1. A mature blood cell that contains hemoglobin to carry oxygen to the bodily tissues.
4. A rechargeable battery with a nickel cathode and a cadmium anode.
9. Fast-growing herbaceous evergreen tree of South America having a broad trunk with high water content and dark green oval leaves.
13. A fatal disease of cattle that affects the central nervous system.
16. The fatty flesh of eel.
17. Tropical American plants with basal rosettes of fibrous sword-shaped leaves and flowers in tall spikes.
18. Sweet juicy gritty-textured fruit available in many varieties.
19. A reproach for some lapse or misdeed.
20. An alloy of mercury with another metal (usually silver) used by dentists to fill cavities in teeth.
22. A state in northwestern United States on the Pacific.
24. The residue that remains when something is burned.
25. A person to whom money is paid.
26. A tricycle (usually propelled by pedalling).
28. English writer (1925-1994).
30. A soft white precious univalent metallic element having the highest electrical and thermal conductivity of any metal.
31. A baton used by a magician or water diviner.
32. A tricyclic antidepressant (trade names Imavate and Tofranil) used to treat clinical depression.
35. The seventh month of the Moslem calendar.
37. The capital of Western Samoa.
41. The work of caring for or attending to someone or something.
42. Grass mowed and cured for use as fodder.
44. A highly unstable radioactive element (the heaviest of the halogen series).
46. At a specific prior time.
47. Cast again, in a different role.
50. A member of either of two Shoshonean peoples (Northern Paiute and Southern Paiute) related to the Aztecs and living in southwestern United States.
51. A state in midwestern United States.
52. (Akkadian) God of wisdom.
54. (Greek mythology) King of Thebes who was unwittingly killed by his son Oedipus.
55. Garment consisting of a folded cloth drawn up between the legs and fastened at the waist.
56. Nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drug (trade names Orudis or Orudis KT or Oruvail).
59. Small branch or division of a branch.
61. A period marked by distinctive character or reckoned from a fixed point or event.
62. A room or establishment where alcoholic drinks are served over a counter.
63. An official prosecutor for a judicial district.
64. Relating to or used in or intended for trade or commerce.
65. A wall hanging of heavy handwoven fabric with pictorial designs.
66. (Akkadian) God of wisdom.
67. Any division of quantity accepted as a standard of measurement or exchange.
69. Knock unconscious or senseless.
71. A silvery ductile metallic element found primarily in bauxite.
72. Being one more than fifty.
73. Being one more than one hundred.
74. Curved or curving in and out.
78. A Chadic language spoken south of Lake Chad.
80. (computer science) A system of world-wide electronic communication in which a computer user can compose a message at one terminal that is generated at the recipient's terminal when he logs in.
81. A soft silvery metallic element of the alkali earth group.
82. Stairway in India leading down to a landing on the water.
83. A hard gray lustrous metallic element that is highly corrosion-resistant.
85. A nonmetallic largely pentavalent heavy volatile corrosive dark brown liquid element belonging to the halogens.
86. A state in southeastern United States between the Atlantic and the Gulf of Mexico.
87. Any of numerous local fertility and nature deities worshipped by ancient Semitic peoples.
90. (Babylonian) God of wisdom and agriculture and patron of scribes and schools.
93. Poorly stated or described.
97. The phenomenon of resistance to motion through a fluid.
98. The actions and activities assigned to or required or expected of a person or group.
99. A beckoning gesture.
101. Precipitation of ice pellets when there are strong rising air currents.
103. Aromatic bulb used as seasoning.
104. Free from favoritism or self-interest or bias or deception.
105. (Babylonian) God of storms and wind.
106. Lacking in liveliness or charm or surprise.
107. Being one more than ninety.
1. Gather, as of as crops.
2. Area around the altar of a church for the clergy and choir.
3. Ceramic ware made from clay and baked in a kiln.
4. Small genus of Asian evergreen trees having columnar crowns and distinguished by leaves lacking a midrib.
5. One of the most common of the five major classes of immunoglobulins.
6. Providing sophisticated amusement by virtue of having artificially (and vulgarly) mannered or banal or sentimental qualities.
7. The eleventh month of the civil year.
8. Tall East Indian cedar having spreading branches with nodding tips.
9. An organization of countries formed in 1961 to agree on a common policy for the sale of petroleum.
10. A unit of power equal to one million watts.
11. African tree having an exceedingly thick trunk and fruit that resembles a gourd and has an edible pulp called monkey bread.
12. A large vase that usually has a pedestal or feet.
13. (informal) Exceptionally good.
14. A framework that holds the panes of a window in the window frame.
15. An ancient Hebrew unit of dry measure equal to about a bushel.
21. Made light by aerating, as with yeast or baking powder.
23. Port city that is the capital and largest city of Latvia.
27. A port city in southwestern Turkey on the Gulf of Antalya.
29. Last or greatest in an indefinitely large series.
33. A great rani.
34. A British peer ranking below a Marquess and above a Viscount.
36. Family of small leafhoppers coextensive with the Cicadellidae and not distinguished from it in some classifications.
38. A person who is very poor.
39. Act together or towards others or with others.
40. Youthful appearance in an old person.
43. Marked by spirited enjoyment.
45. In the shape of a coil.
48. An oral antibiotic (trade name Cipro) used against serious bacterial infections of the skin or respiratory tract of urinary tract or bones or joints.
49. A sensation (as of a cold breeze or bright light) that precedes the onset of certain disorders such as a migraine attack or epileptic seizure.
53. A resource.
57. Liquid excretory product.
58. The female or generative principle.
60. Cut off the testicles.
66. A ribbon used as a decoration.
68. A gymnast who performs rolls and somersaults and twists etc..
69. Small genus of Asian evergreen trees having columnar crowns and distinguished by leaves lacking a midrib.
70. King of Wessex.
71. The eleventh month of the civil year.
75. A river in north central Switzerland that runs northeast into the Rhine.
76. A small cake leavened with yeast.
77. (Greek mythology) One of the three Graces.
78. A radioactive gaseous element formed by the disintegration of radium.
79. A drug (trade names Atarax and Vistaril) used as a tranquilizer to treat anxiety and motion sickness.
80. The residue that remains when something is burned.
84. Small buffalo of the Celebes having small straight horns.
88. A condition (mostly in boys) characterized by behavioral and learning disorders.
89. The sixth month of the civil year.
91. The Tibeto-Burman language spoken in the Dali region of Yunnan.
92. Large sweet juicy hybrid between tangerine and grapefruit having a thick wrinkled skin.
94. A user interface in which you type commands instead of choosing them from a menu or selecting an icon.
95. A loose sleeveless outer garment made from aba cloth.
96. Kidney disease characterized by enlarged kidneys containing many cysts.
100. A white metallic element that burns with a brilliant light.
102. 16 ounces.