1. Thigh of a hog (usually smoked).
4. Very close in friendship or affection.
9. Antibiotic-resistant mycoplasma causing a kind of pneumonia in humans.
13. 3 to 30 kilohertz.
16. (folklore) Fairies that are somewhat mischievous.
17. Naked freshwater or marine or parasitic protozoa that form temporary pseudopods for feeding and locomotion.
18. A republic in the Middle East in western Asia.
19. A river in north central Switzerland that runs northeast into the Rhine.
20. A radioactive element of the actinide series.
22. The front of the head from the forehead to the chin and ear to ear.
24. (Jungian psychology) The inner self (not the external persona) that is in touch with the unconscious.
26. Large burrowing rodent of South and Central America.
27. Tropical and subtropical marine and freshwater fishes having an elongated body and long protruding lower jaw.
30. (Old Testament) The eldest son of Isaac who would have inherited the Covenant that God made with Abraham and that Abraham passed on to Isaac.
31. An agency of the United Nations affiliated with the World Bank.
33. The branch of computer science that deal with writing computer programs that can solve problems creatively.
34. Reduction or lack of an immune response to a specific antigen.
36. Very dark black.
39. The cry made by sheep.
41. French philosopher and theologian.
44. A structure in which animals lay eggs or give birth to their young.
47. Offering fun and gaiety.
49. (Akkadian) God of wisdom.
50. Fleshy and usually brightly colored cover of some seeds that develops from the ovule stalk and partially or entirely envelopes the seed.
51. By bad luck.
53. An achromatic color of any lightness between the extremes of black and white.
55. (of soil) Soft and watery.
56. Tall feather palm of northern Brazil with hard-shelled nuts yielding valuable oil and a kind of vegetable ivory.
59. (Brit) An area of open or forested country.
60. A religious belief of African origin involving witchcraft and sorcery.
62. An Indian tree of the family Combretaceae that is a source of timber and gum.
64. An independent ruler or chieftain (especially in Africa or Arabia).
65. Delivered from danger.
67. (Greek mythology) A giant with 100 eyes.
68. The act of using.
69. A trivalent metallic element of the rare earth group.
70. A class of proteins produced in lymph tissue in vertebrates and that function as antibodies in the immune response.
71. Presently existing in fact and not merely potential or possible.
75. Sound recording consisting of a disc with continuous grooves.
78. Having two axes.
80. Diabetes caused by a relative or absolute deficiency of insulin and characterized by polyuria.
81. A state in midwestern United States.
82. A material effigy that is worshipped as a god.
85. Desert shrub of Syria and Arabia having small white flowers.
87. In bed.
89. The cardinal number that is the sum of four and one.
91. 40th President of the United States (1911- ).
94. Valuable fiber plant of East Indies now widespread in cultivation.
96. An ancient Assyrian city on the River Tigris and traditional capital of Assyria.
98. A rare silvery (usually trivalent) metallic element.
99. Imperial dynasty that ruled China (most of the time) from 206 BC to 221 and expanded its boundaries and developed its bureaucracy.
100. United States feminist who was active in the women's suffrage movement (1819-1910).
102. (Old Testament) In Judeo-Christian mythology.
104. Made agreeably cold (especially by ice).
106. A flat wing-shaped process or winglike part of an organism.
107. The sixth month of the civil year.
108. Mentally or physically infirm with age.
109. A particular geographical region of indefinite boundary (usually serving some special purpose or distinguished by its people or culture or geography).
1. A collection of objects laid on top of each other.
2. Type genus of the Alcidae comprising solely the razorbill.
3. 300 to 3000 kilohertz.
4. The Tibeto-Burman language spoken in the Dali region of Yunnan.
5. A member of the Siouan people formerly living in the Missouri river valley in NE Nebraska.
6. Stalk of a moss capsule.
7. A Russian river.
8. A crime syndicate in the United States.
9. A genus of temperate and arctic evergreen trees (see spruce).
10. Situated in front of the anus.
11. A white soft metallic element that tarnishes readily.
12. A Turkish unit of weight equal to about 2.75 pounds.
13. A member of the mercantile and professional Hindu caste.
14. A Tibetan or Mongolian priest of Lamaism.
15. A married German woman.
21. To a faint degree or weakly perceived.
23. The blood group whose red cells carry both the A and B antigens.
25. A loose dressing gown for women.
28. 1 species.
29. Cubes of meat marinated and cooked on a skewer usually with vegetables.
32. A trivalent metallic element of the rare earth group.
35. A rare heavy polyvalent metallic element that resembles manganese chemically and is used in some alloys.
37. Avitaminosis caused by lack of thiamine (vitamin B1).
38. God of the underworld and judge of the dead.
40. A soft white precious univalent metallic element having the highest electrical and thermal conductivity of any metal.
42. Successfully completed or brought to an end.
43. Absent-minded dreaming while awake.
45. The vertical triangular wall between the sloping ends of gable roof.
46. Type genus of the Alaudidae.
48. The slender spear of the Bantu-speaking people of Africa.
52. Egyptian statesman who (as President of Egypt) negotiated a peace treaty with Menachem Begin of Israel (1918-1981).
54. The posterior part of the mandible that is more or less vertical.
57. A low woody perennial plant usually having several major branches.
58. Of or relating to or associated with the uvula.
61. (British informal) An airless smoky smelly atmosphere.
63. A very poisonous metallic element that has three allotropic forms.
66. Stout-bodied insect with large membranous wings.
72. A person who chooses or selects out.
73. Treated with contempt.
74. Large genus of Australian evergreen shrubs or small trees with large daisylike flowers.
75. A member of the mercantile and professional Hindu caste.
76. An earth color containing ferric oxides.
77. A depression in an otherwise level surface.
79. Abnormal dryness of the conjunctiva and cornea of the eyes.
80. Unknown god.
83. An Indian tree of the family Combretaceae that is a source of timber and gum.
84. The basic unit of money in Romania.
86. 1/1000 gram.
88. Any of numerous local fertility and nature deities worshipped by ancient Semitic peoples.
90. (informal) Exceptionally good.
91. (Akkadian) God of wisdom.
92. American novelist (1909-1955).
93. A quantity of no importance.
95. The federal agency that insures residential mortgages.
97. An ugly evil-looking old woman.
101. A doctor's degree in optometry.
103. An official prosecutor for a judicial district.
104. A silvery ductile metallic element found primarily in bauxite.
105. A hard brittle blue-white multivalent metallic element.