1. Horny projecting mouth of a bird.
4. A rechargeable battery with a nickel cathode and a cadmium anode.
9. Interface consisting of a standard port between a computer and its peripherals that is used in some computers.
13. The part of the nervous system of vertebrates that controls involuntary actions of the smooth muscles and heart and glands.
16. An agency of the United Nations affiliated with the World Bank.
17. The clay from which adobe bricks are made.
18. (Welsh) A warrior god.
19. Resinlike substance secreted by certain lac insects.
20. Flavored with sour orange peel.
22. Speak in a nasal voice.
24. Title for a civil or military leader (especially in Turkey).
25. Remove a bar from (a door, for example).
26. City in eastern Belgium.
27. Reptile having a pair of openings in the skull behind each eye.
29. A unit of length of thread or yarn.
31. Deep purplish red n 1.
33. According to the Old Testament he was a pagan king of Israel and husband of Jezebel (9th century BC).
37. A small pellet fired from an air rifle or BB gun.
38. Lower the rated electrical capability of electrical apparatus.
42. French biochemist who (with Francois Jacob) explained how genes are activated and suggested the existence of messenger RNA (1910-1976).
47. A rich soil consisting of a mixture of sand and clay and decaying organic materials.
48. Formally making a person known to another or to the public.
49. The elementary stages of any subject (usually plural).
52. Expandable metal or wooden wedge used by printers to lock up a form within a chase.
53. A primeval personification of air and breath.
55. An inspection of the accounting procedures and records by a trained accountant.
56. The month following July and preceding September.
57. North American republic containing 50 states - 48 conterminous states in North America plus Alaska in northwest North America and the Hawaiian Islands in the Pacific Ocean.
60. Any monetary aid.
61. English novelist.
63. Not final or absolute.
64. Owed and payable immediately or on demand.
65. A Russian river.
66. (Old Testament) Wife of Isaac and mother of Jacob and Esau.
70. A form of address for a man.
71. United States swimmer who in 1926 became the first woman to swim the English Channel (1903- ).
73. Evergreen trees and shrubs having oily one-seeded fruits.
76. A state in midwestern United States.
77. Russian composer (1804-1857).
80. Tropical starchy tuberous root.
87. 1 species.
89. A Japanese woman trained to entertain men with conversation and singing and dancing.
91. A quality of a given color that differs slightly from a primary color.
92. (informal) Of very poor quality.
93. English monk and scholar (672-735).
95. The lower house of the parliament of the Republic of Ireland.
96. Edible starchy tuberous root of taro plants.
97. The compass point that is one point south of due east.
98. (Babylonian) God of storms and wind.
99. An inactive volcano in Sicily.
100. Located in or toward the back or rear.
1. An intensive care unit designed with special equipment to care for premature or low-birth-weight or seriously ill newborn.
2. Goddess of spring and wife of Bragi.
3. An aggressive remark directed at a person like a missile and intended to have a telling effect.
4. The iridescent internal layer of a mollusk shell.
5. An artificial language that is a revision and simplification of Esperanto.
6. Fossil fuel consisting of carbonized vegetable matter deposited in the Carboniferous period.
7. The blood group whose red cells carry both the A and B antigens.
8. Close-fitting pants of heavy denim for casual wear (usually in the plural).
9. A caustic detergent useful for removing grease.
10. A group of biological taxa or species that share features inherited from a common ancestor.
11. A nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drug (trade name Clinoril).
12. Form a mental image of something that is not present or that is not the case.
13. By bad luck.
14. Medium-sized tree having glossy lanceolate leaves.
15. Any of a number of fishes of the family Carangidae.
21. A city and port in northern Jutland.
23. Jordan's port.
28. Reception room in an inn or club where visitors can be received.
30. A state in northwestern North America.
32. A unit of magnetomotive force equal to 0.7958 ampere-turns.
34. Worthy of honor.
35. (Greek mythology) The daughter of King Oedipus who disobeyed her father and was condemned to death.
36. A compartment in front of a motor vehicle where driver sits.
39. Wild sheep of northern Africa.
40. Genus of mainly American more-or-less succulent herbs.
41. The electrode in a transistor where electrons originate.
43. A small ring-shaped friedcake.
44. A periodic paperback publication.
45. Someone who works (or provides workers) during a strike.
46. God of wisdom or prophesy.
50. A tricycle (usually propelled by pedalling).
51. An ugly evil-looking old woman.
54. Food chopped into small bits.
58. (used especially of vegetation) Having lost all moisture.
59. A platform raised above the surrounding level to give prominence to the person on it.
62. Of or relating to or near the nares.
67. Run away secretly with one's beloved.
68. Leaf or strip from a leaf of the talipot palm used in India for writing paper.
69. The fleshy part of the human body that you sit on.
70. By bad luck.
72. A white soft metallic element that tarnishes readily.
74. A member of the Siouan people formerly inhabiting the Black Hills of western South Dakota.
75. (sports) Not offside.
78. To some (great or small) extent.
79. A theatrical performer.
81. Material used to daub walls.
82. A software system that facilitates the creation and maintenance and use of an electronic database.
83. In bed.
84. Advanced in years.
85. An officer who acts as military assistant to a more senior officer.
86. The protruding part of the lower jaw.
88. A loose sleeveless outer garment made from aba cloth.
90. The seventh and last day of the week.
94. An official prosecutor for a judicial district.