1. A master's degree in library science.
5. A sock with a separation for the big toe.
9. One of the two main branches of orthodox Islam.
13. Leaf or strip from a leaf of the talipot palm used in India for writing paper.
16. Small buffalo of the Celebes having small straight horns.
17. Any of a number of fishes of the family Carangidae.
18. One of a set of small pieces of stiff paper marked in various ways and used for playing games or for telling fortunes.
19. A metric unit of volume or capacity equal to 10 liters.
20. Money in the form of bills or coins.
21. Roman statesman and philosopher who was and advisor to Nero (circa 4 BC - 65 AD).
23. A short stretch of railroad track used to store rolling stock or enable trains on the same line to pass.
25. An association of nations dedicated to economic and political cooperation in southeastern Asia.
27. United States film actress (born in Sweden) known for her reclusiveness (1905-1990).
29. A form of Japanese poetry.
30. Australian wild horse.
33. Marked by the reception of pay.
35. A poplar that is widely cultivated in the United States.
36. (pathology) An elevation of the skin filled with serous fluid.
38. United States tennis player who was the first Black to win United States and English singles championships (1943-1993).
42. Very dark black.
45. A metric unit of length equal to one billionth of a meter.
47. South American wood sorrel cultivated for its edible tubers.
48. A coral reef off the southern coast of Florida.
49. A prominent rock or pile of rocks on a hill.
50. With the least delay.
53. A shape that spreads outward.
55. Group of people related by blood or marriage.
57. Eruption on a mucous membrane (as the inside of the mouth) occurring as a symptom of a disease.
59. Plants with sword-shaped leaves and erect stalks bearing bright-colored flowers composed of three petals and three drooping sepals.
60. Greater than normal in degree or intensity or amount.
61. A Spanish title of respect for a married woman.
62. A member of the Algonquian people of Maine and southern Quebec.
64. Any of various coarse shrubby plants of the genus Iva with small greenish flowers.
65. An implement used to erase something.
66. A motley assortment of things.
67. Given or having a specified name.
70. A cap with a flat circular top and a visor.
71. A public promotion of some product or service.
72. A blood group antigen possessed by Rh-positive people.
73. A contorted facial expression.
76. (of securities) Not quoted on a stock exchange.
80. A Spanish river.
83. Relating to the deepest parts of the ocean (below 6000 meters).
85. South American armadillo with three bands of bony plates.
88. Egg-shaped terra-cotta wind instrument with a mouthpiece and finger holes.
91. Having winglike extensions.
94. Cubes of meat marinated and cooked on a skewer usually with vegetables.
95. Constituting or having to do with or suggestive of a literary epic.
96. Affixed or as if affixed with glue or paste.
97. An interior passage or corridor onto which rooms open.
100. (Babylonian) God of storms and wind.
101. Advanced in years.
102. Unnecessary and unwarranted.
103. Fallow deer.
1. Long-tailed brilliantly colored parrot of Central and South America.
2. Squash bugs.
3. A contestant who loses the contest.
4. A Nilo-Saharan language spoken in parts of Chad.
5. Syndrome resulting from a serious acute (sometimes fatal) infection associated with the presence of staphylococcus.
6. (informal) Of the highest quality.
7. Jewelry worn around the wrist for decoration.
8. The content of cognition.
9. Someone who works (or provides workers) during a strike.
10. (astronomy) The angular distance of a celestial point measured westward along the celestial equator from the zenith crossing.
11. The bureau of the Treasury Department responsible for tax collections.
12. A Hindu goddess who releases from sin or disease.
13. (Norse mythology) Ruler of the Aesir.
14. Long and thin and often limp.
15. Primitive chlorophyll-containing mainly aquatic eukaryotic organisms lacking true stems and roots and leaves.
22. Baby bed with high sides.
24. An informal term for a father.
26. Tag the base runner to get him out.
28. An organization of countries formed in 1961 to agree on a common policy for the sale of petroleum.
31. Of or relating to or characteristic of Genoa or its inhabitants.
32. An official in a British hospital who looks after the social and material needs of the patients.
34. A loose sleeveless outer garment made from aba cloth.
37. A successful womanizer (after a fictional seducer).
39. Scarabaeid beetle considered divine by ancient Egyptians.
40. (Japan) Ritual suicide by self-disembowelment on a sword.
41. Use of the faculty of vision.
43. The basic unit of money in Venezuela.
44. The Japanese art of folding paper into shapes representing objects (e.g., flowers or birds).
46. Having or showing markings that resemble veins.
51. Indian religious leader who founded Sikhism (1469-1538).
52. Of or relating to or caused by streptococci.
54. Water chestnut whose spiny fruit has two rather than 4 prongs.
56. A state in New England.
58. A percussion instrument consisting of a pair of hollow pieces of wood or bone (usually held between the thumb and fingers) that are made to click together (as by Spanish dancers) in rhythm with the dance.
63. Having undesirable or negative qualities.
68. A green transparent form of beryl.
69. A light touch or stroke.
74. Electronic equipment that provides visual images of varying electrical quantities.
75. From 40 million to 58 million years ago.
76. The space between two lines or planes that intersect.
77. Greek philosopher and astronomer (who predicted an eclipse in 585 BC) who was said by Aristotle to be the founder of physical science.
78. A narrative song with a recurrent refrain.
79. Type genus of the Alaudidae.
81. Cooked by frying in fat.
82. The basic unit of money in Thailand.
83. The blood group whose red cells carry both the A and B antigens.
84. 10 grams.
86. Small beads made from polished shells and formerly used as money by native Americans.
87. (usually followed by `to') Having the necessary means or skill or know-how or authority to do something.
89. A domed or vaulted recess or projection on a building especially the east end of a church.
90. A language unit by which a person or thing is known.
92. A cooperative unit.
93. Tropical starchy tuberous root.
98. An organization of independent states to promote international peace and security.
99. An honorary degree in science.