music measured by the number of beats occurring in 60 seconds.
7. A coffee cake flavored with orange rind and raisins and almonds.
8. Having a smooth, gleaming surface.
9. Largest known toad species.
10. An official prosecutor for a judicial district.
11. Any high mountain.
12. Indigo bush.
13. Silver-coated candy bead for decorating cakes.
14. An independent agency of the United States government responsible for aviation and spaceflight.
15. Someone who copies the words or behavior of another.
22. A port city in southwestern Iran.
24. Ovoid orange-yellow mealy sweet fruit of Florida and West Indies.
26. Resembling a sponge in having soft porous texture and compressibility.
30. The azimuth of a celestial body is the angle between the vertical plane containing it and the plane of the meridian.
31. In a tacit manner.
32. Someone who bets.
34. Lying outside the bounds of morals or ethics.
35. United States screenwriter who was blacklisted and imprisoned for refusing to cooperate with congressional investigations of communism in America (1905-1976).
36. The capital and largest city of Norway.
38. Inspired by a feeling of fearful wonderment or reverence.
39. Exceedingly harmful.
41. Diverge from the expected.
42. (Christianity) Saved from the bondage of sin.
45. How much of something is available.
46. United States physiologist (born in Germany) who did research on parthenogenesis (1859-1924).
51. French painter who developed pointilism (1859-1891).
55. In a rakish manner.
57. (informal) Being satisfactory or in satisfactory condition.
61. A member of the Siouan people formerly living in the Missouri river valley in NE Nebraska.
62. The period during which something is functional (as between birth and death).
63. (formerly) A mound earth inside a fort from which heavy gun can be fired over the parapet.
67. Being nine more than ninety.
68. The corporate executive responsible for the operations of the firm.
70. A wheeled vehicle adapted to the rails of railroad.
71. Silver-coated candy bead for decorating cakes.
72. A college town in central New York on Lake Cayuga.
74. A narrow headband or strip of ribbon worn as a headband.
78. Living in or characteristic of farming or country life.
79. (Mesopotamia) God of agriculture and earth.
81. Half the width of an em.
82. Colony of the United Kingdom located on a limestone promontory at the southern tip of Spain.
83. A unit of length of thread or yarn.
84. A French abbot.
86. An officer who acts as military assistant to a more senior officer.
87. A quantity that is added.
88. (prefix) Within.
91. Electronic warfare undertaken under direct control of an operational commander to locate sources of radiated electromagnetic energy for the purpose of immediate threat recognition.
96. A trivalent metallic element of the rare earth group.