1. A light springing movement upwards or forwards.
5. A French abbot.
9. An artificial source of visible illumination.
13. North American republic containing 50 states - 48 conterminous states in North America plus Alaska in northwest North America and the Hawaiian Islands in the Pacific Ocean.
16. Type genus of the Alcidae comprising solely the razorbill.
17. The act of flexing.
18. A slender double-reed instrument.
19. A period of time spent sleeping.
20. Dignified manner or conduct.
21. Floor consisting of a large unpartitioned space over a factory or warehouse or other commercial space.
22. A public act of violence by an unruly mob.
23. A user interface in which you type commands instead of choosing them from a menu or selecting an icon.
24. (Akkadian) God of wisdom.
25. A logarithmic unit of sound intensity.
27. Covered with growing trees and bushes etc.
28. Type genus of the Upupidae.
29. A soft yellow malleable ductile (trivalent and univalent) metallic element.
32. United States lyricist who collaborated on musicals with Frederick Loewe (1918-1986).
34. A baseball deliberately thrown at the batter's head.
36. Anything that tends to arouse.
39. A very light brown.
40. Minor or subordinate.
44. A soft yellow malleable ductile (trivalent and univalent) metallic element.
45. A silvery soft waxy metallic element of the alkali metal group.
46. A member of the Indian people of northern California and southern Oregon.
48. One million periods per second.
50. Sleep in a convenient place.
52. Inflammation of the female pelvic organs (especially the Fallopian tubes) caused by infection by any of several microorganisms (chiefly gonococci and chlamydia).
53. An anti-inflammatory drug that does not contain steroids.
55. A soft silvery metallic element of the alkali earth group.
56. Evergreen trees and shrubs having oily one-seeded fruits.
57. Make understand.
60. March aggressively into another's territory by military force for the purposes of conquest and occupation.
63. A digital display that uses liquid crystal cells that change reflectivity in an applied electric field.
64. An island northwest of Wales.
65. A person who pleads for a cause or propounds an idea.
67. A member of a North American Indian people of southeastern California and northwestern Mexico.
68. An involuntary spasm of ineffectual vomiting.
71. Any of various thermoplastic resins used to make things.
72. The title of the ancient Egyptian kings.
76. A collection of objects laid on top of each other.
79. An official prosecutor for a judicial district.
80. A widow holding property received from her deceased husband.
82. A town in northern Michigan on an arm of Lake Huron.
84. Comical in an odd or whimsical manner.
85. Mild yellow Dutch cheese made in balls.
89. A common nonmetallic element that is normally a colorless odorless tasteless inert diatomic gas.
92. Amino acid that is formed in the liver and converted into dopamine in the brain.
93. A Tibetan or Mongolian priest of Lamaism.
94. A unit of pain intensity.
95. The sound made by a cat (or any sound resembling this).
97. The lower house of the parliament of the Republic of Ireland.
99. A periodic paperback publication.
100. An infection of the sebaceous gland of the eyelid.
101. The large trunk artery that carries blood from the left ventricle of the heart to branch arteries.
102. Someone who works (or provides workers) during a strike.
103. The 21st letter of the Greek alphabet.
1. Pathetically lacking in force or effectiveness.
2. English essayist (1775-1834).
3. (informal) Of the highest quality.
4. Fiber from leaves of the pandanus tree.
5. A federation of North American labor unions that merged with the Congress of Industrial Organizations in 1955.
6. Large usually hairy metallic blue or green fly.
7. Spot, stain, or pollute.
8. Praise, glorify, or honor.
9. A siren of German legend who lured boatmen in the Rhine to destruction.
10. Dwell (archaic).
11. The sound made by a cow or bull.
12. Any of numerous tropical herbs having fluted funnel-shaped flowers.
13. Move out of a curled position.
14. Minute floating marine tunicate having a transparent body with an opening at each end.
15. The capital of Western Samoa.
26. Top part of an apron.
29. Argentine armadillo with six movable bands and hairy underparts.
30. Systematic arrangement of all the inflected forms of a word.
31. Hungarian choreographer who developed Labanotation (1879-1958).
33. A substance produced by the hypothalamus that is capable of accelerating the secretion of a given hormone by the anterior pituitary gland.
35. New Guinea echidnas.
37. Of or relating to the class Insecta.
38. A city in southwestern California east of Los Angeles.
41. Being four more than forty.
42. Any of the Hindu sacred writing.
43. To fix or set securely or deeply.
47. Fairly small terrestrial ferns of tropical America.
49. A white metallic element that burns with a brilliant light.
51. A Dravidian language spoken in south central India.
54. A range of mountains (usually with jagged peaks and irregular outline).
58. A shoe for swimming.
59. Not only so, but.
61. The longer of the two telegraphic signals used in Morse code.
62. A cricket ball bowled as if to break one way that actually breaks in the opposite way.
66. French surgeon and biologist who developed a way to suture and graft blood vessels (1873-1944).
69. Scottish chemist noted for his research into the structure of nucleic acids (born in 1907).
70. A straight line connecting two points on a curve.
73. (of tempo) Leisurely n.
74. A high-crowned black cap (usually made of felt or sheepskin) worn by men in Turkey and Iran and the Caucasus.
75. (Greek mythology) One of the three Graces.
77. British poet (born in the United States) who won the Nobel prize for literature (1888-1965).
78. In a competent capable manner.
81. Concerning or dwelling or situated in a wood.
83. Acute ulceration of the mucous membranes of the mouth or genitals.
86. Slightly wet.
87. A woman hired to suckle a child of someone else.
88. (New Testament) The sages who visited Jesus and Mary and Joseph shortly after Jesus was born.
90. The sense organ for hearing and equilibrium.
91. Negation of a word or group of words.
96. A state in northwestern United States on the Pacific.
98. 16 ounces.