1. Type genus of the Majidae.
5. Fabric dyed with splotches of green and brown and black and tan.
9. A small hard fruit.
13. An enzyme that catalyzes the oxidation of many body compounds (e.g., epinephrine and norepinephrine and serotonin).
16. A white crystalline double sulfate of aluminum.
17. A city in northwestern Syria.
18. Open-heart surgery in which the rib cage is opened and a section of a blood vessel is grafted from the aorta to the coronary artery to bypass the blocked section of the coronary artery and improve the blood supply to the heart.
19. A port in southwestern Scotland.
20. Submerged aquatic plant having narrow leaves and small flowers.
22. Swelling from excessive accumulation of serous fluid in tissue.
24. A federally sponsored corporation that insures accounts in national banks and other qualified institutions.
25. Any of numerous plants of the orchid family usually having flowers of unusual shapes and beautiful colors.
27. Metal shackles.
30. A nucleic acid consisting of large molecules shaped like a double helix.
31. The seed of the cereal grass.
32. A deceitful and unreliable scoundrel.
33. Comb-plate or locomotor organ consisting of a row of strong cilia whose bases are fused.
37. Of wines, fruit, cheeses.
40. A tricycle (usually propelled by pedalling).
48. A rare heavy polyvalent metallic element that resembles manganese chemically and is used in some alloys.
49. An organization of countries formed in 1961 to agree on a common policy for the sale of petroleum.
50. Lacking natural ease.
52. Norwegian mathematician (1802-1829).
54. A hard gray lustrous metallic element that is highly corrosion-resistant.
55. part of the peritoneum attached to the stomach and to the colon and covering the intestines.
56. Order of mammals having few or no teeth including.
58. Pertaining to or concerned with the humanities.
61. Informal terms for a (young) woman.
63. A city in north-central India.
64. Resembling or characteristic of or appropriate to an elegy.
66. In addition.
68. Term of address for a man.
69. Of or relating to the kidneys.
70. Heart and liver and other edible viscera especially of hogs.
75. A unit of heat equal to the amount of heat required to raise one pound of water one degree Fahrenheit at one atmosphere pressure.
77. Informal terms for a mother.
80. Having been read.
81. An upward slope or grade (as in a road).
84. An acute but unspecific feeling of anxiety.
86. A group of southern Bantu languages.
90. A member of a North American Indian people speaking one of the Hokan language.
94. Highly excited.
95. The United Nations agency concerned with atomic energy.
96. Assist or encourage, usually in some wrongdoing.
98. An accountant certified by the state.
99. Having finished or arrived at completion.
100. Toward the mouth or oral region.
101. A small cake leavened with yeast.
102. Consisting of or made of wood of the oak tree.
1. The mansion of the lord of the manor.
2. (biology) Having or resembling wings.
3. The liquid part that can be extracted from fruits and vegetables.
4. A woman hired to suckle a child of someone else.
5. A white metallic element that burns with a brilliant light.
6. Fermented alcoholic beverage similar to but heavier than beer.
7. Aristocratic Italian family of powerful merchants and bankers who ruled Florence in the 15th century.
8. A drama set to music.
9. The act of scanning.
10. (Akkadian) God of wisdom.
11. A gradual decline (in size or strength or power or number).
12. 1/10 gram.
13. Cause to go crazy.
14. The 16th letter of the Hebrew alphabet.
15. Predatory black-and-white toothed whale with large dorsal fin.
21. English theoretical physicist who applied relativity theory to quantum mechanics and predicted the existence of antimatter and the positron (1902-1984).
23. The molecular weight of a substance expressed in grams.
26. An official prosecutor for a judicial district.
28. A long monotonous harangue.
29. Liveliness and energy.
34. A diacritical mark (~) placed over the letter n in Spanish to indicate a palatal nasal sound or over a vowel in Portuguese to indicate nasalization.
35. Be in contradiction with.
36. A Bantu language spoken by the Chaga people in northern Tanzania.
38. An abnormally high degree of irritability or sensitivity or excitability.
39. 1 species.
41. Adornment consisting of an ornamental cloth pad worn on the shoulder.
42. A Mid-Atlantic state.
43. Genus of erect herbs of the Middle East having showy flowers.
44. The cry made by sheep.
45. A cord fastened around the neck with an ornamental clasp and worn as a necktie.
46. A soft yellow malleable ductile (trivalent and univalent) metallic element.
47. United States journalist with political ambitions (1811-1872).
51. A partially opened flower.
53. Any seed plant yielding balsam.
57. A yellow trivalent metallic element of the rare earth group.
59. A list of dishes available at a restaurant.
62. Tropical American aroid having edible tubers that are cooked and eaten like yams or potatoes.
65. A boy or man.
67. The beginning of anything.
71. Unarmed feather palms of central and northern South America.
72. A stiff protective garment worn by hockey players or a catcher in baseball to protect the shins.
73. Genus of widely distributed agarics that have white spores and are poisonous with few exceptions.
74. An emblem (a small piece of plastic or cloth or metal) that signifies your status (rank or membership or affiliation etc.).
76. A heavy odorless colorless gas formed during respiration and by the decomposition of organic substances.
78. An iconic mental representation.
79. A metallic element having four allotropic forms.
82. A company emblem or device.
83. A visual representation of an object or scene or person produced on a surface.
85. Someone who works (or provides workers) during a strike.
87. Beyond what is natural.
88. Type genus of the Nepidae.
89. A republic in the Middle East in western Asia.
91. A federation of North American industrial unions that merged with the American Federation of Labor in 1955.
92. A river in north central Switzerland that runs northeast into the Rhine.
93. An intricate network suggesting something that was formed by weaving or interweaving.
97. A soft silvery metallic element of the alkali earth group.