1. The bill in a restaurant.
4. The inner and thicker of the two bones of the human leg between the knee and ankle.
9. A lateen-rigged sailing vessel used by Arabs.
13. A woolen cap of Scottish origin.
16. A self-funded retirement plan that allows you to contribute a limited yearly sum toward your retirement.
17. German iris having large white flowers with lavender-tinged falls and a fragrant rhizome.
18. A sensation (as of a cold breeze or bright light) that precedes the onset of certain disorders such as a migraine attack or epileptic seizure.
19. A condition (mostly in boys) characterized by behavioral and learning disorders.
20. Force a fluid through (a body part or tissue).
22. Medium-sized tree-dwelling monkey of the Amazon basin.
24. A rapid escape (as by criminals).
25. (Old Testament) The second patriarch.
26. A United Nations agency created to assist developing nations by loans guaranteed by member governments.
28. A small faint zodiacal constellation in the southern hemisphere.
29. A metric unit of volume equal to one tenth of a liter.
30. A festival featuring African-American culture.
34. (Sumerian) Consort of Dumuzi (Tammuz).
36. Taken before a meal as an appetizer.
39. A soft silvery metallic element of the alkali earth group.
40. A man salesperson.
44. A white metallic element that burns with a brilliant light.
45. Engross (oneself) fully.
47. Being two more than forty.
50. A Chadic language spoken in northern Nigeria.
51. A city in western Germany near the Dutch and Belgian borders.
54. (Islam) The man who leads prayers in a mosque.
56. Relatively small fast-moving sloth.
57. The basic monetary unit of most members of the European Union (introduced in 1999).
59. The second day of the week.
60. A river in northern England that flows southeast through West Yorkshire.
61. The segment of the public that is easily influenced by mass media (chiefly British).
63. A social division of (usually preliterate) people.
65. A nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drug (trade name Nalfon) used in the treatment of arthritis and other painful inflammatory disorders.
68. Use again after processing.
69. An onerous or difficult concern.
70. Of a yellow-green color similar to that of an unripe olive n 1.
71. The property of being remote.
74. Having two axes.
79. God of fire.
82. A French river that flows through the heart of Paris and then northward into the English Channel.
86. A linear unit (1/40 inch) used to measure diameter of buttons.
88. Inclined to a healthy reddish color often associated with outdoor life.
90. How long something has existed.
91. City in Sudan.
93. (Babylonian) God of storms and wind.
95. A type of submachine gun that is designed and manufactured in Israel.
96. Term of address for a man.
97. The basic unit of money in Yemen.
98. A quantity of no importance.
99. Remaining after all deductions.
1. A native American tent.
2. (Greek mythology) Greek god of war.
3. United States writer of poems and plays about racial conflict (born in 1934).
4. Brilliantly colored arboreal fruit-eating bird of tropical America having a very large thin-walled beak.
5. The bureau of the Treasury Department responsible for tax collections.
6. A former province of northwestern France on a peninsula between the English Channel and the Bay of Biscay.
7. Being one more than one.
8. Earlier a god.
9. East Indian tree bearing a profusion of intense vermilion velvet-textured blooms and yielding a yellow dye.
10. A member of a North American people formerly living in the Colorado river valley in Arizona.
11. Canadian hockey player (born 1948).
12. A mourner who utters long loud high-pitched cries.
13. English inventor who published the first book illustrated with photographs (1800-1877).
14. The sixth month of the civil year.
15. Designer drug designed to have the effects of amphetamines (it floods the brain with serotonin) but to avoid the drug laws.
21. Someone who humbles himself as a sign of respect.
23. A public promotion of some product or service.
27. (criminal law) Money that must be forfeited by the bondsman if an accused person fails to appear in court for trial.
29. In the same place (used when citing a reference).
31. The capital of the Bahamas.
32. Behavior or language bordering on indelicacy.
33. School of Mahayana Buddhism asserting that enlightenment can come through meditation and intuition rather than faith.
35. Small creatures resembling pieces of fuzzy rope.
37. Buffalo fishes.
38. A rate (usually rapid) at which something happens.
41. (Hindu) A manner of sitting (as in the practice of Yoga).
42. Dig up for reburial or for medical investigation.
43. An inflammatory disease of connective tissue with variable features including fever and weakness and fatigability and joint pains and skin lesions on the face or neck or arms.
46. Something twisted and tight and swollen.
48. Footwear that covers the whole foot and lower leg.
49. A complex inorganic compound that contains ammonia molecules.
52. A small unit serving as the nucleus of a larger political movement.
53. A hard brittle blue-white multivalent metallic element.
55. One of several broad spectrum antibiotic substances obtained from fungi and related to penicillin (trade names Mefoxin).
58. Being of use or service.
62. A number to which another number (the addend) is added.
64. A French verse form of 10 or 13 lines running on two rhymes.
66. Leaf or strip from a leaf of the talipot palm used in India for writing paper.
72. A radioactive element of the actinide series.
73. Any plant of the genus Reseda.
75. Any of a group of heavenly spirits under the god Anu.
76. A strong emotion.
77. Measuring instrument in which the echo of a pulse of microwave radiation is used to detect and locate distant objects.
78. Israeli general and statesman (1915-1981).
80. A capacity unit used for measuring fresh herring.
81. A Polynesian rain dance performed by a woman.
82. An intensely radioactive metallic element that occurs in minute amounts in uranium ores.
83. Goddess of spring and wife of Bragi.
84. A cape at the southern tip of Norway.
85. Expel, as of gases and odors.
87. Either extremity of something that has length.
89. Having undesirable or negative qualities.
90. A trivalent metallic element of the rare earth group.
92. A Loloish language.
94. An official prosecutor for a judicial district.