1. Telephone line (Wide Area Telephone Service).
5. English prelate noted for his pessimistic sermons and articles (1860-1954).
9. Voluntary contributions to aid the poor.
13. Having a toe or toes of a specified kind.
16. On, to, or at the top.
17. A twist or aberration.
18. An informal conversation.
19. A period marked by distinctive character or reckoned from a fixed point or event.
20. The United Nations agency concerned with atomic energy.
21. A mental representation of some haunting experience.
23. (British) A maker of counterfeit coins.
25. The basic monetary unit in many countries.
27. (thermodynamics) Conforming to the Carnot cycle.
29. Register formally.
30. A light touch or stroke.
32. A ridge that forms a seam between two parts.
34. A city in southwestern California east of Los Angeles.
39. Harsh or corrosive in tone.
42. Relatively small fast-moving sloth.
43. (Irish) Chief god of the Tuatha De Danann.
45. Being ten more than one hundred forty.
46. A state in New England.
47. A compartment in front of a motor vehicle where driver sits.
48. A soft white precious univalent metallic element having the highest electrical and thermal conductivity of any metal.
49. Release through one's pores, as of sweat.
52. A Spanish river.
54. Cubes of meat marinated and cooked on a skewer usually with vegetables.
56. The acetylated derivative of salicylic acid.
58. Gear (including necessary machinery) for a particular enterprise.
59. (Islam) The man who leads prayers in a mosque.
61. The amount of something (as whiskey or oil) lost in storage or transportation.
64. Wife of Ramachandra.
65. Of the appetites and passions of the body.
66. A resident of Utah.
67. (astronomy) The angular distance of a celestial point measured westward along the celestial equator from the zenith crossing.
68. A white soft metallic element that tarnishes readily.
70. A longitudinal beam connected to the keel of ship to strengthen it.
72. Expressed without speech.
75. A contagious skin infection caused by the itch mite.
77. A bottle with a stopper.
80. A federal agency established to coordinate programs aimed at reducing pollution and protecting the environment.
81. A jumble of things to be given away.
85. (of complexion) Blemished by imperfections of the skin.
89. An agency of the United Nations affiliated with the World Bank.
90. Property that is leased or rented out or let.
92. An organization of countries formed in 1961 to agree on a common policy for the sale of petroleum.
95. A loose sleeveless outer garment made from aba cloth.
96. Used in combination to denote the middle.
97. A person of Iranian descent.
98. Not only so, but.
99. The federal department responsible for safeguarding national security.
100. Chiefly perennial grasses of cool temperate regions.
101. (Welsh myth) The other world.
102. A river in north central Switzerland that runs northeast into the Rhine.
103. (Irish) Mother of the ancient Irish gods.
1. A homeless child especially one forsaken or orphaned.
2. Essential oil or perfume obtained from flowers.
3. 100 toea equal 1 kina.
4. A German machine gun.
5. A radical labor movement in the United States founded in nd dedicated to the overthrow of capitalism.
6. A lawman concerned with narcotics violations.
7. Common gray wild goose of Europe.
8. Surpassing the ordinary especially in size or scale.
9. Canna grown especially for its edible rootstock from which arrowroot starch is obtained.
10. A gonadotropic hormone that is secreted by the anterior pituitary.
11. (British) A waterproof raincoat made of rubberized fabric.
12. Small porch or set of steps at the front entrance of a house.
13. Small often spiny insectivorous mammal of Madagascar.
14. Chocolate cookie with white cream filling.
15. A British peer ranking below a Marquess and above a Viscount.
22. A soft gray malleable metallic element that resembles tin but discolors on exposure to air.
24. Draw in by breathing.
26. Someone who is morally reprehensible.
28. Malevolent aspect of Devi.
31. English monk and scholar (672-735).
33. A colorless and odorless inert gas.
35. A lack of vitality.
36. A midnight meeting of witches to practice witchcraft and sorcery.
37. A city in southern Japan on Kyushu.
38. The greatest or most complete or best possible.
40. Pour water on.
41. Greek Cynic philosopher who rejected social conventions (circa 400-325 BC).
44. make a deposition.
50. A mountain range in western Russia extending from the arctic to the Caspian Sea.
51. Speak, pronounce, or utter in a certain way.
53. A member of a Dravidian people living in Pakistan.
55. An alloy of mercury with another metal (usually silver) used by dentists to fill cavities in teeth.
57. Make a high-pitched, screeching noise, as of a door.
60. A radioactive element of the actinide series.
62. The local time at the 0 meridian passing through Greenwich, England.
63. An alloy of copper and zinc (and sometimes arsenic) used to imitate gold in cheap jewelry and for gilding.
69. Important European leguminous forage plant with trifoliate leaves and blue-violet flowers grown widely as a pasture and hay crop.
70. A radical labor movement in the United States founded in nd dedicated to the overthrow of capitalism.
71. A mouth or mouthlike opening.
73. A large fleet.
74. Of or relating to or characteristic of the prehistoric Aegean civilization.
75. Electrical conduction through a gas in an applied electric field.
76. Any member of Athapaskan tribes that migrated to the southwestern desert (from Arizona to Texas and south into Mexico).
78. The audible part of a transmitted signal.
79. An official prosecutor for a judicial district.
82. Earn on some commercial or business transaction.
83. One of a pair of long straps (usually connected to the bit or the headpiece) used to control a horse.
84. Spanish painter best known for his portraits (1746-1828).
86. A quantity of no importance.
87. Very dark black.
88. An informal term for a father.
91. The compass point midway between south and southwest.
93. Seed of a pea plant.
94. The sense organ for hearing and equilibrium.