1. Former measure of the US economy.
4. Trailing grass native to Europe now cosmopolitan in warm regions.
8. Assist or encourage, usually in some wrongdoing.
12. An narrative telling the adventures of a hero or a family.
16. A statement that deviates from or perverts the truth.
17. The capital and largest city of Norway.
18. An amino acid that is found in the central nervous system.
19. A small conspicuous constellation the the southern hemisphere in the Milky Way near Centaurus.
20. The United Nations agency concerned with civil aviation.
22. The capital of Australia.
24. Dry outer covering of a fruit or seed or nut.
25. Antibacterial consisting of any of several synthetic organic compounds capable of inhibiting the growth of bacteria that require PABA.
27. Imperial dynasty that ruled China (most of the time) from 206 BC to 221 and expanded its boundaries and developed its bureaucracy.
28. Tropical Atlantic fish.
30. Russian writer of stories and novels and plays (1818-1883).
33. (astronomy) The angular distance of a celestial point measured westward along the celestial equator from the zenith crossing.
34. Done or occurring in a brief period of time.
37. A soft yellow malleable ductile (trivalent and univalent) metallic element.
38. (prefix) Indicating difference or variation.
43. (Islam) The man who leads prayers in a mosque.
47. Physically and mentally fatigued.
49. Capital city of the Apulia region on the Adriatic coast.
50. Functioning correctly and ready for action.
51. A Dravidian language spoken in south central India.
53. Studies intended to provide general knowledge and intellectual skills (rather than occupational or professional skills).
54. Spanish cubist painter (1887-1927).
55. Not fenced in.
57. A state of agitated irritation.
58. Any plant of the genus Reseda.
60. The seventh month of the Moslem calendar.
61. Freedom from difficulty or hardship or effort.
62. American prizefighter who won the world heavyweight championship three times (born in 1942).
63. (Hindu) A manner of sitting (as in the practice of Yoga).
65. A downhill race over a winding course defined by upright poles.
67. A long projecting or anterior elongation of an animal's head.
68. A container.
69. A Spanish title of respect for a man.
71. A state in midwestern United States.
75. Capable of wounding.
78. Having two feet.
80. Generic term for inflammatory conditions of the skin.
83. Lower in esteem.
85. Type genus of the Alcidae comprising solely the razorbill.
89. A short introductory essay preceding the text of a book.
91. Marked by a rhythmical cadence.
93. A river in north central Switzerland that runs northeast into the Rhine.
94. A Loloish language.
95. An organization of countries formed in 1961 to agree on a common policy for the sale of petroleum.
97. A particular geographical region of indefinite boundary (usually serving some special purpose or distinguished by its people or culture or geography).
98. A fluorocarbon with chlorine.
99. A primeval personification of air and breath.
100. An independent agency of the United States government responsible for aviation and spaceflight.
101. A student who studies excessively.
102. Large brownish-green New Zealand parrot.
1. Type genus of the Gliridae.
2. An intensive care unit designed with special equipment to care for premature or low-birth-weight or seriously ill newborn.
3. A deep prolonged sound (as of thunder or large bells).
4. An uproarious party.
5. An annual award by the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences for achievements in motion picture production and performance.
6. Leaf or strip from a leaf of the talipot palm used in India for writing paper.
7. (French) Happiness and good humor.
8. A yellow pungent volatile oil (trade name Agene) formerly used for bleaching and aging flour.
9. A room or establishment where alcoholic drinks are served over a counter.
10. A Spanish river.
11. An official language of the Republic of South Africa.
12. A neutral middle vowel.
13. Wild sheep of northern Africa.
14. An arm of a sea or ocean partly enclosed by land.
15. A shaft on which a wheel rotates.
21. Exploit fully.
23. A decree that prohibits something.
26. The federal department that administers federal program dealing with better housing and urban renewal.
29. A lateen-rigged sailing vessel used by Arabs.
31. A republic on the west coast of Africa.
32. The residence of the Catholic Pope in the Vatican City.
35. Any of several cultivated sour cherry trees bearing pale red fruit with colorless juice.
36. Of or relating to or characteristic of Paris or its inhabitants.
39. Set down according to a plan.
40. A river in northeastern Brazil that flows generally northward to the Atlantic Ocean.
41. Relating to or characteristic of art or artists.
42. An amino acid containing sulfur that is found in most proteins.
44. Largest known toad species.
45. Physical discomfort (as mild sickness or depression).
46. A member of the majority people of Punjab in northwestern India.
48. (of pain or sorrow) Made easier to bear.
52. Cubes of meat marinated and cooked on a skewer usually with vegetables.
56. A republic in western Europe.
59. A picture (or series of pictures) representing a continuous scene.
64. A public promotion of some product or service.
66. Any fish of the order Crossopterygii.
67. An uproarious party.
70. The blood group whose red cells carry both the A and B antigens.
72. A port city in southwestern Iran.
73. The first event in a series.
74. A federal agency established to regulate the release of new foods and health-related products.
76. A device that, on receiving radar signals, transmits coded signals in response to help navigators determine their position.
77. The capital and largest city of Bangladesh.
78. The compass point midway between northeast and east.
79. A river in southeastern France.
80. A silvery ductile metallic element found primarily in bauxite.
81. Crowd or pack to capacity.
82. Ancient Greek philosopher who formulated paradoxes that defended the belief that motion and change are illusory (circa 495-430 BC).
84. A soft silvery metallic element of the alkali earth group.
86. The state of needing something that is absent or unavailable.
87. A small restaurant where drinks and snacks are sold.
88. Type genus of the family Arcidae.
90. A federal agency established to coordinate programs aimed at reducing pollution and protecting the environment.
92. A slight amount or degree of difference.
96. A radioactive transuranic element produced by bombarding plutonium with neutrons.