1. (Scotland) A small loaf or roll of soft bread.
4. A statistical method for making simultaneous comparisons between two or more means.
9. Deeply moved.
13. Inquire about.
16. A metal-bearing mineral valuable enough to be mined.
17. Reddish long-tailed monkey of west Africa.
18. (prefix) Indicating difference or variation.
19. Aircraft landing in bad weather in which the pilot is talked down by ground control using precision approach radar.
20. Indonesian statesman who obtained the independence of Indonesia from the Netherlands in 1949 and served as president until ousted by Suharto in a coup d'etat (1901-1970).
22. Tall fan palm of Africa and India and Malaysia yielding a hard wood and sweet sap that is a source of palm wine and sugar.
24. The most common computer memory which can be used by programs to perform necessary tasks while the computer is on.
25. A republic in the Middle East in western Asia.
26. Grown for its thickened edible aromatic root.
28. A man who has been castrated and is incapable of reproduction.
30. The branch of engineering science that studies the uses of electricity and the equipment for power generation and distribution and the control of machines and communication.
31. Port city that is the capital and largest city of Latvia.
33. A plant hormone promoting elongation of stems and roots.
36. A city of north central North Carolina.
40. A primeval personification of air and breath.
42. The month following October and preceding December.
44. 10 grams.
46. Any of several tall tropical palms native to southeastern Asia having egg-shaped nuts.
47. A radioactive metallic element that is similar to tellurium and bismuth.
48. Forming or set at an angle.
51. The range within which a voice can be heard.
53. Excessively fat.
55. A genus of Stromateidae.
57. A particular geographical region of indefinite boundary (usually serving some special purpose or distinguished by its people or culture or geography).
58. A digital display that uses liquid crystal cells that change reflectivity in an applied electric field.
59. A soft silvery metallic element of the alkali earth group.
61. A member of an American Indian peoples of NE South America and the Lesser Antilles.
63. A secret agent hired by a state to obtain (military) information about its enemies or by a business to obtain industrial secrets from competitors.
64. A body of water cut off from a larger body by a reef of sand or coral.
66. A Hindu goddess who releases from sin or disease.
67. The 8th letter of the Greek alphabet.
69. An organization of countries formed in 1961 to agree on a common policy for the sale of petroleum.
70. Of or relating to or in the manner of the playwright Henrik Ibsen.
73. Half the width of an em.
74. Combatant who tries to throw opponent to the ground.
75. A large fleet.
78. A woman hired to suckle a child of someone else.
81. A radioactive element of the actinide series.
83. Cubes of meat marinated and cooked on a skewer usually with vegetables.
84. A metric unit of length equal to one hundredth of a meter.
86. Any of various strong liquors distilled from the fermented sap of toddy palms or from fermented molasses.
88. United States writer noted for his droll epigrams (1902-1971).
91. (Old Testament) In Judeo-Christian mythology.
94. Title for a civil or military leader (especially in Turkey).
95. Wild and domestic cattle.
97. Made agreeably cold (especially by ice).
99. Being one more than two.
100. (informal) Of the highest quality.
101. Tropical American tree producing cacao beans.
102. The Fate who spins the thread of life.
103. An implement used to propel or steer a boat.
1. A cricket ball bowled as if to break one way that actually breaks in the opposite way.
2. (Akkadian) Mother and earth goddess in Gilgamish epic.
3. Large dark brown North American arboreal carnivorous mammal.
4. The month following March and preceding May.
5. A walled city in southeastern China on the Gan Jiang.
6. A member of the Siouan people inhabiting the valleys of the Platte and Missouri rivers in Nebraska.
7. A state in the eastern United States.
8. In a state of sleep.
9. (the feminine of raja) A Hindu princess or the wife of a raja.
10. The table in Christian churches where communion is given.
11. Free from disturbance.
12. A prominent rock or pile of rocks on a hill.
13. A city in northern India.
14. A fraudulent business scheme.
15. God of love and erotic desire.
21. Italian (Roman Catholic) theologian remembered for his attempt to reconcile faith and reason in a comprehensive theology (1225-1274).
23. (Greek mythology) One of the mountain nymphs.
27. Xerophytic evergreen shrubs.
29. A white metallic element that burns with a brilliant light.
32. Drought-tolerant herb grown for forage and for its seed which yield a gum used as a thickening agent or sizing material.
34. Filled or abounding with clouds.
35. A complex red organic pigment containing iron and other atoms to which oxygen binds.
37. A vehicle for carrying a coffin to a church or a cemetery.
38. Generally approved or compelling recognition.
39. A major school of Buddhism teaching social concern and universal salvation.
41. Large high frilly cap with a full crown.
43. Leaf or strip from a leaf of the talipot palm used in India for writing paper.
45. A narrow republic surrounded by Senegal in West Africa.
49. (Babylonian) God of wisdom and agriculture and patron of scribes and schools.
50. An ornamental jewelled headdress signifying sovereignty.
52. An intensely radioactive metallic element that occurs in minute amounts in uranium ores.
54. At or constituting a border or edge.
56. A speech sound produced with both the oral and nasal passages open (as French nasal vowels).
60. (Jungian psychology) The inner self (not the external persona) that is in touch with the unconscious.
62. A New England state.
65. English scholastic philosopher and assumed author of Occam's Razor (1285-1349).
68. Tea tortrix.
71. Used of riotously drunken merrymaking.
72. A durable fabric formerly loomed by hand in China from natural cotton having a yellowish color.
73. A prominent rock or pile of rocks on a hill.
76. An artificial language for international use that rejects rejects all existing words and is based instead on an abstract analysis of ideas.
77. (of tempo) Leisurely n.
78. A rotating disk shaped to convert circular into linear motion.
79. Red Bordeaux wine from the Medoc district of southwestern France.
80. Lower in esteem.
82. United States anarchist (born in Italy) who with Bartolomeo Vanzetti was convicted of murder and in spite of world-wide protest was executed (1891-1927).
83. Harsh or corrosive in tone.
85. An island northwest of Wales.
87. Water falling in drops from vapor condensed in the atmosphere.
88. A colorless and odorless inert gas.
89. One of the two main branches of orthodox Islam.
90. Dense growth of hairs covering the body or parts of it (as on the human head).
92. Relating to or characteristic of or occurring on the sea or ships.
93. An inflated feeling of pride in your superiority to others.
96. Date used in reckoning dates before the supposed year Christ was born.
98. An official prosecutor for a judicial district.