1. A period of time spent sleeping.
4. Eaten as mush or as a thin gruel.
9. An inquiry into public opinion conducted by interviewing a random sample of people.
13. Of southern Europe.
16. Used of a single unit or thing.
17. Characterized by rough motion.
18. Type genus of the family Arcidae.
19. A broad flat muscle on either side of the back.
20. A mechanically operated piano that uses a roll of perforated paper to activate the keys.
22. Joint capital (with Mecca) of Saudi Arabia located in the central oasis.
24. Large brownish-green New Zealand parrot.
25. Primitive chlorophyll-containing mainly aquatic eukaryotic organisms lacking true stems and roots and leaves.
26. Sharply and deeply indented.
28. A virtually extinct Caucasian language spoken exclusively in Turkey.
29. A soft yellow malleable ductile (trivalent and univalent) metallic element.
30. Former measure of the US economy.
32. (in Gnosticism) A divine power or nature emanating from the Supreme Being and playing various roles in the operation of the universe.
34. A public promotion of some product or service.
35. Melon having yellowish rind and whitish flesh.
38. The capital of Mali.
43. An edilbe seaweed with a mild flavor.
46. Make less active or intense.
48. A shop selling delicatessen (as salads or cooked meats).
49. Evergreen Indian shrub with vivid yellow flowers whose bark is used in tanning.
51. The mansion of the lord of the manor.
52. A reptile genus of Iguanidae.
54. An awkward stupid person.
55. A very poisonous metallic element that has three allotropic forms.
56. Lower in esteem.
57. (India) Flat pancake-like bread cooked on a griddle.
60. The capacitance of a capacitor that has an equal and opposite charge of 1 coulomb on each plate and a voltage difference of 1 volt between the plates.
63. An honorary degree in science.
64. Mason wasps.
65. A unit of resistance equal to a billionth of an ohm.
67. North American republic containing 50 states - 48 conterminous states in North America plus Alaska in northwest North America and the Hawaiian Islands in the Pacific Ocean.
68. Small terrestrial lizard of warm regions of the Old World.
70. A town in north central Oklahoma.
71. A heavy precious metallic element.
72. Large elongated compressed food fish of European Atlantic waters.
74. A metric unit of volume or capacity equal to 10 liters.
78. A flat wing-shaped process or winglike part of an organism.
79. Concerning those not members of the clergy.
81. A slender double-reed instrument.
82. A recognizable kind.
87. In a competent capable manner.
90. The sixth month of the civil year.
91. Fabric dyed with splotches of green and brown and black and tan.
92. The capital and largest city of Japan.
94. One of the two main branches of orthodox Islam.
95. (Irish) The sea personified.
97. (Babylonian) God of wisdom and agriculture and patron of scribes and schools.
99. A federation of North American labor unions that merged with the Congress of Industrial Organizations in 1955.
100. Black tropical American cuckoo.
101. A metal or leather projection (as from the sole of a shoe).
102. An independent ruler or chieftain (especially in Africa or Arabia).
103. Towards the side away from the wind.
104. A rare polyvalent metallic element of the platinum group.
1. Plant with an elongated head of broad stalked leaves resembling celery.
2. A blue dye obtained from plants or made synthetically.
3. Small beads made from polished shells and formerly used as money by native Americans.
4. A dark-skinned member of a race of people living in Australia when Europeans arrived.
5. Eurasian perennial bulbous herbs.
6. A strategically located monarchy on the southern and eastern coasts of the Arabian Peninsula.
7. A long-playing phonograph record.
8. The lofty nest of a bird of prey (such as a hawk or eagle).
9. Genus of medium to large Malaysian trees yielding gutta-percha.
10. Toward the mouth or oral region.
11. A digital display that uses liquid crystal cells that change reflectivity in an applied electric field.
12. A Loloish language.
13. A resin used in adhesives and paints.
14. A branch of the Tai languages.
15. A major god.
21. Shrub bearing oval-fruited kumquats.
23. An isogram connecting points having equal barometric pressure at a given time.
27. Any of several plants of the genus Manihot having fleshy roots yielding a nutritious starch.
29. African tree having an exceedingly thick trunk and fruit that resembles a gourd and has an edible pulp called monkey bread.
31. The compass point that is one point east (clockwise) of due north.
33. A white metallic element that burns with a brilliant light.
36. Any of several bog orchids of the genus Arethusa having 1 or 2 showy flowers.
37. A deep bow.
39. A woman sahib.
40. God of love and erotic desire.
41. Medical instrument consisting of a magnifying lens and light.
42. The biological process whereby genetic factors are transmitted from one generation to the next.
44. A form of communism developed in China by Mao Zedong.
45. A port in western Israel on the Mediterranean.
47. Squash bugs.
50. American professional baseball player who hit more home runs than Babe Ruth (born in 1934).
53. (plate tectonic theory) A hypothetical continent including all the landmass of the earth prior to the Triassic period when it split into Laurasia and Gondwanaland.
58. A diver who searches for molluscs containing pearls.
59. A bluish shade of green.
61. Any of various deciduous or evergreen ornamental shrubs of the genus Abelia having opposite simple leaves and cymes of small white or pink or purplish flowers.
62. A doctor's degree in dental medicine.
66. (computer science) A unit for measuring computing power.
69. 1 species.
70. The lofty nest of a bird of prey (such as a hawk or eagle).
73. Medium-sized tree-dwelling monkey of the Amazon basin.
75. A town in central Belgium.
76. A loose sleeveless outer garment made from aba cloth.
77. Of an instrument of certain death.
80. Comb-plate or locomotor organ consisting of a row of strong cilia whose bases are fused.
81. A public promotion of some product or service.
83. Chief port of Yemen.
84. Any group or radical of the form RCO- where R is an organic group.
85. A challenge to do something dangerous or foolhardy.
86. Mild yellow Dutch cheese made in balls.
88. A characteristic state or mode of living.
89. A university in Connecticut.
93. A religious belief of African origin involving witchcraft and sorcery.
96. Being ten more than eighty.
98. An ancient city of Sumer located on a former channel of the Euphrates River.