1. An organization of countries formed in 1961 to agree on a common policy for the sale of petroleum.
5. The elementary stages of any subject (usually plural).
9. (Babylonian) God of wisdom and agriculture and patron of scribes and schools.
13. The elementary stages of any subject (usually plural).
16. God of death.
17. A sudden very loud noise.
18. In a murderous frenzy as if possessed by a demon.
19. A group of Niger-Congo languages spoken primarily in southeastern Mali and northern Ghana.
20. Yearling heifer or bullock.
21. Place in a line or arrange so as to be parallel.
24. The median ridge on the breastbone of birds that fly.
27. Open-heart surgery in which the rib cage is opened and a section of a blood vessel is grafted from the aorta to the coronary artery to bypass the blocked section of the coronary artery and improve the blood supply to the heart.
28. A woman's headscarf folded into a triangle and tied under the chine.
30. According to the Old Testament he was a pagan king of Israel and husband of Jezebel (9th century BC).
33. Be going to.
35. A studio especially for an artist or designer.
39. Stem of the rattan palm used for making canes and umbrella handles.
40. Any of various systems of units for measuring electricity and magnetism.
42. The absolute unit of pressure equal to one dyne per square centimeter.
43. A heavy brittle metallic element of the platinum group.
44. Toward the mouth or oral region.
47. Having a margin incised almost to the base so as to create distinct divisions or lobes.
48. A doctor's degree in dental surgery.
50. A light fitful sleep.
53. A belief (or system of beliefs) accepted as authoritative by some group or school.
54. Capable of being scaled.
58. A strategically located monarchy on the southern and eastern coasts of the Arabian Peninsula.
61. Obtaining nourishment as animals do by ingesting complex organic matter.
62. A three-tone Chadic language.
63. Of or relating to or characteristic of Thailand of its people.
64. A theocratic republic in the Middle East in western Asia.
65. Without forethought or plan.
67. A doctor's degree in religion.
68. A small stalk bearing a single flower of an inflorescence.
70. An associate degree in nursing.
71. A sum of money paid in compensation for loss or injury.
74. The starting place for each hole on a golf course.
76. An overwhelming feeling of wonder or admiration.
77. United States tennis player who was the first Black to win United States and English singles championships (1943-1993).
81. Tuberous or rhizomatous herbaceous perennials.
86. A mechanically operated piano that uses a roll of perforated paper to activate the keys.
89. A person of Polish descent.
90. An angular shape characterized by sharp turns in alternating directions.
91. A condition (mostly in boys) characterized by behavioral and learning disorders.
92. The basic unit of money in Nigeria.
94. A holding device attached to a workbench.
95. The compass point midway between east and southeast.
96. British dominion over India (1757-1947).
97. Of or relating to Oman or its people.
98. A condition (mostly in boys) characterized by behavioral and learning disorders.
99. A unit of absorbed ionizing radiation equal to 100 ergs per gram of irradiated material.
1. A city in the Asian part of Russia.
2. Liver or meat or fowl finely minced or ground and variously seasoned.
3. A member of an Iroquoian people formerly living on the south shore of Lake Erie in northern Ohio and northwest Pennsylvania and western New York.
4. A town in southeastern New Mexico on the Pecos River near the Mexican border.
5. A radioactive element of the actinide series.
6. Pompous or pretentious talk or writing.
7. West Indian tree having racemes of fragrant white flowers and yielding a durable timber and resinous juice.
8. In the shape of a coil.
9. Smaller of two tall fast-running flightless birds similar to ostriches but three-toed.
10. Before noon.
11. A Russian soup usually containing beet juice as a foundation.
12. A monarchy in northwestern Europe occupying most of the British Isles.
13. Largest known toad species.
14. A modified bud consisting of a thickened globular underground stem serving as a reproductive structure.
15. A steep rugged rock or cliff.
22. The vertical triangular wall between the sloping ends of gable roof.
23. Of or relating to a directionless magnitude.
25. Cold-water fish caught in Lake Superior and northward.
26. (Old Testament) The eldest son of Isaac who would have inherited the Covenant that God made with Abraham and that Abraham passed on to Isaac.
29. Cubes of meat marinated and cooked on a skewer usually with vegetables.
31. Stubbornly resistant to change or improvement.
32. A silvery ductile metallic element found primarily in bauxite.
34. Firm and uncompromising.
36. An Asian river.
37. A brim that projects to the front to shade the eyes.
38. Succulent carpet-forming plant having small brilliant reddish-pink flowers.
41. Austrian physician who tried to treat diseases with a form of hypnotism (1734-1815).
45. Any of several tall tropical palms native to southeastern Asia having egg-shaped nuts.
46. An uproarious party.
49. Food mixtures either arranged on a plate or tossed and served with a moist dressing.
51. Supreme Teutonic god.
52. Worn or shabby from overuse or (of pages) from having corners turned down.
55. A vasodilator (trade name Loniten) used to treat severe hypertension.
56. The azimuth of a celestial body is the angle between the vertical plane containing it and the plane of the meridian.
57. An inlaid furniture decoration.
59. An independent agency of the United States government responsible for aviation and spaceflight.
60. A member of the Algonquian people of southern Ontario.
66. A member of a North American people formerly living in the Colorado river valley in Arizona.
69. A ductile gray metallic element of the lanthanide series.
72. Having its true character concealed with the intent of misleading.
73. (informal) A man who is (usually) old and/or eccentric.
75. Herbs and subshrubs.
78. Large genus of tropical subshrubs or herbs some of which yield fibers of mucilaginous substances.
79. A pilgrimage to Mecca.
80. Type genus of the Majidae.
81. A loose sleeveless outer garment made from aba cloth.
82. A sudden short attack.
83. A gonadotropic hormone that is secreted by the anterior pituitary.
84. An independent group of closely related Chadic languages spoken in the area between the Biu-Mandara and East Chadic languages.
85. Advanced in years.
87. United States musician (born in Japan) who married John Lennon and collaborated with him on recordings (born in 1933).
88. A rapid escape (as by criminals).
93. A radioactive gaseous element formed by the disintegration of radium.