1. (often followed by `of') A large number or amount or extent.
4. Made of wood of the aspen tree n.
9. An equal exchange.
13. A compartment in front of a motor vehicle where driver sits.
16. A dark-skinned member of a race of people living in Australia when Europeans arrived.
17. A message expressing an opinion based on incomplete evidence.
18. Wrap us in a cerecloth, as of a corpse.
19. A flat wing-shaped process or winglike part of an organism.
20. A poor white person in the southern US.
22. Congenital absence of an arm or leg.
24. A unit of electrical power in an AC circuit equal to the power dissipated when 1 volt produces a current of 1 ampere.
25. The United Nations agency concerned with atomic energy.
26. A large estate in Spanish-speaking countries.
29. An Indian tree of the family Combretaceae that is a source of timber and gum.
31. A slight push or shake.
32. A language unit by which a person or thing is known.
33. Hormone secreted by the posterior pituitary gland (trade name Pitressin) and also by nerve endings in the hypothalamus.
36. Rise or heave upward under the influence of a natural force, as on a wave.
45. (sport) Used of your own ground.
47. (Roman mythology) God of love.
49. Leaf or strip from a leaf of the talipot palm used in India for writing paper.
50. Group of people related by blood or marriage.
51. Towards the side away from the wind.
52. A sails-shaped constellation in the southern hemisphere near Carina.
53. Someone who plies a trade.
56. An endorsement.
58. Of or relating to or characteristic of Benin or its people.
59. Small genus of erect balsam-scented herbs.
61. Cubes of meat marinated and cooked on a skewer usually with vegetables.
64. A beverage made by steeping tea leaves in water.
65. A public promotion of some product or service.
66. Shrub bearing oval-fruited kumquats.
68. Harmony of people's opinions or actions or characters.
70. Re-equip a factory or plant.
72. German chemist noted for the synthetic production of ammonia (1868-1934).
73. A particular geographical region of indefinite boundary (usually serving some special purpose or distinguished by its people or culture or geography).
74. Ground meat formed into a ball and fried or simmered in broth.
77. And nothing more.
79. 4-wheeled motor vehicle.
82. An important dogsled race run annually on the Iditarod Trail.
86. A loose sleeveless outer garment made from aba cloth.
87. A member of the Mayan people of the Yucatan peninsula in Mexico.
89. Eurasian perennial bulbous herbs.
90. The molecular weight of a substance expressed in grams.
91. A genus of Strigidae.
92. A small cake leavened with yeast.
94. The part of a hammerhead opposite the flat striking surface (may have various shapes).
95. A former agency (from 1946 to 1974) that was responsible for research into atomic energy and its peacetime uses in the United States.
96. A strip of land projecting into a body of water.
97. Large lipoproteins rich in triglycerides.
98. Type genus of the Alcidae comprising solely the razorbill.
1. Long-winged web-footed aquatic bird of the gull family.
2. A religious belief of African origin involving witchcraft and sorcery.
3. A genus of delicate ferns belonging to the family Osmundaceae.
4. How long something has existed.
5. Of a kind specified or understood.
6. Large dark brown North American arboreal carnivorous mammal.
7. A radioactive transuranic element produced by bombarding plutonium with neutrons.
8. An anti-inflammatory drug that does not contain steroids.
9. The place where some action occurs.
10. European mignonette cultivated as a source of yellow dye.
11. An elaborate song for solo voice.
12. Seed of a pea plant.
13. A warning against certain acts.
14. Fear resulting from the awareness of danger.
15. The absolute unit of pressure equal to one dyne per square centimeter.
21. A tranquilizer (trade name Navane) used to treat schizophrenia.
23. A unit of resistance equal to one million ohms.
27. A ductile malleable reddish-brown corrosion-resistant diamagnetic metallic element.
28. Make a slave of.
30. A condition (mostly in boys) characterized by behavioral and learning disorders.
34. A city in southwestern Switzerland at the western end of Lake Geneva.
35. A feeling of intense anger.
37. Act in unison or agreement and in secret towards a deceitful or illegal purpose.
38. (computer science) A system of world-wide electronic communication in which a computer user can compose a message at one terminal that is generated at the recipient's terminal when he logs in.
39. (prefix) Indicating difference or variation.
40. An accidental hole that allows something (fluid or light etc.) to enter or escape.
41. Medium tall celery pine of New Zealand.
42. Aromatic bulb used as seasoning.
43. French author of sophisticated comedies (1622-1673).
44. A city in southeastern Spain.
46. 1,000,000,000 periods per second.
48. A wise and trusted guide and advisor.
54. A member of a people inhabiting the Arctic (northern Canada or Greenland or Alaska or eastern Siberia).
55. A rare heavy polyvalent metallic element that resembles manganese chemically and is used in some alloys.
57. Relating to the blood vessels or blood.
60. An associate degree in nursing.
62. Of or pertaining to or contained in or in accordance with the Bible.
63. A barbiturate used as a hypnotic.
67. Type genus of the family Astacidae.
68. A radioactive transuranic element produced by bombarding plutonium with neutrons.
69. Tree of the genus Catalpa with large leaves and white flowers followed by long slender pods.
70. A warning against certain acts.
71. (Greek mythology) A mythical monster with three heads that was slain by Hercules.
75. (medicine) Having or experiencing a rapid onset and short but severe course.
76. An alloy of copper and zinc.
77. A resource.
78. (Sumerian) Sun god.
80. A slender double-reed instrument.
81. A fine grained mineral having a soft soapy feel and consisting of hydrated magnesium silicate.
83. The basic unit of money in Cambodia.
84. An organization of countries formed in 1961 to agree on a common policy for the sale of petroleum.
85. (Irish) Mother of the Tuatha De Danann.
88. The herpes virus that causes infectious mononucleosis.
93. A bachelor's degree in religion.