1. Any of various coarse shrubby plants of the genus Iva with small greenish flowers.
4. A former communist country in eastern Europe and northern Asia.
8. A woman hired to suckle a child of someone else.
12. (law) A comprehensive term for any proceeding in a court of law whereby an individual seeks a legal remedy.
16. An internationally recognized distress signal in radio code.
17. A member of the Siouan people formerly living in the Missouri river valley in NE Nebraska.
18. The main organ of photosynthesis and transpiration in higher plants.
19. (Babylonian) God of storms and wind.
20. An acid formed as an intermediate product of the metabolism of tyrosine and phenylalanine.
22. 4-wheeled motor vehicle.
24. An active and efficient cause.
25. The face or front of a building.
27. American professional baseball player who hit more home runs than Babe Ruth (born in 1934).
28. The basic unit of luminous intensity adopted under the System International d'Unites.
31. Depressing in character or appearance.
32. A chronic progressive nervous disorder involving loss of myelin sheath around certain nerve fibers.
38. A radioactive element of the actinide series.
40. Half the width of an em.
42. A state in New England.
43. Of a temperature scale that registers the freezing point of water as 32 degrees F and the boiling point as 212 degrees F at one atmosphere of pressure.
44. A wad of something chewable as tobacco.
49. Fungus used in the preparation of punk for fuses.
51. A river in north central Switzerland that runs northeast into the Rhine.
52. Small genus of Eurasian herbs.
53. Unknown god.
54. A hormone produced by the anterior pituitary gland.
55. A roll of tobacco for smoking.
58. One of the strands twisted together to make yarn or rope or thread.
59. Smeared with something that soils or stains.
62. Any plant of the genus Inula.
63. (Akkadian) God of wisdom.
65. A swampy arm or slow-moving outlet of a lake (term used mainly in Mississippi and Louisiana).
66. An association of nations dedicated to economic and political cooperation in southeastern Asia.
67. Of or relating to the ancient Aramaic languages.
70. A monarchy in northwestern Europe occupying most of the British Isles.
71. Provided with artificial light.
73. Assign the wrong date to.
76. Of or relating an apse.
80. A master's degree in library science.
83. Harsh or corrosive in tone.
84. Large burrowing rodent of South and Central America.
85. A tricycle (usually propelled by pedalling).
87. An Indian side dish of yogurt and chopped cucumbers and spices.
90. Perennial herb of East India to Polynesia and Australia cultivated for its large edible root yielding Otaheite arrowroot starch.
93. The sign language used in the United States.
94. A state in New England.
95. One of the two main branches of orthodox Islam.
97. A yearning for something or to do something.
98. A boy or man.
99. Typical geese.
100. Noisy talk.
101. A sweetened beverage of diluted fruit juice.
102. A soft white precious univalent metallic element having the highest electrical and thermal conductivity of any metal.
1. (Old Testament) The second patriarch.
2. A Russian river.
3. Travel up, "We ascended the mountain".
4. Innumerable but many.
5. The seventh and last day of the week.
6. An ancient musical horn made from the horn of a ram.
7. Type genus of the Ranidae.
8. Type genus of the Alcidae comprising solely the razorbill.
9. English economist noted for his studies of international trade and finance (born in 1907).
10. A river in north central Switzerland that runs northeast into the Rhine.
11. A gray tetravalent metallic element that resembles zirconium chemically and is found in zirconium minerals.
12. Brightly colored carnivorous fish of western Atlantic and West Indies waters.
13. The sixth month of the civil year.
14. Powdery starch from certain sago palms.
15. Any place of complete bliss and delight and peace.
21. (New Testament) Disciple of Jesus.
23. Containing or filled with salt.
26. Perennial herbs of Europe and Iran.
29. A white soft metallic element that tarnishes readily.
30. A Greek island west of Greece.
33. A narcotic that is considered a hard drug.
34. In operation or operational.
35. (of soil) Soft and watery.
36. An arctic atmospheric condition with clouds over snow produce a uniform whiteness and objects are difficult to see.
37. A sovereign prince of the former ruling house of Austria.
39. Metal shackles.
41. A band that fits around the neck and is usually folded over.
45. Present reasons and arguments.
46. A soft white precious univalent metallic element having the highest electrical and thermal conductivity of any metal.
47. Greek mythology.
48. Boiled or baked buckwheat.
50. Clothing of a distinctive style or for a particular occasion.
56. Paralysis of the vocal cords resulting in an inability to speak.
57. Insectivorous usually semiaquatic web-footed amphibian with smooth moist skin and long hind legs.
60. Injure or wound seriously and leave permanent disfiguration or mutilation.
61. Of or relating to the heart.
64. Modulation of the frequency of the (radio) carrier wave.
68. A person who backs a politician or a team etc..
69. An independent agency of the United States government responsible for collecting and coordinating intelligence and counterintelligence activities abroad in the national interest.
72. United States abolitionist (1786-1865).
74. Make a high-pitched, screeching noise, as of a door.
75. One of 7 to 12 sons of Aditi.
76. Gone by.
77. A fractional monetary unit in Bangladesh and India and Nepal and Pakistan.
78. A burn cause by hot liquid or steam.
79. United States rock star singer and pianist (born in 1935).
80. A silvery soft waxy metallic element of the alkali metal group.
81. A digital display that uses liquid crystal cells that change reflectivity in an applied electric field.
82. Improperly forward or bold.
83. A rare heavy polyvalent metallic element that resembles manganese chemically and is used in some alloys.
86. A native or inhabitant of Denmark.
88. Bound or secured closely.
89. An inflammatory disease involving the sebaceous glands of the skin.
91. A benevolent aspect of Devi.
92. A form of entertainment that enacts a story by a sequence of images giving the illusion of continuous movement.
96. (astronomy) The angular distance of a celestial point measured westward along the celestial equator from the zenith crossing.