1. Headdress that protects the head from bad weather.
4. Someone who has won first place in a competition.
9. The sediment from fermentation of an alcoholic beverage.
13. A federally chartered savings bank.
16. (Babylonian) The sky god.
17. Of or relating to the kidneys.
18. A city in east central Texas.
19. A hospital unit staffed and equipped to provide intensive care.
20. An inflammatory complication of leprosy that results in painful skin lesions on the arms and legs and face.
21. Any of the enzymes that catalyze biological oxidation.
23. Any of numerous low-growing plants of the genus Crocus having slender grasslike leaves and white or yellow or purple flowers.
25. Injure or wound seriously and leave permanent disfiguration or mutilation.
27. Extreme mental retardation.
29. American pioneer photographer famous for his portraits.
30. A genus of Ploceidae.
32. A trivalent metallic element of the rare earth group.
33. A narcotic that is considered a hard drug.
35. A game in which numbered balls are drawn and random and players cover the corresponding numbers on their cards.
39. A soft cotton or worsted fabric with an open mesh.
43. A rare polyvalent metallic element of the platinum group.
44. A percussion instrument consisting of a pair of hollow pieces of wood or bone (usually held between the thumb and fingers) that are made to click together (as by Spanish dancers) in rhythm with the dance.
46. Assign a new name to.
47. A theatrical performer.
50. An artificial language for international use that rejects rejects all existing words and is based instead on an abstract analysis of ideas.
51. A member of a Finnish people living in the northwestern Urals in Russia.
53. The length of a straight line passing through the center of a circle and connecting two points on the circumference.
54. The capital and largest city of Bangladesh.
55. Of or in or belonging to the cavity of the abdomen.
57. A Hindu theistic philosophy.
58. A colorless and odorless inert gas.
59. Headgear for a horse.
62. Provided with artificial light.
63. English theologian whose objections to Roman Catholic doctrine anticipated the Protestant Reformation (1328-1384).
69. Closed with a lace.
70. Brownish Old World bunting often eaten as a delicacy.
73. Made agreeably cold (especially by ice).
74. A hard brittle blue-white multivalent metallic element.
75. Collect or gather.
76. A quantity of no importance.
77. (informal usage) A general feeling of boredom and dissatisfaction.
81. Designating a solution containing 1 mole of solute per 1000 grams of solvent.
83. A bachelor's degree in theology.
85. Of a pale purple color.
86. Tropical American tree bearing a small edible fruit with green leathery skin and sweet juicy translucent pulp.
88. American professional baseball player who hit more home runs than Babe Ruth (born in 1934).
91. A promontory in northern Morocco opposite the Rock of Gibraltar.
93. Harsh or corrosive in tone.
95. An informal term for a father.
96. A strong emotion.
97. The period of time during which you are absent from work or duty.
101. (British) Your grandmother.
102. The lower part of the abdomen just above the external genital organs.
103. A small cake leavened with yeast.
104. An acute febrile highly contagious viral disease.
1. A complex red organic pigment containing iron and other atoms to which oxygen binds.
2. A former copper coin of Pakistan.
3. Eurasian perennial bulbous herbs.
4. Electronic equipment that provides visual images of varying electrical quantities.
5. The cardinal number that is the sum of five and one.
6. (Jungian psychology) The inner self (not the external persona) that is in touch with the unconscious.
7. Produced by a manufacturing process.
8. A deciduous tree of the family Ulmaceae that grows in the southeastern United States.
9. 100 lwei equal 1 kwanza.
10. (Akkadian) God of wisdom.
11. (computer science) A coding system that incorporates extra parity bits in order to detect errors.
12. A material that has been or is capable of being taken up by another substance by either absorption or adsorption.
13. A tax on employees and employers that is used to fund the Social Security system.
14. The act of moving along swiftly (as before a gale).
15. Actively or fully engaged or occupied.
22. Form with a strickle.
24. A sheer stiff muslin.
26. A starch made by leaching and drying the root of the cassava plant.
28. A very poisonous metallic element that has three allotropic forms.
31. An uproarious party.
34. Of or relating to or containing cerium especially with valence 4.
36. Quandong trees.
37. Apparatus consisting of a box designed to maintain a constant temperature by the use of a thermostat.
38. Any of a group of antidepressant drugs that inhibit the action of monoamine oxidase in the brain and so allow monoamines to accumulate.
40. Highly decorated earthenware with a glaze of tin oxide.
41. Not based on fact.
42. Unsegmented worms.
45. (architecture) Forming or resembling an arch.
48. A crystalline metallic element not found in nature.
49. Marked by excessive enthusiasm for and intense devotion to a cause or idea.
52. A state in southeastern India on the Bay of Bengal (south of Andhra Pradesh).
56. Angular distance above the horizon (especially of a celestial object).
60. A substance produced by the hypothalamus that is capable of accelerating the secretion of a given hormone by the anterior pituitary gland.
61. A bachelor's degree in science.
64. Being ten more than one hundred ninety.
65. Of an instrument of certain death.
66. Great brightness.
67. In or of the present month.
68. In the Arabian Nights a hero who tells of the fantastic adventures he had in his voyages.
71. Congenital deformity of the foot usually marked by a curled shape or twisted position of the ankle and heel and toes.
72. Of or relating to Oman or its people.
78. A small faint zodiacal constellation in the southern hemisphere.
79. Not contained in or deriving from the essential nature of something.
80. The skin that covers the top of the head.
82. Front consisting of the conical head of a missile or rocket that protects the payload from heat during its passage through the atmosphere.
84. A member of a seafaring group of North American Indians who lived on the Pacific coast of British Columbia and southwestern Alaska.
87. Large burrowing rodent of South and Central America.
89. A translucent mineral consisting of hydrated silica of variable color.
90. (Babylonian) God of wisdom and agriculture and patron of scribes and schools.
92. The bill in a restaurant.
94. A compartment in front of a motor vehicle where driver sits.
95. Goddess of criminal rashness and its punishment.
98. A bivalent and trivalent metallic element of the rare earth group.
99. A metallic element having four allotropic forms.
100. 30 to 300 kilohertz.